Virus Impact on CP

There's also the fact that he's tainted his entire party, possibly irreversibly. Now full disclosure, I am by no means a Republican or a Conservative at all. I've never agreed with GOP policy. But never can I remember the GOP being this up to the neck in cronyism. Any Repub who stands up to the president gets mocked and shouted down. John McCain was vilified in his dying days and post mortem, for God's sake. The result is that any red congressperson with any sort of spine retired, and what's left are little better than lampreys hopelessly attached to a certain giant orange rear end.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

^^Wow! I'm not defending the guy. In fact, if anything, I'm independent, and you should assume that from my post seeing how good you are at making assumptions. I wish an independent would win is in no way defending the current regime. Pull your head out of the sand.

Last edited by DRE420,

TTD 120mph said:

Defund the police doesn't mean what you or Fox News thinks it does. I admit that its name could be taken literally and blown out of proportion (which it is) but it by no means suggests taking away funding for police.

Yes Adam, they are talking reduction of officers or disbanding the entire force in some areas. It makes NO sense. I am seriously considering buying a gun.

Peace ☮️

Wrong. The case is being made for not trying to solve every problem with armed enforcement. The police aren't just running down bank robbers anymore, they're asked to be social workers, community builders, drug rehab counselors, real estate contract enforcers... they've been set up to fail.

I would encourage you to watch this (mature language), as it gets to the root of historic problem that policing in the US has become, and why it enables racism. And yeah, Democrats are just as much a part of the problem.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

randi b said:
It makes NO sense. I am seriously considering buying a gun.

It can make perfect sense. My hometown police department was so corrupt they disbanded the force. Fired everyone and bulldozed the building and decide the city didn't need a police department anymore. The local Sheriff took over and guess what, nothing bad happened. Crime didn't go up, you could still call 911. The city was still protected and people didn't need to go out and arm themselves for all the crime that was going to happen. So it can make sense and can work just fine. People need to stop freaking out over this idea.

Sollybeast said:

Any Repub who stands up to the president gets mocked and shouted down. John McCain was vilified in his dying days and post mortem, for God's sake.

And this is something that I really hated seeing. I was by no means a McCain fan but I still respected the guy as a veteran. He really loved his country and he had respect for all of his fellow politicians regardless of their political beliefs. Something you definitely don't see today.

Last edited by 99er,

I’m out. I’ve been a regular on this site since 2000 (under a few different screen names), but I’ll return after COVID is a distant memory and its no longer PoliticsBuzz. There are other sites I can visit to talk about theme parks. ✌🏽

Last edited by CPVet,

Bye! Thanks for the announcement! We all needed to know you're leaving. But not as much as you needed to tell us! ✌

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

I'll never understand those who don't want to talk about a certain subject but continue to read a thread about that subject. There are other threads currently talking about Cedar Point right now yes?

Master D said:
You might want to do yourself a favor also and read that many do mean exactly what it sounds like, either take money directly away from police budgets or disband them altogether.

No need. I already acknowledged that there was a distinction but that the idea doesn't mean what some of the alarmists want it to mean. I don't give a rats arse about what some of the extremists are suggesting because that's not what is going to be seriously debated when the matter goes through the political process. Yes it needs to be reworded but the essential message would be the same: "Retool and reform the police".

randi b said:Yes Adam, they are talking reduction of officers or disbanding the entire force in some areas. It makes NO sense. I am seriously considering buying a gun.

Seriously watch the John Oliver video that puts it into perspective. Those ideas you mentioned are not whats at the heart of the movement. The extremists yelling "Disband the police" are suggesting ideas that are, you guessed it, an extreme version of what is really being suggested. Of course THOSE ideas make little sense but it's no reason to freak out and go buy a gun.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

For the record CPVet I'm having Chipotle for dinner. Thought you should know.

A few days ago Trump set a record for daily tweets amounting to over 200. Yea many were re-tweets. Lets not forget the tweet about the 75 year old man in Buffalo. Sigh.

Many on here have already listed out the million reasons the guy has to go so I won't bother repeating them. I remember when he got elected thinking maybe, just maybe this was an act to win election. Then without skipping a beat we were having a debate about crowd sizes and that hope of mine was squashed.

I get what you're saying MasterD, JohnLewis and others. But for me this just isn't about issues, politics or policy. This isn't about the nuance and grey area so many issues we face have. This is about Trump. He has weaponized ignorance to a level that many in this Country simply don't understand the danger of. If he is allowed another 4 years it's all but certain he will leave this Country decimated like so many of his businesses.

You think the Democrats balloon the deficit? Take a look at what this administration has done. Everything Conservatives have stood for has been thrown out the window. From what I can tell they have sold their ideals for Judges. Weighing the short term damage done now will be worth it long term in the judiciary.

Clearly our two party system while never ideal to begin with is now completely broken. Just give me someone who will listen and delegate to those who know more, lie like an average politician and stay off Twitter (I know they are all on it). In other words Biden it is.

-Matt

"Weaponized ignorance." Exactly. His followers simply don't care that he lies to them constantly. They hate science and will yell down facts they don't like. You show them scientific facts that prove something Trump said was wrong and dangerous and they call you a hater and tell you you have TDS. It really is a cult.

vwhoward said:

Bye! Thanks for the announcement! We all needed to know you're leaving. But not as much as you needed to tell us! ✌

Shouldn’t we get him a watch or a brick or something?

Notice he didn't delete his account....

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Notice who? ;)

A couple months ago I came to read this site after a little bit of time away and I too was surprised and disappointed it was in full blown political mode. I never saw this site devolve into that before. I learned to accept it and eventually joined in and have had some fun debating with you guys and girls. Would it be better maybe to condense into one political thread? So those that come here to get away from politics and want to read about and discuss roller coasters and our beloved Cedar Point would be able to avoid the politics. I guess that question is for Jeff. I have learned to roll with it but I can understand those that don’t think it belongs here also.

For the most part though any thread that has a healthy amount of chatter regarding politics is still related to the thread itself, which obviously is related to Cedar Point. Whether or not anyone wants to admit it, talking about the virus and its impact on our country while bringing politics into it is still keeping it on topic. We haven't see much political talk on Pointbuzz before simply because very little has happened in our country that directly impacts Cedar Point from a government level.

I mean, there is the option of just going to a different topic if you disapprove of the level of politics being discussed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you don't like threads that evolve into meaningful, nuanced discussion that expands beyond the park, the place I recommend is Coasterbuzz. It's like "Pointbuzz-lite".

When you get there ask for a guy named Gonch.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Don't encourage that. We may disagree a lot there, but it's civil discourse and generally racist-free.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Kevinj said:

When you get there ask for a guy named Gonch
It's got everything! Glass, steam, Dan Cortez...

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service