Live Web Cams

I'm more worried they'll be put on upside down!

On more than 1 Cedar Point FB Groups, I have seen many people taking drives to the park and getting some good snapshots of the new toll booth building, as well as pictures of themselves up by the main entrance with Gatekeeper and pretty much the rest of the skyline in the background. At this point, I am willing to assume that there isn’t anybody there guarding the parking lot as it looks like all of the older toll booths are gone. Therefore, people are probably just driving in and taking a stroll on the boardwalk. If it’s a nice day out, I wouldn’t mind doing the same myself. Granted I’d receive permission prior to doing so.

^there is at least one person there manning it somehow, although I don't know how much. I saw a Facebook post the other day complaining about all the people stopping by for pics

I just hope they change the angle of the webcams soon. Right now they're just showing two of the coasters, and if the park was open that would be cool but as it is nothing's moving and it's kind of dull!

I believe our former resident expert on Cedar Point operations and operating procedures, Just Coasting, once made note that it's up to Tony Clark to operate the webcams. Just Coasting may also have mentioned Tony actually has to get up on a ladder and position them. Assuming some office staff are returning tomorrow, perhaps this critical task will take place.

:sarcasm: - because apparently in 2020 you have to.

true but we would know by if the gondolas on the big wheel go on if it is close to opening, I figure they wont put those on until they are about ready to start testing.....which means close to Opening.

Holy cow, the cloud cover today is something else. I just checked the cams and I can't see a thing.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

I noticed that as well.

The Magnum cam right now shows the mufflehead infestation is in full effect.

I just checked the webcams a second ago. It's either SUPER foggy out, or both cameras are down. Nothing but a gray screen.

Camera #1 is aimed at GateKeeper. Check out that structure they put in below the first hill loop, the thing with several white posts. I believe it is going to be covered from poor weather and be a staging area for the additional parades they were going to have, or will have in 2021.

Sollybeast said:

*insert Jaws theme*

Very cool picture!

^^That structure has been there since the ride was installed. It is part of the transfer station and not a new storage area for parades.

99er, there were construction crews a couple weeks ago tearing up that area and erecting the frame for whatever it is. Perhaps I described the location improperly, it is just inside the Security booth near the Boardwalk entrance from the parking lot. It is indeed something that was not previously there as I have traversed that area frequently.

The camera must have moved since you first mentioned this as nothing of what you describe can be seen in the current view of the webcam. The white structure that is the transfer area just happened to match up with what you were asking. Since my post a friend sent me a picture of the new structure, not visible in the webcam, and it does appear to be a new tent for what I am guessing will be float storage.

I don't know about anybody else, but it's tickling me to watch all these trucks and vans zip around on Cam 1. Can't help but wonder where they're all going with what- I just watched a red tanker make its way past Valravn and off camera.

I'm surprised they haven't started landscaping the flower beds yet. Less than a month to go and that's a LOT of flowers that need planting...

Edit: I think they're using Coasters as a break room or lunch area. The AC is turned on and I don't know why else it would be right now.

Last edited by Sollybeast,

Same here, yesterday I caught myself watching a scrubber truck drive around the park cleaning the midway. I was disappointed when he disappeared from the screen. 🤪 🤣🤣

It doesn't take long for them to plant flowers. They will wait til the last minute so between now and opening they don't have to continue to take care of them.

Any building that has A/C is likely going to start running so the HVAC team can make sure they all still work from winter. Also to cool down the buildings while people work in them.

My experience with flowers, especially annuals, says they still need care whether or not they’re planted in the ground. I’m not sure where CP gets their annuals for their award winning beds, but I would assume that they have some somewhere to avoid losing out. Usually everything is done for the season by Memorial Day, and it will be long past once they finally open.
You may see a season without a lot of landscaping.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service