Virus Impact on CP

Kj, I didn't quote the President.

I was addressing Mav and XS.

What are you even talking about?

Cargo Shorts, the tunnel is exclusively for Marina people with 40ft + boats and Put In Bay people. Now the upcoming monorail will be for the yet to be announced Diamond Pass and yes Fast Lane SuperPlus will be accepted. (Provided you get past the body temperature scan.)

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

^^ I see happy hour started early today.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

How does everyone feel about the announcement that Florida and California made today (No mass-gatherings till a vaccine)? Do you think that'll hold water? What are other country's plans for reopening?

Last edited by Corporate Mouse,

No such announcement was made. Please don't report bull**** that didn't happen. In Florida, the surgeon general said that social distancing would likely need to be practiced until there's a vaccine. That's not the same thing.

What any of us feels doesn't matter. The science matters.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Jeff said:

No such announcement was made. Please don't report bull**** that didn't happen. In Florida, the surgeon general said that social distancing would likely need to be practiced until there's a vaccine. That's not the same thing.

What any of us feels doesn't matter. The science matters.

I totally agree the science matters, it's just that the situation has so many different qualified people and organizations contradicting each other (I'm not saying anyone intentionally wrong, there's just mass confusion and conflicting reports).

I'm just trying to gauge what policy's could possibly be lifted and what cannot in the upcoming weeks and what will be allowed to be open.

Have you ever heard the colloquialism “it’s not an exact science”?

It’s a saying for a reason. Science is often not definitive, not concrete. But Jeff, you always invoke science in nearly every response on here. Problem is, it’s your view of science (or the views you subscribe to)... there are other scientific opinions based on data, different theories and outcomes.

Continuing to conflate your world views with “science” does not mean they are necessarily accurate. I’m honest enough to admit when my own ideologies form, in part, the basis of my opinions and beliefs. I wish others could see that as well.

XS NightClub said:

^^ I see happy hour started early today.

Doesn't matter when, you will ignore them buddy. Cheers.

Nice try though.

Corporate Mouse, perhaps you should review your sources for such misinformation.

^^ Happy hour is running late tonight as well.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Cargo Shorts said:

Corporate Mouse, perhaps you should review your sources for such misinformation.

There's been a lot of controversy over WHO and lots of contradiction on policy's in place and what methods are effective in stopping the spread and treatment of the virus.

I am not stating any opinion or have any malicious intent. But It is quite reasonable to say there are a lot of inconsistency's from different reports and it's all very hard to say what's accurate and what isn't which will impact what is needed to open non-essential businesses, hopefully soon.

I'm just asking for civil discourse on discussion on the entertainment/tourism industry and the impacts Cedar Point/Cedar Fair will be facing. This is not a politically charged comment.

XS NightClub said:

^^ Happy hour is running late tonight as well.

Are the drinks cheaper this time of night?

If you feel it's not beneath you there's a wonderful post a week or so back you've ignored. But by all means keep calling me a drunk. You are right buddy :)

Corporate Mouse said:
I'm just asking for civil discourse on discussion on the entertainment/tourism industry and the impacts Cedar Point/Cedar Fair will be facing.

I wish this wasn’t true, but boy oh boy are you on the wrong forum if that’s what you’re searching for!

MaverickLaunch said:

Have you ever heard the colloquialism “it’s not an exact science”?

It’s a saying for a reason. Science is often not definitive, not concrete. But Jeff, you always invoke science in nearly every response on here. Problem is, it’s your view of science (or the views you subscribe to)... there are other scientific opinions based on data, different theories and outcomes.

And this is how they justify Creationism in a science textbook. And why Flat Earth is gaining popularity. You should look up the very definition of "theory" in a scientific setting.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

vwhoward said:

And this is how they justify Creationism in a science textbook. And why Flat Earth is gaining popularity. You should look up the very definition of "theory" in a scientific setting.

I’m not a flat earth guy but I am a Christian, so I suppose this is the point in the debate where you also inform me that my my choice of faith is incorrect?

Last edited by MaverickLaunch,

No, he's telling you that science is not a religion. What you and I believe is irrelevant, because science doesn't care. I don't have a "view" of science. That's not a thing. Science reaches conclusions based on observable fact. What you described is not science.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Corporate Mouse said:

How does everyone feel about the announcement that Florida and California made today (No mass-gatherings till a vaccine)? Do you think that'll hold water? What are other country's plans for reopening?

Florida's governor considers the WWE an "essential business". How can anything "hold water"? Hypocracy at its finest.

Jeff said:

No, he's telling you that science is not a religion. What you and I believe is irrelevant, because science doesn't care. I don't have a "view" of science. That's not a thing. Science reaches conclusions based on observable fact. What you described is not science.

I guess my point is that science is often wrong. Really wrong. Remember when science said covid was not transmissible person to person? Remember when science said the r-naught of covid was about 1.5-2.0?

There are endless failures of “science”, I think we can all agree on that. Using the term “science” in literally almost every response gets old.

^Science said there was no evidence of transmission, which was presumably true at some point in time. That's not the same thing as saying it's not transmissable.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

https://news.gallup.com/poll/308264/americans-remain-risk-averse-ge...ormal.aspx

Americans' Readiness to Return to Normal Activities

Once government restrictions on social contact are lifted and businesses and schools start to reopen, how quickly do you think you would return to your normal activities, including interacting with people in public?

Immediately
20%
Wait to see what happens with the coronavirus before resuming
71%
Continue to limit your contact with other people and daily activities indefinitely
10%

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service