Cedar Point to begin 2020 season with phased opening

DRE420 said:

... some good food,...

Have you been to CP before?

I'm kidding :)

It is getting better. I sure wouldn't have said that 5 years ago.

I'd have to agree. Many of the recent additions (Crystal Rock, Mrs. Keats, Hugos, BackBeat) have been quite good.

It's gotten better, but there's still so much potential when I eat at a place like Backbeatcue or Hugo's. The concepts are great, but the food quality is just so hit or miss.

DRE420 said:

I reserved a room a Breakers Express for July 8th, and confirmed my spot for opening day today. Can't wait to ride some coasters, enjoy some entertainment, some good food, and a few cold ones.

Did you just make this reservation yesterday? I haven't been able to get anything from any CP resort for opening day for a while now.

Yes, as of yesterday there was availability at both Express and Breakers. You have to have a season pass and use the promo code "pass" when searching.

You are correct as far as the food is concerned. I have been to BackBeat and had brisket that was money, and I've also had some not so good, mostly fat, last of what they had, ect.... but it sure beats the overcooked and burnt chicken strips from the old days.

Edit: here it shows availability for July 8th using the promotional and pass only. Trying without it says property restricted. Click on the pic to make it bigger, not sure why my image size keep getting reduced.

Last edited by DRE420,

Thanks for the tips! And yes to the brisket. Same goes for the perch. I've had it cold and overly greasy. And I've had it where it's as good as Thirsty Pony.

My wife and daughter have had the same luck with the half chicken, but they had good luck more times than not. I also like to hit up Chick Fil A when I can because it's consistently good, but I usually visit more on Sundays when the place is closed.

One this I've noticed with Chick-fil-A, they normally have a line that competes with some popular flat rides. I wonder if anyone tracks their hourly capacity. It is consistently good though.

Back Beat has been the most obvious one for me. I've had some meals that would compete with local higher end BBQs for me, and others that must have been the end of a batch.

Overall I personally have really enjoyed the recent additions to the park.

This probably has been answered previously in this thread, but how does one reserve a spot in the park for opening weekend, or any day for that matter?

Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

Nostalgia just like KI has done they will roll out their reservation system in phases. It will be on their website or their app. I have yet to see it in the KI app though. From there is like purchasing a ticket and you select day and time slot. I was confused that they let you select. More than one? I thought you could only get one at a time.

Cedar Point released their welcoming you back guide today. As expected, smoking in the park has been eliminated, it looks like smoking will be only allowed outside the main gate and not all gates. Also, it states that not all rides and areas will be open due to social distancing. There are going to be 4 mask free relax zones, by Gatekeeper, by Corkscrew, by the RR crossing at Gemini midway, and by the Barnyard. Sanitizing stations eveywhere. No indoor entertainment at all for 2020. No early entry benefits this season, and bring a friend tickets have been temporarily discontinued.

Cedar Point Shores will not open for 2020 as we all kind of guessed.

Last edited by DRE420,

Park hours 11 to 8 every day listed through Labor Day. Looks like you need the app to reserve dates as well as to complete the health screenings.

I'm curious as to what rides will be deemed unable to open due to social distancing, since Kings Island says they expect all rides to be open.

Gemini Blue anyone?

Snoopy bounce house?

If snoopy bounce house doesn't open, then I'm not coming.

I too am intrigued on which rides wont be open... gatekeeper should be open.. cant see why it would be closed. Valravn the rows are about 3 feet apart.....

Snoopy Bounce, Snake River Falls, Snake River Expedition and Forbidden Frontier will not open this year. Per Tony

Is there any way to reserve without staying at a Cedar Point Hotel yet? Just looking into options. I have a Gold Pass.

Thanks!

Cartwright said:

... it's as good as Thirsty Pony.

I actually spit coffee out of my mouth.

This is the funniest thing I have heard in months!

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service