To wear a mask or not wear a mask?

Everyone's home electrical usage might go up a little but think of all the places that will go down immensely because of not being opened. I'm sure it would all equal out in the end.

I just got my electric bill and it was alot higher than last month

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

You need to manage that power a little better, Brian! :) Mine has been pretty much the same which surprised me since I like my house cold and we have had a couple weeks of high 80s to mid 90s.

I've been home more, so therefore using more electric. I wish it would get a little warmer so I could turn my electric heater off, there's no gas in my apartment building. I'm pretty sure that's where most of my electric usage comes from an it's an old baseboard heater which isn't very energy efficient. My summer electric bills are usually half as much, my AC unit consumes alot less energy.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Do what I did for my office( second bedroom of two in an apartment). Bought a small ceramic electric heater off of Amazon. Way more efficient than the ancient wire coil electric heater that is in each room. Now if I could get the landlord to replace the twenty five year old monster of an air conditioner, there is an energy hog.....

The problem that you run into is similar to driving on the freeway and someone using their windshield wiper fluid. If someone in the front of the train sneezes or coughs, you're going to travel directly through that space in a matter of seconds. Your face mask will need to be secure, but it can also get in your eyes.

A good crash helmet would remedy the spittle issue and protect from flying phones.

Got my new mask in the mail. Bringing the classic look back.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

TTD 120mph said:

Got my new mask in the mail. Bringing the classic look back.

You wear that and I guarantee social distancing will not be a problem.

I'll wear one if it's required. And I might wear one if it's not. I'd think that when the parks gear up for possible late June/July openings the social distancing rules will not be as strict and there's a chance the mask won't be quite as critical.

The masks that I have (not n95 or anything special) for grocery/pick up runs certainly wouldn't stay on while riding a coaster like Millennium or Dragster, maybe even any that goes 60 plus or is very forceful. I'm not necessarily against a mask advisement but I can't imagine them staying on while riding major rides.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Meanwhile, at a Family Dollar in Michigan...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.detroitnews.com/amp/3078939001

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

^Truly horrible. It simply blows my mind how much people can't stand the thought of simply wearing a face covering while going out in public. It's not exactly a torture device. That's so tragic for the guard and his family.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

My parents wore this type of stuff: https://www.thetrendspotter.net/70s-fashion-men/

I can manage a mask.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

Shop the look Chief. :)

^^Your parents wore that because they were fine with boogie woogie fever. We wear masks to help prevent ANY kind of fever.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Let's say there were a few guidelines that HAD to be followed to attend the park this year. Including:

-Having a reservation for the day due to limited capacity allowed in the park (resort guests prioritized).

-Required to fill out a questionnaire about experiencing possible COVID-19 symptoms and where you may have traveled in the last 14 days. In order to receive a reservation. (yes I know people can lie)

-Required to wear a facemask at all times while within the park and common areas of resorts.

-Required to have a temperature check everytime you enter the park, meaning you could be denied entry if you develop a fever midway through the day. (in this scenario you left for lunch and were trying to re-enter)

Are these reasonable? Would you consider attending the park under these conditions?

Personally, while I think they are reasonable, I would probably avoid CP and KI this season. Maybe only attend smaller parks like Waldameer.

I'd happily attend CP or KI with these restrictions. Making lemonade out of lemons - if I am only going to have a chance for one or two potential visits, the limited capacity could at least make it possible to have a fun day away from the stress of the world news and get some hardcore ride time in. That's what the parks are all about - an escape from reality. That's needed more than ever right now. If they can make it happen, I'll be there to support and have my own day(s) of escape!

[URL][IMG]my mask

[/URL]

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/c5F9KbsocNH_q83nl5-uquIbCWrgCm9yp...23-no?.jpg

Last edited by Dennis Urban,

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

WolfBobs said:

Are these reasonable? Would you consider attending the park under these conditions?

I certainly think these are reasonable, and honestly if the park does open in some form, I almost expect multiple of those to be a reality. The big key is that the park would need to be very clear about what to expect when guests arrive, so that no one is upset when they get turned away for failing to meet any of the entry criteria.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service