Virus Impact on CP

If I used "Jeff's" logic, then Cedar Point is racist.

I remember someone stating in a local newspaper about 2 weeks ago that Cedar Point was not going to recruit people from China this year.

HMMMMM!

Here is the exact quote from the newspaper...…..

“We typically welcome international students to become associates at Cedar Point during the key operation season,” Clark said. “We expect that this will continue in 2020; at this time, students from China will not be joining us.”

HMMMMM!

We can't have Chinese People work at Cedar Point because they have the Coronavirus AKA the Wuhan China Virus and the Chinese people may bring it to Cedar Point.

The statement that this Clark person made is racist by "Jeff's" standards.

Personally, I don't think the statement is racist, I don't think Tony Clark is racist, and I don't think Cedar Point is racist. Actually it is an excellent business decision by Cedar Fair not to recruit rom China for 2020 due to all of this.

But by "Jeff's" logic if the president of the United States is saying the China virus, then the statement made in the Sandusky Register also has to be construed as racist.

It's called deductive logic!

Last edited by Just Coasting,

Just Coasting said:

If I used "Jeff's" logic, then Cedar Point is racist.

I remember someone stating in a local newspaper about 2 weeks ago that Cedar Point was not going to recruit people from China this year.

HMMMMM!

Here is the exact quote from the newspaper...…..

“We typically welcome international students to become associates at Cedar Point during the key operation season,” Clark said. “We expect that this will continue in 2020; at this time, students from China will not be joining us.”

HMMMMM!

We can't have Chinese People work at Cedar Point because they have the Coronavirus AKA the Wuhan China Virus and the Chinese people may bring it to Cedar Point.

The statement that this Clark person made is racist by "Jeff's" standards.

Personally, I don't think the statement is racist, I don't think Tony Clark is racist, and I don't think Cedar Point is racist. Actually it is an excellent business decision by Cedar Fair not to recruit rom China for 2020 due to all of this.

But by "Jeff's" logic if the president of the United States is saying the China virus, then the statement made in the Sandusky Register also has to be construed as racist.

It's called deductive logic!

Mean now considering the state of The United States with the virus, we'll probably be worse off than china and there's no point to that policy as it was back during the containment effort which is not possible anymore...

I expect better. You should too. That said, if you contract the Covid-19, I hope praying it away helps you.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Just like others stated "Norovirus", "Ebola"

The president of the United States is using standardized practice by calling the virus from which it came from as it has been done in the past.

President Obama said the word "Ebola", so he must be racist too.

Your not going to win that argument that any of those statements are racist, you are just showing ineptitude.

Kevinj said:

I expect better. You should too. That said, if you contract the Covid-19, I hope praying it away helps you.

So now we’ve resorted to mocking religion? Shameful.

Just Coasting said:

Just like others stated "Norovirus", "Ebola"

The president of the United States is using standardized practice by calling the virus from which it came from as it has been done in the past.

President Obama said the word "Ebola", so he must be racist too.

Your not going to win that argument that any of those statements are racist, you are just showing ineptitude.

*You're.

But beyond that, people (including the President) refer to these types of things by what they are. "Ebola" is the one term everyone uses for it. "Norovirus" is a very popular term for what it is. Everyone has adopted the name "Coronavirus" or "Covid-19" for this particular issue. That's what is being used everyone and that's what is comparable to your examples. This one guy has chosen to change it to "Chinese Virus" or whatever he has been using, not everyone else from everywhere else. Him. That's why it's different.

That wasn't mocking a religion, it was a mockery of Trump, who in his divine wisdom shared....

"It's going to disappear. One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear..."

That said, he knows how to play to his audience.

The point is, he knows better. He knows this is going to do two things: 1) fire up those who call him out for being racist, and 2) fire up his base who don't give a @#$# if he's racist.

The photo above is not doctored, that's his speech. And he says this knowing full well that in our country, Asian Americans are facing a rise in Xenophobia, and when faced with a choice between taking a high road or a low road, he opts for the lower, because that's exactly what his base loves.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Can we just go back to having discussions about being made whole again, how to install wheels, if getting hit with a phone is the same as being hit with a cinder block, flying drones, why Intamin is a bad company, if something can't be done because of the heartline, etc.?

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

So this is nowhere on topic, but I was driving home from work today Republica "Ready To Go" came on the radio.

Man I miss TTD.

This is going to be the longest off season ever.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

I would much rather be having this debate/argument/discussion over beers at the Trail Tavern.

I think it's right on topic, since this whole thread is about the impact on CP.

It sucks.

Promoter of fog.

Thank you, government of China!

MaverickLaunch said:
Name a politician in recent memory who has not lied. And I don't mean white lies, I mean big, policy lies.

The everyone is doing it defense! Yes! My 10-year-old uses that one. Seriously, look at any fact checking site, anywhere. The objective reality is that Trump is a compulsive liar, more than any president in my lifetime. It's not even close.

You still haven't listed the lies from the New York Times.

Thabto said:

If you don't want those checks the administration will be sending out, send them to me and I'll be happy to dispose of them for you.

The administration isn't sending out anything, because Congress controls the purse, not the president.

This is not a partisan thing. I can happily agree that Bush's response to 9/11 was rapid, appropriate and effective. Obama's response to the recession was also appropriate, and a continuation of the prior administration. None of this response has been OK. President Asshat was saying it would just go away by April. That's not my opinion, he said it. Mark my words... we will have more cases than China, even though they have almost five times the population. We'll finally be #1 at something.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

The New York Times is a joke, as is WaPo. Now I’m sure you think that I think that just because DJT says so, but I formed those opinions on my own long ago. Hell; they’ve had to retract, and apologize for, stories innumerate most recently due to the impeachment. I don’t have time to list them all here. Well actually, I do. But just don’t have the interest in debating with anyone who clearly is not open to other opinions. You’ve already decided, and that’s fine, along with many other users on this site.

As for the presidential lies, I was not using the defense you referred to with your child. I was merely pointing out the fact that all politicians lie. A lot. Saying that this president lies “more than others” is a bit like the 10 year old child defense you referenced

Out of curiosity Maverick Launch could you tell us what your trusted news sources are?

I know that you want me to say Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, etc but I will not.

It is readily apparent to me when a “journalist” or news organization has an agenda and when I see that, they lose all credibility.

CNN, MSNBC, and the aforementioned papers have made it pretty clear with their “reporting” the past few years that their mission is to take dow the president.

Fox on the other hand is doing all they can to defend him which is also obvious. And as much as I don’t like Hannity who is a deep state blowhard, at least he is honest about the fact he does not call himself a journalist, but rather a political commentator. You won’t hear words like that from Jake Tapper, Don Lemon, or any of the other liberal talking heads.

When you have a political agenda and masquerade as real journalists trying to “report” on news, that’s where I have the issue. I have no issue with opinions or commentary, just label them as such. Because God knows the American public is not smart enough to know the difference.

I don’t want you to say anything. But you evaded the question. You must read, listen or watch something. None of us can travel the world 24/7 gathering facts and conducting interviews. We have coasters to ride after all.

For instance one of my favorites magazines is The Economist. Although they call themselves a “Liberal Newspaper”, it is not liberal in the American sense but more the classical. Plus I like all the British spellings.

I listen to, read, and watch more things than I care to list. But before the virus was a thing, and I was forced to watch *something* during my 45 mins on the stairs or elliptical at the gym, I would watch the side-by-side screens of CNN and Fox News. Most recently during impeachment. I don’t subscribe to either side, but rather found it very educational to watch the differences between the two. So to not evade your question, I read both liberal and conservative media. To read only one or the other, as most do, is ignorant. It is not until you understand both sides that you can really form an opinion of your own and not based on, what did Jeff call it, sports rivalry tribalism?

Well I still believe you are evading the question. You can type paragraph after paragraph here but can’t be bothered list 4 or 5 news sources that you believe to be trustworthy or who’s mission is to neither take down the president nor promote his agenda?

I just don’t find that position credible.

Because there isn’t an answer. I think you have to read them all in aggregate and form your own opinion. When you do, the bias becomes self evident.

I could list several left, center, and right news sources but you can google those for yourself.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service