Virus Impact on CP

CP and KI sites state payments will be paused. Canada’s Wonderland states payment plans will continue and I just received the payment processed confirmation email.

Perhaps it may have to do with something in either provincial law, or national?

Possibly. I am fine with it as the exchange rate keeps getting better so my payments are even lower.

https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/dashboards/forecast-model/

Here is the new forcecast model from the Ohio Department of health. The number of forecasted cases has dropped. Keep in mind, this is only for Ohio. From what I've been reading, Michigan and the Detroit area is a hotbed for the virus now and that is a good chunk of Cedar Points main market. And today again during Dewine's address, they said that the restart will be a slow one and it would likely start in the business sector first and still avoid large gatherings for some time.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I see salons opening back up first. For obvious reasons.

I successfully colored my wife's hair last weekend, and it looks pretty damn good. Which is to say a trained monkey can probably do a single color from retail. :)

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

The Flowbee was before it’s time.

I have never colored hair but it did take me about a week to learn how to put the wife’s hair in a pony before her shoulder surgery a couple of years ago. But don’t ask me to do it again. That info is gone.

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

Did PyroKinesis09 mean salons or saloons?

Pennsylvania just closed all schools for the remainder of this academic year. School districts in PA have until June 30 to get their 180 instructional days in, so I read this as meaning they don't believe it will be safe for students to return until after June 30. I'm not as sure what of guidelines Ohio schools have, but I could see them following suit soon.

The industry hasn't been able to even define what it looks like to open the parks safely absent of a vaccine or robust treatment.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

A salon in a saloon would be awesome.

Jeff I do not believe the education industry has been able to define it either.

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

Actually, there are salons that serve drinks, except in Nevada surprisingly. Their laws don't allow it.

Reading the disturbingly large number of ignorant comments on Twitter directed at DeWine in regards to opening up Ohio after May 1 leads me to believe that once again, our state has a lot of idiots who would rather see more people get sick and die then have their life interrupted just one more second past May 1.

The association for Ohio High School Athletics just released their plan to resume sports within a week of the order being lifted in May.....

It will take several weeks if not months to safely resume to normal operations anywhere. And for large scale venues like Cedar Point, I’d be optimistic for an August opening. Why? There’s too much work and maintenance that is so far behind that there would be zero way to be up and running any faster than 60 days after May 1. (If the order was lifted). Plus hiring, certification, and additional prep is another 30 days. And that’s IF we figured out how to safely convene together thousands of people in one place.

So again, sure he could lift the order in phases on May 1. But don’t expect to be attending sporting events or riding roller coasters for a few months after.

AndyG said:

Pennsylvania just closed all schools for the remainder of this academic year. I'm not as sure what of guidelines Ohio schools have, but I could see them following suit soon.

I’m guessing Ohio will make their announcement during the last week of this month.

Facilites got shut down just before the start of the incline of the curve . I would think places will remain closed until we’re completely leveled off from the backside of the slope, and far enough away from it.

I know how this is going to play out... states will get overly anxious, lift restrictions, and the infection rates will spike and we'll revert to staying in. I can almost guarantee it.

I can't see DeWine and co. lifting restrictions, even if there's alot of pressure from the outside. They keep stressing the importance of the measures that are in place.

But I see Ohio parks opening before Florida parks due to Ohio's parks drawing more of a local crowd as opposed to FL parks drawing national and global crowds.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Universal announced they are staying closed through at least May 31. Based on recent public comments by Governor Newsom of California, the CA parks may not operate again this year.

Last edited by James Parker jr,

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

About 100 people showed up at the statehouse today to protest the stay at home order. One of my friends accurately and succinctly tweeted out a proper reaction.

https://twitter.com/mikepolkjr/status/1248325825151279104?s=09

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Jeff, you have hit on one of my concerns. How to we prevent a second peak once we start lifting restrictions, even if we are careful about it?

I don't think anyone has a good answer for that.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service