CP Reopening- Gov DeWine comments

Newbie Oscar, please read the forum rules. Quoting the post directly before yours is not ok. It makes the forum terrible to read through. But TheBluestreak and MaverickLaunch did this as well so I'm not surprised you are too. But stop.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

vwhoward said:

But TheBluestreak and MaverickLaunch did this as well so I'm not surprised you are too. But stop.

Why would you say this? You don’t know me and are being a real jack a**.

Comparing me to others and you don’t even know me.

I’m out of this forum because it sucks. All you all do is rip on people you don’t even know.

You all are nothing but juvenile idiots. You all must be so insecure that you have to compare someone to others you don’t even know.

screw off all of you....

screamscape is better for news and rumors anyway.

Last edited by Oscar,

Hey...my bad. Sorry. Prove me wrong. I won't say it again. But I stand by the quote rule.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

High five!

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

He's leaving?!

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

vwhoward said:
...Quoting the post directly before yours is not ok. It makes the forum terrible to read through.... But stop.

(shudder) Ever have the misfortune of subscribing to a mailing list that has such high traffic that you have to subscribe to the digest to keep the email under control, but an uncomfortably large percentage of the participants use Outlook and don't understand why top-posting is a Bad Thing? Copies and copies and copies and copies of quoted text because nobody knows how to trim...

--Dave Althoff, Jr. <- Hates Outlook

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

I’m a long time lurker and recent joiner here a few weeks ago... I gotta say this place is like a kindergarten sandbox. Lot of losers and no winners. All sorts of fallacious attacks on people and always these defenses of “science” and “data”. Of which there is none. But I digress.

I hope the park can open back up safely. Even the CDC has blatantly stated that lockdowns past May 15 don’t make much sense. This whole thing is a sham. And the argument of “someone close to you will die from it” is equally obtuse. Those same people will die from cancer, heart attack, stroke, etc because of having been reluctant to go to the ER when they should have. I’ve seen this in real life. I work in a VA hospital in Ann Arbor, Michigan. BTW. We just discharged our last covid-19 patient.

"This whole thing is a sham. And the argument of “someone close to you will die from it” is equally obtuse."

Is that your opinion or a fact supported by the scientific community? Is anything you said a stated fact or opinion supported by science or data? Because my grandmother died from COVID-19 after multiple seniors, at the Senior Living Center she was at, contracted it. Doesn't seem obtuse to me.

The only thing that's obtuse, is you.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

GeminiGuy1 said:

...always these defenses of “science” and “data”. Of which there is none.

And you follow this up with claims supported by no data whatsoever... But hey, at least you supplied some irony.

Brandon

Jeff I feel really bad for you. How many accounts have you deleted this month alone? And just for another to pop up in its place. I’ve never seen someone so determined to continue to troll. That’s what, six usernames now?

Oh, I wouldn’t feel so bad. These websites have been busier than ever for the last couple of months, if that counts for anything. Traffic has been steady right through the weekends, too- usually a slow time. It’s almost as if a controversial new ride had just opened or something...

At any rate, busy is always good. And with the good you gotta expect some bad to go with it.

RCMAC said:

Oh, I wouldn’t feel so bad. These websites have been busier than ever for the last couple of months, if that counts for anything.

Traffic this month is actually down 75% over what we would typically see in May. We have spikes for big news stories, etc., but in general, our traffic has two basic levels: Cedar Point is open and Cedar Point is closed. As lively as the discussion has been, overall traffic is still in off-season mode.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

RCMAC said:

These websites have been busier than ever for the last couple of months, if that counts for anything. Traffic has been steady right through the weekends, too- usually a slow time.

Hoping you have some science or data to back up that claim???

Not only is the traffic down, but the ad rates have cratered hard, the worst in 20 years. Between CB and PB, I'm barely covering expenses, and I don't have the cushion of CB memberships because there are no events and no one is buying. I picked a great time to scale up for performance.

So... you're welcome I guess?

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Jeff said:

Between CB and PB, I'm barely covering expenses

Are you saying that our non-egregious ads keep the lights on and whitelisting us on ad blockers helps keep the site alive? 😄

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

TwistedWicker77 said:

Are you getting The Blue Streak and Bluestreaker mixed up?

Yes, I did. Thanks for pointing that out. Sorry, Bluestreaker!

Walt said:

Jeff said:

Between CB and PB, I'm barely covering expenses

Are you saying that our non-egregious ads keep the lights on and whitelisting us on ad blockers helps keep the site alive? 😄

Which is why I resist the temptation, even when it seems I’m being pelted with pro-Trump ads AND ITS DRIVING ME BATTY but I love this site and want to help it thrive. ❤️

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

TTD 120mph said:

The only thing that's obtuse, is you.

Typical response, you don’t agree with what someone says you stoop down to a sub-kindergarten level and hide behind every one else on this forum. What a joke.

“Oh look someone doesn’t agree with me let’s gang up on them and run them out of here”

Bunch of pansies.....

...didn’t you say you were leaving?

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Oscar said:

Typical response, you don’t agree with what someone says you stoop down to a sub-kindergarten level...

Calling you obtuse is pretty mild given that you are making thoroughly-debunked and, more importantly, dangerous claims.

If you want to have a thoughtful, nuanced discussion about the economic, social, and health implications of various re-opening scenarios, that's one thing. But you're just regurgitating the baseless, dangerous rhetoric that's been scripted by disingenuous partisans.

Bunch of pansies.....

This is quite a bit harsher than being called out as "obtuse". So, pot, kettle, yadda yadda...

Brandon

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service