Virus Impact on CP

Great minds, I just posted this little gif over on C-Buzz.

You know, that other Buzz site full of great discussion about myriad topics.

It's actually these threads and discussions that include some of the most memorable and meaningful discussions.

Promoter of fog.

Ok thanks for straightening me out. I don’t think I needed an ALL CAPS response though. Don’t you know you Internet etiquette? I’m a very reasonable guy.

Well. And here’s another thing. Anything that is known for sure about the upcoming season (which is nothing) and anything that is conjecture (which is everything) has been covered and pretty much right away. Couple of times. Wait- will there be refunds? Covered. Will the park find foreigners to work? Covered. If they do open, should we even risk going? Covered. Will this delay the building of the toll booths and the new bridge? Who gives a crap?

Sorry. Since the beginning of this outbreak it’s been of utmost importance that we stay educated and informed. I’m glad there’s a lot of that going on here, yet I’m dismayed at the number of deniers that still exist. So much of what we know and what we should do about this is coming from our government. And if that doesn’t inevitably lead to a political discussion I don’t know what will. I don’t care if it gets heated, either. It shows people care about something besides the parking lot.

Agreed RCMAC. But when it breaks down to Asshats and Libertards, the meaningful discussion fizzles out

Master D

What are you confused about? Signs have been posted, warnings even. This thread will cause you to feel bad. Yet you come on back.

Jeff mocked you. Because he's pretty certain articulating a point would be a waste of time. I've never met the guy or spoken to him, but I would bet a solid 10 bucks that's why you got the response you did.

Last edited by Çp4€và04,

Jeff said:

O NOES!!!1!! A FORUM THREAD ON THE INTERNET IS NOT GOING THE WAY THAT I WANT IT TO GO AND I CAN'T STOP READING IT OR CONTRIBUTE TO ANY OTHER 29 THOUSAND THREADS!!!1!

My god, what are you twelve years old? Grow up. Why don't you just sit back and let the scientists and doctors handle this... You run an online forum... they know much more than you. Thank you!

....and at the same time, leave your insane political opinions off of the page. This is a Cedar Point forum. You must have forgotten.

Last edited by CPboy77,

Or... he can do what he wants.

djDaemon said:

Even in the best PPE you will not have eliminated your risk of exposure, only reduced the risk. So the 14-day clock resets regardless.

I am going to have to *respectfully* disagree.

As long as I write the checks and the software, you know? All caps LOLCAT speak seems like the appropriate response for people who keep coming back to the same thread over and over again to complain it isn't what they want.

I'll say the same thing I did on CB. There are mathematically two outcomes to the response of this pandemic, and little to no odds that it's something in between. So far, everything I learned about 12 days ago, from the scientists that were being ignored, has come to fruition.

China is now in recovery and still enforcing limitations on gathering and contact. And please drop the conspiracy theories, because not even the Great Firewall can protect the reality. On the other hand, Italy was late taking it seriously, and in a few days, their case count will exceed China despite having only 4% if the population. Their fatality count is already greater, too, because their healthcare system is overwhelmed and in collapse.

These are objective, observable truths. You can't change them with optimism or President Spraytan's wishful thinking. New York is in real trouble. The US case count is growing exponentially. Asshats hanging out on Clearwater Beach have taken the disease home to their communities.

Be angry if you want. Denial won't change the outcome, but action will.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

And if we end up having virtually the exact same mortality rate as South Korea, like we have now, then what? Everyone that thinks this is a complete failure on a federal level rethinks their position on the response?

If the US rate is closer to or exceeds Italy? The people that think this was overkill for a response they rethink their position?

BTW... Canada is in virtually the same position as the US, albeit population proportionate. Can’t see how that’s the fault of anyone in the government of the United States.

It is not the people that are having an actual discussion about the affect this will have on the park or the country.
It is the facebook quality of the thread shining through when people can’t contain their vitriol and let their opinions and hatred color their “debate” that makes this thread distasteful.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

The mortality rate is moved most by the ability of the healthcare system to cope. If you overwhelm it, the rate will be higher. That's why it's closing in on 10% in Italy.

I can give no ****s about what positions people have, because the math doesn't give any either. Isolation measures impact infection rates and ultimately fatality rates. That is an observable fact. Do nothing, more people get sick. Isolate as much as possible, less people get sick.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Kevinj said:

Great minds, I just posted this little gif over on C-Buzz.

You know, that other Buzz site full of great discussion about myriad topics.

It's actually these threads and discussions that include some of the most memorable and meaningful discussions.

You know I keep forgetting about CBuzz for some reason. Popped over there and wow, just wow a whole 17 pages or so a similar thread I have been missing out on. It is like discovering a whole season of a Netflix show you didn’t know was released. Time to Binge!

Who can honestly say they would be shocked if Trump paraphrased this little bit from 2009?

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

Yeah, cause the ACA worked out just like the left told us it would.

In what way has it failed?

Well there you have it folks. Start your engines, buckle in and everyone back to work by Easter. Thank god this is almost over.

Should we make an announcement in the Employee Lounge and let them know the good news?

XS, quick question.

Where in my posts especially the first few on this thread were of Facebook quality? Or tainted by political bias? What facts in those posts would you dispute or offer another opinion? Far as I can tell not one person has quoted me or articulated a different view point at what I've laid out.

I've intentionally not been as abrasive as Jeff specifically to see if anyone would actually engage in a conversation with me. Yet all the complaining is aimed at lack of civility and name calling, my post especially the first few didn't even hint at an attack at anyone on here. Hell I've even complimented Mav Launch multiple times. I've been harsh on folks that complain and offer nothing to the conversation. Why bother just don't read.

I tend to respect you, we're apart of a very important Bathroom Committee. So this is why I'm asking. Or is it that you aren't aiming those complaints at me? What worries me is that you and many others simply disagree and that's okay. But instead of just not posting you post and complain that it's partisan, name calling and childish. Essentially offering an opinion that has little to do with the subject at hand.

This is where we all lose.

But here's the fun part. Had I made my posts slightly different and thew a name our two out there, oh you bet I would get a response. So if you want to have an intelligent conversation why not engage with those who have tried? If you don't then I still cannot understand why yer even here. And let me be clear I TOTALLY understand not wanting to be anywhere near this thread. It's an uncomfortable topic and if it makes you feel worse about the world than just stay away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not that anyone could give a damn if I got hit by a bus tomorrow, but I'm pretty close to just going back and logging on here and there. Nothing to talk about with CP (It's an expanded offseason) and this thread is now an exercise in explaining to people they don't have to click on the goddamn link. It would almost feel reasonable if this site actually had intense and respectful debate. Most of the time it's people poking fun and firing off at people that they need to be made "Whole". As if that didn't get old the first 100 times it was used. It can be a harsh and fun place to visit. I'm grateful for it.

But now OH NO this thread is beneath Pointbuzz's standards. Get a grip.

Discouraging news out of NYC. I have a friend who lives in Manhattan and is a prominent attorney, point being, he knows a lot of people. He estimated that 50% of all the people he knows have fled the city in the past week. For obvious reasons.

With an estimated infection rate of 1 person per thousand, that's a whole lot of virus going off to different places around the country to start new hot spots.

Anecdotal, yes, but still disturbing.

Seen several articles of the New England 2nd home seaside towns screaming about this. I think some are at least attempting to lock down to prevent the influx. Kind of hard to deny property owners access to their houses. Tough legal and moral decisions. They love their money in the good times.

See also FL 14 day quarantine on all N.Y./NJ flights. What about the ground travel? They can afford a driver.

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

What’s this about FL quarantining NY/NJ flights? Is that just NYC or all of NY?

ROUNDABOUND.

That will do nothing. There's more places than NY and NJ where the virus can be brought in from. Or they could drive in.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service