Cedar Point to begin 2020 season with phased opening

Dvo said:

Hahaha. Finally we can sleep at night.

Well, if you think about it, the Giant Wheel is probably one of the safest rides in the park. One couple/group to a car and no problem social distancing because all the cars are way more than 6' apart. And you can probably take your mask off while you're on it. It'll have the longest line in the park!

^^Has that been stated except once long ago in a random blog post? I don't remember seeing that in any of the new announcements. They're just saying Cedar Point is opening. I assume if they weren't planning on opening everything, they would've said that in their announcement. I mean, people are angry at the mask rule. Imagine if they're blindsided by things not open too.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

They wouldn’t be blindsided. In fact, the park still has yet to make a full operations announcement other than what’s required to enter.

And I doubt Jason would set those expectations early and then the park turn around and go back on it. Further, how does the park even staff 100% without their international workers?

I’d look for another announcement shortly before reservations go live.

For what it's worth, Worlds of Fun stated in their reopening announcement that certain rides, attractions, and a few areas will remain closed where social distancing cannot be achieved.

Yeah...that's why I said what I said about the announcement. I'll believe an announcement. For the masses. Not a blog post no one reads. Because, he set up expectations for who exactly? Hardcore fans and enthusiasts? The GP would be peeved to hear, "Well we mentioned it months ago in a blog post. Didn't you see it?" When normal people hear, "We're opening July 9th!", they don't assume partially open or some things might be closed. Who would? I'm a reasonable person and I would assume "We're opening" means they are opening...no asterisks.

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe

I was simply stating that Jason, who literally runs the park, obviously has insight into the operations of said park and therefore we shouldn’t be jumping to the conclusion that the whole park will be open. We already know that anything associated with Forbidden Frontier is not opening this year. Likely there will be other restrictions as well. It’s common sense.

But of course to avoid argument we will wait until an official typed letter from the park to be delivered via certified mail with a signature required.

Also, to state that people were “blindsided by the mask requirement” means most of those folks clearly weren’t paying attention to early indicators: Disney and Universal

Last edited by mgou58,

I never once said people were blindsided by the mask requirement. Don't put words in my mouth I never said. And again, it was only announced they would be opening. I agree it will be tough to fully open. And as an enthusiast, I understand that it has been said, although quite some time ago and in no widespread capacity, that it might not open fully. I'm just saying, any reasonable person would assume "We're opening" means exactly that. Again, no asterisks.

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe

What are we arguing about now?

Promoter of fog.

Sorry. Just got caught up in it again. *walking away sheepishly*

Joe

vwhoward said:

I mean, people are angry at the mask rule. Imagine if they're blindsided by things not open too.

Not to be picky but this statement clearly implies that folks were blindsided by masks. Adding the word “too” at the end of the statement implies both achieved the same reaction.

Moving forward, we will wait to see what the park says.

🙄

Joe

mgou58 said:

Not to be picky...

Yet you still were.

The "too" does not imply what you think it does.

🙄

🥳

🤤🍻

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Has anyone heard if the Pre-K pass holders will be admitted on July 9-10? Thanks!

Jason

Why do they call it common sense, when it's so infrequently used?

With the opening day rapidly approaching, here is a public service announcement. In case some may not have heard, Rt. 6 is being repaved within the Sandusky city limits. Presently there is major work on the west side near Margaritaville and Tofts. There have been crews marking utilities & such all through the city, including near the Thirsty Pony corner. Just be aware & cautious and patient and you will finally reach the new parking booths, which already have fresh, smooth pavement around.

So Kings Island has released full details of what to expect, surprisingly they’ve stated that they anticipate all attractions will be open, but to check the app daily for updates. It does say some seats or rows will be unavailable depending on the ride. And you won’t be able to walk up at all and get a ticket. Everything must be done in advance.

Curious to see what Cedar Point will have open.

We have a membership for the Cleveland Zoo and visited yesterday. Not the same completely as CP, but here is some of the experience.

Created on-line account using our membership number, selected date of visit and number of guests. Confirmation e-mail with "bar code" attachment sent to my e-mail. walkways from the parking lot have roping dividing it for people coming and going (people never keep right on sidewalks or hiking paths). If your phone displays the e-mail you walk past the main ticket booths to some temporary entry tents where they scan the bar codes behind plexi-glass and you are in. Staffing seemed very high and very friendly, almost all would state "Welcome back". Visitors seemed to walk awkwardly around other people, zig-zagging to keep a distance, hardly any guests wore masks, all employees wore them.

I have never seen the wolves so active in any other visit. Kind of like the wolves running to the back of CP for Steel Vengeance at opening.

I reserved a room a Breakers Express for July 8th, and confirmed my spot for opening day today. Can't wait to ride some coasters, enjoy some entertainment, some good food, and a few cold ones.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service