Virus Impact on CP

Feels like anyone hoping for a semi-resumption of activities in April is super optimistic. I'm going with May, thus thinking Cedar Point will indeed open on time. Even that might be too optimistic. I just don't see how this ends before a vaccine in 2021.

Fox News stating that human testing for the vaccine (being developed in Germany) won't begin until late June/ early July. Also Ohio Gov. DeWine just ordered all restaurants/ bars to be shut down here indefinitely (starting at 9pm Sunday night), a few hours ago in his speech. The exceptions being take out and drive through only. I see a lot of bartenders, waitresses, etc being affected by this.

Competent Leadership. See photo of O’Hare above for evidence.

I'm hardly a DeWine fan. But he is a pro right now and I am glad he has the balls to do what he needs to do.

Staying home and dealing with the inconvenience and cabin fever now means we have a slight chance of enjoying Cedar Point Opening Day as scheduled, but a decent chance of enjoying it within the month of May or June.

Cartwright said:

I'm hardly a DeWine fan. But he is a pro right now and I am glad he has the balls to do what he needs to do.

Staying home and dealing with the inconvenience and cabin fever now means we have a slight chance of enjoying Cedar Point Opening Day as scheduled, but a decent chance of enjoying it within the month of May or June.

I think that you're correct.

The Red Chinese dealt with it via quarantine and we are doing the same.

The issue is that Trump is being his usual self, and each state is handling things differently. Right now DeWine can do everything right and contain this, but folks from other states can still do what they want and then come to Ohio. Not that I’m saying travel needs to be restricted from state to state, but we need to get what DeWine is doing to happen on a federal level if we want to come out of this with a chance at normalcy sooner rather than later.

DeWine should absolutely close Ohio's borders if the national response doesn't get better.

I'm just hoping with restaurants closed to dine-in that I'll be getting alot of Doordash orders. Delivery is still allowed and customers can choose no-contact delivery. I'm yet to get a customer request to do that. But I was pretty busy today and there was hardly any traffic so that made doing Doordash orders great. But I also fear that people won't want to order delivery due to uncertainty of restaurant staff and driver's possibility to exposure but ordering delivery has much less exposure as opposed to going out. I also heard today that they are recommending that all large activities not happen for the next 8 weeks. So that can put CP and KI opening on time in jeopardy.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I still don’t know what tomorrow will bring, let alone the next 8 weeks. That said, I’d be shocked if Kings Island opened on time and surprised if Cedar Point did.

Cartwright said:

I still don’t know what tomorrow will bring, let alone the next 8 weeks. That said, I’d be shocked if Kings Island opened on time and surprised if Cedar Point did.

How is Cedar Point going to get the staff it needs (A lot of them overseas) even if it opens a month later than planned. They're even talking about banning domestic travel.

Logistics nightmare.

Last edited by Corporate Mouse,

Stock futures limit down several hours ago already. Expect another bad day in the markets.

Brian, have no fear if you want to be extremely busy, you will be. Delivery is going to be huge. Of Everything.

How will CP get staff? There are going to be a lot of lost jobs, more than I care to think about. Sure the Feds will help some but the only ones that will Be Made Whole Again are the influential and politically connected, not the little guy. Expect the hospitality industry at the top of the list, at least that might help CF some.

MaverickLaunch said:

Jeff said:

There's no federal leadership going on, and it's up to the states.

This is just hyperbole. And entirely false. At least frame it as an opinion rather than fact.

Right, it's not an accurate statement. For the first month or more, our leader(s) at the federal level were doing stuff... like telling us this was all going to blow over quickly and miraculously disappear in April. As recently as March 6th. Nothing of substance happened until the stock market started to tank, with enough damage done already such that this will be something we'll deal with for months instead of perhaps weeks had we acted sooner.

So yeah, the federal government's response has been a colossal failure, and not because "LAWL gub'ments are bad at stuff", but because this administration is uniquely incompetent to a frankly cartoonish extreme even I would not believe if I weren't witnessing it myself.

We can all disagree, debate, and have our own opinions on economic policy or whatever. But now more than ever we are not entitled to our own facts. This situation we find ourselves in should be a wake up call that elections have consequences.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

PyroKinesis09 said “

I read that Seattle has started human trials on a vaccine...

https://mynorthwest.com/1769105/coronavirus-vaccine-trial-starts-seattle/amp/

ROUNDABOUND.

MaverickLaunch said:

Jeff said:

There's no federal leadership going on, and it's up to the states.

This is just hyperbole. And entirely false. At least frame it as an opinion rather than fact.

As if. I have friends working in DOJ, State and DHS, they all want to quit because no one is managing anything. The chief of staff, DHS and director of national intelligence are all acting and unconfirmed. There was no monitoring of testing or ability to test.

Most states, by comparison, have moved quickly and actively with little to no federal guidance.

I agree with Brandon entirely... this whole affair will require that we take a hard look at how we do literally everything, with the humility that we have a lot to do to improve.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Don't forget, our POTUS has asked for a national day of prayer! Federal government working hard to save lives there!

As of last night my mother and father in law still believe this is all a hoax. In their 70s both cancer survivors with respiratory issues from the treatments, one was lung cancer. My wife cannot change their minds. She saw them 2 weeks ago and when Florida Man came on the TV she said they changed and were in like trance as they watched him speak, almost like high.

The problem is he is still not really behind all this and will only talk about how great things are going, and what a great historical job he is doing, the best ever, leaving the dirty work to his subordinates. But his followers won't listen to the experts or media. It is all fake news and a hoax and will remain so unless he does a 180 and leads them to sanity.

Some in this crowd are encouraging open revolt against these measures. Remember Sheriff David Clarke with all the fake medals? Go look up his tweets yesterday, he has almost a million followers. That is only one.

These people have been itching for a showdown with the fake news "enemy of the people" and the Deep State and I am afraid they found it.

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

And those subordinates are chosen not based on their competence nor expertise, but wholly on their loyalty to Dear Leader.

Brandon

There are unsubstantiated rumors about martial law being imposed in Ohio sometime this week: supposedly local law enforcement is meeting to prepare for it in several counties.

But then again, the inaccurate “Marshall” law is also a trending topic on Twitter.

I would not be surprised in the least to see an advancement of the lockdown we are already seeing here in Ohio. I’m all for whatever will help stop this virus from worsening.

Let me guess... those rumors begin with something along the lines of "military friends up in DC"? If so, it's nonsense. I've heard the same rumor from different people, each strangely with "friends in DC".

Brandon

Let me guess, the SFA Lemon Chill Guy.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service