Virus Impact on CP

On a lighter note, Floridians now know what it's like to have an "off-season".

Actually no. This came from a woman whose husband works in local law enforcement. Not sure what the DC stuff is you’re referring to....

Trump just told the Governors they are all on their own to obtain more respirators. Great, just great now we have 50 governors all stabbing each other in the back, outbidding each other and forced to offer bribes to obtain respirators for their citizens in the middle of a national emergency. This is going to end well. It is a diabolical strategy worthy of a Bond Villain.

Who is the Mar-a-Lago member that owns the medical manufacturing company?

I listen to NPR a lot and there was an interview with someone that said different manufacturers who are experiencing a slow down are trying to figure out a way to make respirators. They’ve got the people who need jobs, now they need the equipment.
There’s also a government stockpile in secret locations sprinkled around the country. They are about the size of two super WalMarts hooked together and twice as tall. Reportedly, they have about 4,000 respirators, but they are already about out of masks. I wonder who will snag those? Guess: nobody in my neighborhood.

Sad that people's lives may (OK, prob will) come down to the bottom line of cash and being influenced by those in 'power'

May not seem like such a big deal....until it's Your mother/ father/ grandma/ grandpa.

Like it or not, We ARE all in this together, I think we all just need to learn to be as careful as we can, and (in the words of Woody) Play Nice.

If we had, from the beginning, did exactly what South Korea did, we probably wouldn't have to close up shop for 8 weeks or so.

Listening to this afternoon's update, for the first time, I honestly wonder if seasonal parks will even have a 2020 season...

Trump and his doctor team just said that this virus may last till july or august.

Today: Hell froze over and pigs can now fly.

Thankfully the President gathered 15 of his colleagues to advise us not to gather in groups of more than 10. #facepalm

Brandon

Our Big Tulip Time Festival Up Here In Holland Michigan For The First Week In May Just Got Cancelled,Because Of The VirusThat A Really Big Deal Over 2 Million People Come Here To our Town,

brieeee said:

Our Big Tulip Time Festival Up Here In Holland Michigan For The First Week In May Just Got Cancelled,Because Of The VirusThat A Really Big Deal Over 2 Million People Come Here To our Town,

I live in the Grand Rapids area. Not surprised. Who knows when this will all end...

April 4th ACT postponed until June 13th. May 2nd SAT cancelled outright.

We really needed that ACT. 😩

At this point I think the entire season is in serious question.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Oh no, not the tulip festival!

goldpass prorate if not open on time

WDW is just pushing out your expiration by how ever many days they're closed. It's definitely simpler when you aren't seasonal.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

My only hope is that I wake up alive after all this. With an unused Platinum Pass burning a hole in my pocket, if necessary.

Just curious, did they layoff the people prepping/maintaining the park yet?

It’s probably nothing, but today is the first day the park did not tweet a countdown photo. It’s probably nothing like I said. Or it might (might) mean they know a delay is coming.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service