News: Cedar Point’s mask rule ignites firestorm of fan protests on social media

Would anybody be surprised if our Dear Leader actually promoted those cards in a tweet?

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

"This is the worst fake ID I've ever seen. Do you realize you've made yourself 42? Why do you have a fake ID anyway?"

"So I can vote."

There will be "Relax zones" for people to take their masks off.... GOOD JOB CP! Its in their newest info on the site... but some rides will be closed.... anyone know which ones.. they said it would be on the app but they should really put a closed Icon by each ride on the website too.

I'm guessing that info is not yet readily available.

Promoter of fog.

Per Tony in the On Point Blog:

"Due to social distancing guidelines, Forbidden Frontier on Adventure Island and Snoopy Bounce will not open this season. In addition, Snake River Falls and the new Snake River Expedition will open in 2021."

Hopefully this is the list, but as we all know, it's subject to change.

If they are spacing out rows on rides, I'm curious what TTD operation will look like. Are they able to run it with 50% (or less)-filled trains?

Last edited by Dvo,

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Good question, especially with how complex it's computer system is with weight measuring for launch speed.

Rollbacks for everyone!

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Thanks Oprah!

If Dragster does operate I'm very interested to see it's operation. Will you have to take the mask off? Will they put water dummies in the empty rows?

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

^Interesting thought. IIRC, I don't think I've ever seen them put a water dummy on TTD. But this is going to be a unique season, without a doubt.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Sollybeast said:

Rollbacks for everyone!

Run one train and balance it so you are guaranteed a rollback. Charge enthusiasts $10 a ride. Boom, that's how you start to recoup your 2020 losses.

The problem is I'm the sucker who would pay for it at least once. But then I'd also probably tell myself it's not a real rollback XD

Water dummies in the empty rows seems like a pretty simple solution. They might need to do that on Millennium Force as well.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Something smells like someone filing a complaint against the park if they run with water dummies and one decides it needs to take a leak en route.

If I understand dragster operations properly (never worked on it but watched a lot of different ops videos as the tech fascinates me, if anyone has worked it and knows I'm wrong please enlighten me) as long as they start light and load every other row like the normally do the computer shouldn't have any issues with the launches. Its running about a past 3 launch average to calculate each launch.
Now as to Mille I have heard that shes a bit more particular on the inertia/speed, to the point where the one stall out that had on Millennium Island (Adventure Island) lead them to have a 6(?) foot section of track they can remove instead of a whole span for easy removal of a train? I personally have always wanted to experience an evac, and I imagine a backstage tour of forbidden frontier while its closed would definitely make a memorable one. I can't say maint or the GP would appreciate that though. In the warm summer months once shes warmed up I'm sure there won't be any issue running light, come fall it may be interesting to see though.

I'm lucky enough where smoking is no longer an addiction but I will have them on vacation. Kinda tempting the beast but it''s never backfired all these years. There's something magical about a long island from the Surf Lounge and a smoke or two after a long day at the park. In the park it wouldn't bother me either way if they got rid of it. However I think Covid aside what we have now is a fair compromise. But the writing is definitely on the wall and it will likely be banned.

This addiction is very real for some people and they will do whatever possible to get their fix. Bathrooms, off to the side or in the middle of a crowd. So while not perfect most people adhere to the current system and personally I think it should stay. But I 100% understand the other side of this issue.

Edit: I suppose now that you get searched upon entering the park they could catch most of it coming in.

Last edited by Çp4€và04,

-Matt

^^ I thought when a coaster valleys a crane was used to lift the cars off, but I suppose the procedure used depends on the particular coaster.

From what I know, going back to 2002 when MF didn't make it off the island, is that a crane/winch system is used to pull the train back across. Having a section of track to remove would mean a crane still has to be used to pull each car off, then loaded onto a truck/forklift, brought back to the station, and then another crane used to load each car onto the track again. This is of course all done on an island. The preferred method for a coaster that valleys is a crane.

They use various methods depending on the ride. In 2010 they winched a Mantis:TCFKAB train backwards up the hill to the mid-course brake run, then completely loaded it with employees and let it go. Watch here: https://vimeo.com/78603037
Of course when Dragster stalled on the top of the tower, they just gave it a shove: https://vimeo.com/78602774
Wildcat had a winch built in to one of the mid course hills for recovery, otherwise they usually just pushed the cars off the brakes.
Once I watched as they hooked a wire rope to a Gemini train and used a forklift driving through the middle of the ride to drag the train up the hills.
Maverick required a complicated series of maneuvers involving winches and come-alongs to get the train to a place where it could be sent home.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

That looks like a fun job to have.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service