Cedar Point to begin 2020 season with phased opening

I have a feeling they're using the social distancing reasons to keep attractions closed while the real reason is staffing.

We all assume staffing will be a nightmare this year with the late opening and zero internationals.

Phil86OSU said:

Is there any way to reserve without staying at a Cedar Point Hotel yet? Just looking into options. I have a Gold Pass.

Thanks!

Not yet, probably a week or so before they open. Keep checking your inbox.

WolfBobs said:

I have a feeling they're using the social distancing reasons to keep attractions closed while the real reason is staffing.

It's both, right? They have limited staff, so identify the attractions where social distancing is possible and prioritize those.

Brandon

I have friends who cancelled their July trip to Disney When they saw the list of closed rides and attractions. They said it was pretty much all the good stuff and there were no shows or parades whatsoever, as expected.
I think it must have to do with how many riders can be accommodated while still keeping the distance. Staffing and associated numbers would surely come into play, but I doubt there’s a nefarious plot to disguise reasons for closing.
Maybe I’ll try to make a list of rides that I think will likely be closed and why.

edit: well, I checked the Disney thing and I found a list of rides that will be open. Looks like just about everything that I’d be interested in.

Sorry, I’m gonna check with my friend to see what she meant.

Last edited by RCMAC,

^^ Yep, devote the staff they do have to the most critical area's, rides, food & beverage, resorts, ect.... Even the CP Shores lifeguards and staff have been relocated to other area's of the park from what I've heard. It makes perfect sense.

Rcmac, Tony stated that SRF, SRE, Snoopys bounce house, and FF would be definitely closed. I'm thinking that may be it, but one has to wonder about Thunder Canyon if Snake River Falls is closed. Maybe it has to do with the splash bridge?

Last edited by DRE420,

I don't think I'll be returning this year. I am from out of state, and even though they cut the dorms from 4 to 2 people, there is no way the virus would NOT spread in just one night. I also don't want to deal with enforcing mask rules. In my experience last year enforcing smoking, vaping, line jumping, loose article, etc. rules, CP management and police do not back us at all. We are just a punching bag for the public. We enforce the rules, fail, and CP management comes to the guest's rescue against the "clueless" employee enforcing the rules. The pay is around $5 less per hour than I could be earning at home. I mainly just don't want to get sick.

Last edited by cpblue,

This may be a bit of a noob question (or two), but since getting my Gold pass in October I've never got any emails from CP regarding season pass holders. Also, when I added my pass the the app I see they spelled my last name wrong. What's the easiest way to add my email address to receive updates and correct my name spelling?

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

I did notice an eyebrow raising statement made by Tony in his blog post (or video I can’t remember which) that Cedar Point Shores would be back and better next year. And since I’m exhausted from the virus talk thought I’d share that for what it’s worth even though it’s probably nothing. But it’s an interesting choice of words. To say something will be better next year...though just the fact that it will be open next year would make it better lol

Last edited by mgou58,

Tony is a PR Guy, what is he going to say? "The same old CPS will be back next year!" :D

I could see a small addition or change for Shores, especially if CP was one of the parks to lose Cap Ex when Cedar Fair announced cutting it by about half for next year.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

cpblue said:

If snoopy bounce house doesn't open, then I'm not coming.

Word has it that this attraction will remain closed until the giant Snoopy "sitting" on it solves his constipation issues.

I won't eat fish unless it's perch or walleye. But to say that the fish isn't as good as the Thirsty Pony. I never had their fish. But, how many adult beverages did you have before you ate such fish at either place, and did that factor into you liking of the fish itself. Because if I was drunk enough I'd eat a dog turd and mow it down. But, if I was sober I would throw up. My dad fish's a lot. So I don't eat lake trash.

It wasn't on this thread, but maybe on facebook, people started calling out for beer to be banned too. Are you kidding me. They make 10 dollars on every beer they sell. And we are all adults. On vacations that we payed for. Go on a vacation to somewhere more secluded. It's probably a better time to do this anyways. If your paying attention to what's going on. That's what I'm doing!

Last edited by redsfan,

^ Man, how many "adult beverages" did you have before posting this? o_O

Lake trash? I'd gladly take Perch and Walleye off your hands. Your Dad shouldn't waste it on you.

Just reading through the FAQs, looking at the section in regards to resort guests it sounds like we will have an alternate entrance setup? The temp and health screen happens at the front desk then we will "get instructions to enter the park". Definitely curious to see how that operates.

The resort is set up to take your temperature at check in, so maybe they also can take it before you head over to the park, ease up the congestion.

Redsfan, if you eat walleye and perch and don't eat bluegill, you are seriously effing up. It is the best if the 3.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

That's how it's reading, it makes a lot of sense and would allow guests at the resort to still get a "priority access" as they don't have to go through the main check in lines. I definitely like that direction if they follow through.

The Giant Wheel is testing! I am now complete.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service