Virus Impact on CP

Na I and others complain when you draw these huge crowds and don't have the staff/infrastructure to provide a decent experience for those guests.

(Whoops you beat me to it!)

Last edited by Çp4€và04,

-Matt

I agree with the two above posts. Failing at marketing a product and then failing to offer said product efficiently after successfully marketing it are still both failures. Early on, it benefited us, the guest. Lately it has benefited the park, monetarily. There's still someone losing in both scenarios.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

When I went to Magic Kingdom back in January, the park was packed but it was still a great time. I never waited in long lines for food, bathroom, etc. And long lines at attractions moved fairly quickly, even on those where I had no FP. The crowd level that day would've been a lousy day at CP.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Thabto, I agree with you 100% about Disney’s ability to at least meet expectations in a way that CP struggles with. Having a year-round, experienced, and dedicated staff is a huge advantage for them.

Early reports on KIC are no social distancing in line for Orion, people just standing wherever they want, rampant line jumping, noses hanging out of masks, no security for enforcement.

That seems to run contradictory to this:

Granted, I'm not online looking for how things are going, this just came up in the FB feed and I took a look to see. (Photo via "Andy" from the Cedar Fair Platinum Passholders).

People "reporting" there have actually stated that everyone seems to be following the rules. But an hour has passed so maybe anarchy quickly settled in.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Could be people’s perception and expectations as well. 4’ is not 6’ so not good enough. Things certain look promising in the photo.

Edit: for clarity, the reports I suspect were expecting perfection, 4’ outside is probably “good enough” for most but not the distance nazi. :)

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

True, but if person A and person B are actually both wearing masks in an open-air environment, I would say 4 feet is ok. I mean, assuming they aren't trying to yell particles at each other.

I could be wrong, but from my own personal perspective, I think I will feel safer at Cedar Point on a midway (or a socially-distant queue line) than my local Walmart.

Now if people start getting all crammed together in bunches, that's when there's a problem.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Kevin right there with you on that last point. Anytime I'm outside I feel much safer than when inside, even if people aren't staying exactly 6' apart.

I'm no medical professional but from what I understand from the medical professionals I've talked to this about; the chances of getting a "contagious viral load" outdoors even with people being lax about safety (mask off nose at 4' instead of 6'), due to natural airflow and ample solar exposure is substantially lower (note not saying zero just comparing) than when indoors in optimal social distancing and all wearing masks conditions right now. That doesn't even present the comparison point about a closed-air environment like a restaurant where people aren't wearing masks.

Is this exact medial information? Not by a long shot. Should people not be proactive about this still? I strongly believe in personal responsibility because at the end of the day the politicians and experts can talk till their blue in the face (right or wrong depending on whats being discussed) and some people are still going to ignore them. So as I am only responsible for myself I can only make sure I do my part to distance and mask. I have a really hard time judging distance visually to be completely honest, so thats been a huge learning curve for me when I don't realize where 6 foot is visually.

But, I've discovered this is a life outlook for me overall, outdoors definitely doesn't feel as cramped and dirty to me as being inside, even when I'm elbows deep in grease helping my grandpa work on one of his antique tractors. So there is a, peace(?), in the outdoors that I'm sure others are acting on as well.

Maybe going to Walmart early in the morning makes a huge difference. I have been making my weekly outing on Fridays, around 8:00 am. Very few people in the store. Shelves are stocked. I never feel unsafe.

I don't necessarily feel unsafe either, mainly because I have always had a knack for staying the hell away from people, merely a comparison.

There is only one main area I can think of at Cedar Point where you are really depending on others to play by the rules; the queue lines. Other than that, there is plenty of wide open space to keep a distance, especially with a limited crowd capacity.

Promoter of fog.

Spacing in the queue would also require using every other lane.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Not necessarily. It just requires that each switchback's "stand here" sticker be staggered relative to the ones next to it. It's all about proximity and duration, not simply proximity. Passing by someone isn't particularly risky. Standing next to someone is.

Brandon

It seems clear CF is not going to use every other lane in the queues. Works well enough if people stay on their sticker or don’t have 8 person “households” in line. Not perfect certainly.

Jeff said:

Spacing in the queue would also require using every other lane.

So what they did at KI today was place "stand here" stickers in the lines that places people in staggered groups. Not ideal, mind you. No, I wasn't there...and this is only going off of Orion's line (which would undoubtedly be the longest).

I was actually 100% assuming we would see over-run queue lines because using every-other-row makes more sense in that regard.

I'm curious to see how it goes as we progress.

Like others have stated numerous times, pulling this off in a safe way requires 1 thing: guests buying in and playing along.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

So what happened to all of the political discussions on this site? Don’t get me wrong, I don’t care to reignite more political bickering, I would rather read about CP specific stuff when I come to this site, but I’m just curious why it all disappeared even with all the crazy stuff going on in our country.

Because the crazy people aren't here anymore. :P

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Master D said:

So what happened to all of the political discussions on this site?

Promoter of fog.

I for one am glad to see the politics mostly gone. Come here for enthusiastic conversations about the park and developments so the politics was a huge buzz kill.

PointBuzzKill......has a nice ring to it.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service