Virus Impact on CP

Their stock has plummeted. I'm sure they'll be able to recover. We just don't know how the economic aftermath of all this will be. Hopefully it's just a short loss and everything will be able to bounce back.

Even when they do open back up, will there still be fear and people afraid to go to crowded places? It'll be great for those who like short lines. But I can also see people wanting to get back out after everything being shut down a while, therefore super crowded. So it could go either way.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

vwhoward said:

So what is your defense of this president that uses name calling as a basic form of communication? Either you like him or tune him out? Maybe you like because you've tuned him out.

That's not a defense of childish behavior. I hate that Trump does it. And I hate when you all do it, too. Because someone else does it does not make it right.

Walt said:

Trump is not trying to uphold naming convention by calling it the China virus. It already had a name from scientists that was in wide use. He’s trying to place blame and he’s playing political games. Where it came from isn’t relevant. He needs to spend less time looking for a scapegoat and more time being a leader.

I don't always like his name calling, but I respectfully disagree (that IS still a thing, right?). It bears repeating that this ENTIRE crisis only exists because of China's lies and cover-up, and refusal to be honest about what was happening.

If someone punched me in the face and it made my ugly nose even uglier, I would mention the guy who did it every time someone said "damn, what happened to your face?"

CPfan1976 said:

FACTS.... Ohio 5 confirmed cases, March 13th. A week later March 20th ....170 confirmed cases. A rise of 3400% in one week. That is mind-boggling. All the while being left up to the governor of our State to make decisions that have some common sense.. I can't even imagine the numbers here if the schools, businesses, etc. WEREN'T closed!?!

Yes it's a huge increase in CONFIRMED cases. But there were more than five cases on March 13th. It's obviously a testing issue. Looking at percentages doesn't really tell the story.

I know, I know. It's President Asshat's fault.

Çp4€và04 said:

blessed day

Please, please, please do not use that phrase until way past this is all over. I beg you. Have mercy!

Let me explain:

My wife and I were way behind the Handmaids Tale ball and were about half way through season 2 when this all started blowing up. We had to stop, it was difficult enough to watch before but with a few minor rewrites the dystopian future portrayed in that show was just to close to the dystopian reality we are facing down right now.

Anyone that has seen it knows exactly what I am talking about. If you haven’t and are looking for something to binge only pick it up if you have a stomach of steel and have no desire to sleep.

Thank you for your kind attention to my mental health.

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

MaverickLaunch: Your talking points come right off of Fox News. You gave up thinking for yourself. I would think most people would have turned on the draft dodger when he was belittling veteran McCain, or mocking the disabled, or talking about grabbing women by the pussy, but if those are acceptable for a person in any leadership position, I don't expect such admirers to be rational.

So if you look at Cedar Fair, a non-opening season means that they need to service their debt, pay taxes and ideally pay their full-time staff (which has always struck me as minimal compared to other businesses, seasonal or otherwise). The company has a ton of tangible assets in real estate and equipment, but I don't know how much of that is leveraged against current debt.

This is, by the way, why I hate EBITDA as a measurement of company health, because not considering the "ITDA" is leaving out pretty important context.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

MaverickLaunch said:

He shut the border to travel from China, a bold move. Not sure a liberal would have done that.

You know he didn't really do that, right? And what he did do, was also done by a lot of other people, so it was hardly a "bold move." Read this, you might find it helpful:

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/the-facts-on-trumps-travel-restrictions/

Jeff said:

MaverickLaunch: Your talking points come right off of Fox News. You gave up thinking for yourself. t.

I really don't like Fox News, I barely watch it. Well, I watch it in the same proportions that I watch other networks. Lots of bad programming on there, as there is on CNN and other "news" stations to include NBC, ABC, etc.I don't know know what language you are referring to specifically, but I reject the idea that I'm not thinking for myself.

MaverickLaunch, I have a total softball question for you.

What do you say to the Americans that a scared, nearly 200 dead, 14k who are sick, millions as you can see who are scared right now, what do you say to the Americans that are reading right now that are scared?

Do you have a wife? A child? Looking for hope, some comfort, what do you say to them?

...but her emails

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

LOL who says things like "a liberal wouldn't" and thinks for themselves? Critical thinkers do not attempt to label everyone.

Still waiting on that list of lies from the NYT.

The WHO has said several times that closing borders is ineffective. It's better to not restrict travel but adequately screen people and be sure that they get care or quarantine as necessary.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

RCMAC said:
The

K bye.

Now, come to find out, Republican senators left a briefing on the epidemic and immediately adjusted their stock portfolios saving themselves millions. They were given plenty of time, too, while the rest of us were assured the whole thing was just a hoax and told not to panic or even worry.
Despicable.

it was reported to be both republican and a democrat senator but regardless the party, I agree it’s despicable IF TRUE.

It should be investigated, and they should be presumed innocent until proven otherwise.

Kevinj said:

I expect better. You should too. That said, if you contract the Covid-19, I hope praying it away helps you.

I think the REAL question is, if this is a real photo, WHO was behind and close enough to the president, in the right position, with the knowledge that this edit was made, to intentionally record his private notes, and circulate it to the public. THAT seems a bit less than proper to me. I mean, look at that photo. They knew exactly where the edit was going to be on that page, and when to get the best picture of it.

This isn't the first time someone has caught a closeup of his speech from a similar position. Photographers move around during these speeches, they all aren't locked in to the front like the broadcast cameras. The White House allows it to happen and after other pictures of his speeches, I'm surprised they still allow it. I also doubt anyone had access ahead of time to what his speech might be edited to say either.

Silly me the real issue right now is who took the photo. And naturally if it's real because everything is a damn conspiracy now.

Those two essays I've written about all the issues with response and blatant lying to the American public for TWO months? Irrelevant. The REAL issue is this photo and the unfairness of telling the truth about our beloved President. Because after all the poor guy is just a victim in all this.

Welp that's my one post for the day. As always have a safe and nice day to all of you! (Changed it for ya Cargo) :)

MaverickLaunch said:

vwhoward said:

So what is your defense of this president that uses name calling as a basic form of communication? Either you like him or tune him out? Maybe you like because you've tuned him out.

That's not a defense of childish behavior. I hate that Trump does it. And I hate when you all do it, too. Because someone else does it does not make it right.

None of us are the leader of the free world. Figure it out!

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Yesterday I said:

FACTS.... Ohio 5 confirmed cases, March 13th. A week later March 20th ....170 confirmed cases. A rise of 3400% in one week. That is mind-boggling. All the while being left up to the governor of our State to make decisions that have some common sense.. I can't even imagine the numbers here if the schools, businesses, etc. WEREN'T closed!?!

Now today.... 247 total confirmed cases in Ohio (a 4900% jump from 8 days ago and 77 from yesterday). New York 10,350 cases (up 3100 from yesterday and about 45% of the total known USA cases!), and U.S. as a whole - 22,850 cases now (up 4,850 from yesterday). Yep, nothing to worry about here. SMH. There fixed that for ya.

Last edited by CPfan1976,

They just need to limit how many people can go into walmart and other stores at once. Alot of non-essential stores are closing completely for a few weeks. Stores should just push their online pickup options to reduce crowds in the stores. I still expect cases to rise for at least the next week, but then the percentage of new cases should start to drop with all these closures.

Brian

Since I’m watching a lot of tv these days (as usual) I’ve noticed restaurants have suddenly altered their ads. Bob Evans is pick up and go. Burger King is advertising “no contact” order and pick up. Red Lobster, however, is still saying “Head on in for Lobster Fest!”

If I make it through, I’m looking forward to the day when I can look back on all of this. Probably with a chuckle and a tear or two. The throwback and “memories” posts should be enough to keep FB in business alone.

Stay safe and be smart, everyone.

They could head on it and carry it out. Or have it delivered with delivery apps. For now, I'm trying to stay out of crowded places. This is where I think stores should limit how many people can go on it at once. I heard some stores are doing this already, like some Costco's. Walmart needs to. I'm starting to think I may just be better off getting carryout meals when my fridge starts getting depleted so I don't have to be in the crowds at the stores. I'm out delivering Doordash orders in all of this and there's very little contact or risk of exposure compared to going to crowded stores. I'm independent contractor and not employee so they're not making me go out there. I'm choosing to so I can have money to pay bills. If I find it in my best interest to stay home at some point, I will. Some of my customers request I do this to limit exposure:

Brian

Probably just a local problem with my internet but has been really slow today. Read in Europe they asked Netflix to lower quality to SD because all the increased traffic with everyone at home. We could start seeing that here as well, plus many of us have dumped cable for streaming services.

Want to really see the s**t hit the fan? Internet goes down for more than a few minutes and my kids are bouncing off the walls. Then the cell towers get overloaded from everyone switching over. If you see a cable guy out there give them thumbs up, we need them to keep us connected. Really goes for any utility workers as well.

The wife is in the "essential" category so we are safe for now, but was talking last night to a friend of 20 years that was just sobbing. She has 26 full time employees in her event business is just two events per year in Napa, she was able to just able to pull it off with the fires in October and now this. She is going to have to let them all go.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service