New Cedar Point Drive Sign

What have they done to our beautiful sign? This better not be it, because goodness, what a massive downgrade if so.

I’m going to assume there will be some kind of LED screen to go with it.

April Fool's?

RCMAC said:

I’m going to assume there will be some kind of LED screen to go with it.

If that's the case then this is probably a WIP. It could possibly look better in the future, but I'm really not a fan of the corporate-looking route Cedar Point is going down with its logos.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

That looks like a placeholder to me. I could have sworn they explicitly said that they were not going to do the new sign overhaul this year but they did want to get the old one down at WCO.

I was really hoping to see a throwback to the old Cedar Point / Disneyland era signage with the individual letters and a massive sign as their overhaul for their anniversary. I guess we'll see what happens. I will be sorely disappointed if this is just going to be their corporate logo and an LED sign.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

That looks insanely corporate and horrifyingly boring. However I thought I read the opposite that this was in fact the year that the new sign was going in.

That sign says to me: welcome to our corporate offices. Not welcome to the home of some of the best rollercoasters on the planet.

Sort of generic along the lines of ditching Chief Wahoo for a capital C. Well, not exactly along the lines as I don't think there were groups offended by CP signage but who's to say these days.

TwistedCircuits said:

I could have sworn they explicitly said that they were not going to do the new sign overhaul this year but they did want to get the old one down at WCO.

Why on Earth would they do this?

Brandon

Waiting, because of funding.

Getting the old one down, I have no clue.

I might be thinking of another project though... Now that I read mgou58s message I'm starting to remember that conversation better.

I'm curious to see what the finished product looks like. I am disappointed this far.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

They did mention to our group at wco, that the construction for the new sign was delayed. Things change.

Someone on another website posted a photo of an older entrance sign for Cedar Point it might have been from the 70s I think and I thought to myself that would have been a cool way to celebrate 150 years by bringing that style back.

But we got this instead. Oh well. It fits the “styling” of many of the signs found within the park so I guess the park gets an A for consistency. Even if it’s the most unoriginal design ever.

TwistedCircuits said:

I was really hoping to see a throwback to the old Cedar Point / Disneyland era signage with the individual letters and a massive sign as their overhaul for their anniversary.

I was hoping for the same thing, a modern version of the old marquee that I remember as a kid. Was picturing something to complement the new parking tolls from last year.

Obviously this is not the final, complete sign. There are other pictures of the installation showing attachment points for additional pieces. I believe they can be found on FB @ CP Rundown.

Brandon

I've seen those photos. Those are the old footers that haven't been destroyed/covered up yet.

mgou58 said:

That looks insanely corporate and horrifyingly boring.

I love that after 22 years people still call big parks "corporate."

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I wasn’t calling the park corporate. I was calling the sign corporate. Which it is.

PyroKinesis09 said:

I've seen those photos. Those are the old footers that haven't been destroyed/covered up yet.

No, not footers. Parts of the installed sign where it is clear additional pieces will be attached.

Patience.

Brandon

What was wrong with the old sign?

Just like it happens with wheels, the park realized the decorative pylons were backwards on the old sign.

If they were just going to put up monoliths...well, why didn't they do that 20 years ago?

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service