News: Cedar Fair preparing for another pandemic-focused season in 2021

Last season, those 30 minute interval cleaning cycles with empty train send were nearly as much of a capacity killer as the half full trains. The Maverick cycle to clean and send all 6 trains never took fewer than 11 minutes in the 3 instances that I timed it (one took 14 minutes from start to finish). To do that twice an hour just slashes throughput. With daily fastlane coming back and very high demand, it will be ugly if they choose to keep that process.

Last edited by James Parker jr,

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

I cant imagine trying to staff the park without the international workers. Just drive around town and everyone has on their marquee that they are hiring. I know we are struggling with hiring enough staff for our operations. There are numerous bars/restaurants that are adjusting hours because they dont have staff to stay open. There are so many more jobs open now than there are people willing to work.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Yeah I don’t have high hopes for the park in terms of operations, at least at the start of the season. They seem very desperate to fill positions and we are only three weeks away from opening. Even if they ran rides at full capacity, how many rides will be actually open?

I’m sure we will get the full picture Monday, but I don’t think, at least at the beginning, that this season will be much better than last season.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service