Dark ride?

I used to have a decent opinion of millenials, but this thread, and Mr. John J. Lewis is making me rethink that.

SkyDiver - Just have some avacado toast and it’ll be alright :-D

As for Mr. John Lewis - I’m proposing we all just act like he isn’t here. It’ll drive him nuts because he isn’t getting attention.

So it's okay to poke at young people for being dumb millennials, but can't saying anything about other generations?? Tell me how that is fair or makes sense...yo

Last edited by MrJohnJLewis,

MrJohnJLewis said:

Maybe being elderly doesn't allow you to read correctly, but they I've said they don't need to do anything at the moment. But when they do decide to put a coaster in, I am simply suggesting that they put in one that stands the test of time. The rideership on Gatekeeper and Valravn is higher because B&M does a great job of making their coaster efficient. What I am talking about is popularity. Not many adults would say either of those rides is their favorite coaster ever. Where many people LOVE Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, and Maverick.

Its Iike you're to old to understand. Have you guys considered a senior living facility??

And youth turns you into Leghorn Foghorn?

MrJohnJLewis said:

So it's okay to poke at young people for being dumb millennials, but can't saying anything about other generations?? Tell me how that is fair or makes sense...yo

I hate to break this to you, but life isn't fair.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

Skydiver said:

I used to have a decent opinion of millenials, but this thread, and Mr. John J. Lewis is making me rethink that.

To be fair, he may be outside of millennials and be in the generation below lol

There's a real difference between challenging someone in an argument and engaging in an "-ism." No one is suggesting you wear diapers.

Be nice to people on the Internets and respect your elders if you want respect, especially if you're going to use your real name.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I started this post challenging people, and then people decided to use my age to more or less say my opinion is irrelevant.

Am I supposed to use a fake name?? I'm not hiding anything. Give respect to earn respect. And when someone uses my age against me then it seems reasonable to do the same in return. And being born in 91, I think technically I am a millennial/generation Y.

Shades said:

e x i t english said:

Ah, yes. The formative years of coaster enthusiasm, where you believe the world is centered around you and your “hobby”. It was a long while ago, for me, and it was during the coaster boom, so I guess I was lucky in that regard.

I have to wonder if this scenario is what causes the (perceived) animosity between the old and young folks on this site.

Us old folks got to experience the boom while we were in our young, (mostly) childless, care-free days and there really weren't any elders on the site at that time telling us we were wrong in wanting bigger, taller, faster. Everyone was salivating over what came next. Unbridled excitement comes to mind.

This seems to make sense to me. Some of the older generation folks have an idea of what is best for Cedar Point and I have my own ideas. Agree to disgaree

<looking around> and you gave respect when, John? I think you are reaping what you have sown.

But, more to the point...

I really hope that they do put in a good dark ride.

"Good" of course is subjective... I know folks that love and hate the WDW Haunted Mansion.

Perhaps I mean a kind of a dark ride that will stand the test of time.

It is a "signature" item at many parks...

While space is limited I suspect that many of the proposed locations put up on here over the years could be made to work realistically.

It would be kind of cool to be taken away from the midway madness and escape to a different place for a few minutes...

IMHO of course.

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

Well I certainly didn't START the disrespect. It is hard for Kyle to imagine an dark ride to satisfy the Thrill seekers but of course I could be wrong. It would probably would take up more space than a standard coaster (for all the indoor elements) and seems gimmicky to me.

MrJohnJLewis said:

And I am also not against kid areas, I have told my wife for years that the kid area between the coliseum and carnival games needs to be revamped big time.

Why? Are the 2-5 year olds complaining about the lack of thrills? The rides there are well maintained, visually exciting, and very enjoyable for the pre-school children who ride them. When they want something a little more thrilling than ‘baby rides’, Planet Snoopy is literally a two minute walk to the other side of the Coliseum Arcade.

MrJohnJLewis said:

Well I certainly didn't START the disrespect. It is hard for Kyle to imagine an dark ride to satisfy the Thrill seekers but of course I could be wrong. It would probably would take up more space than a standard coaster (for all the indoor elements) and seems gimmicky to me.

There you go again comparing roller coasters with dark rides. Enclosed roller coasters, like Disaster Transport, Space Mountain, and Rockin’ Rollercoaster, or any other enclosed coasters, with or without theming, are most definitely not considered to be dark rides.

Last edited by Rugrats2001,

I feel like the rides themselves are fine, but the area is just blah. Camp Snoopy and Planet Snoopy are just better areas. The infant ride section just seems to be lacking like they just put the rides there and forgot about them

Weird, my kid made no complaints at any time from age 1 to 6.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

MrJohnJLewis said:

I started this post challenging people, and then people decided to use my age to more or less say my opinion is irrelevant.

To be fair, I decided your opinion was irrelevant when your response to anyone trying to explain the contrary position was "Ya, but still...", it had nothing to do with your age...

Jeff said:

That is precisely the reason that CP doesn't need to do anything for the kids. The kids don't care. And if a kid does complain it is because their parents are filling their head with "what the park really needs" ideas.

Jeff said:

So if you take a step back, you're really going to say that area is of the same quality as Camp Snoopy and Planet Snoopy??

Honorarius said:

MrJohnJLewis said:

To be fair, I decided your opinion was irrelevant when your response to anyone trying to explain the contrary position was "Ya, but still...", it had nothing to do with your age...

The only explanation I received was that they are expensive to maintain and I don't think that's a good enough reason. You may think that, but I do not. Awesome cars are expensive, and equally expensive to maintain. Because they're awesome

I think it's safe to say that it's pretty obvious to almost everyone here, that you have no clue how a for profit business runs.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service