Updates from Winter Chill Out

mgou58 said:

(Eating popcorn) I never thought so many people would suddenly become ramp engineers nor did I think so many people would be obsessed with ramps.....

You never had a skateboard as kid, did you?😄

PyroKinesis09 said:

I just don't think we're seeing a ramp, and I'm sure there is a loophole they can exploit. Something like...

"We originally made the ride ADA complaint, but recent additions have forced us to close the Forbidden Frontier to guests in wheelchairs, or those in strollers and wagons. We apologize for any issues this may cause, and welcome all guests to enjoy our wide assortment of nearly 100 other rides and coasters here at Cedar Point."

Have you been to Forbidden Frontier? It is specifically designed for families with children. Remove a large portion of that demographic and you kind of ruin the attraction.

Jeff said:

The band organ was always one of the things that I gave Kings Island a lot of credit for. Those things are becoming exceptionally rare.

I worked at the Frontier Inn the summer of '80. The Merry go Round was neat due to the mechanical player. While I understand that those things tend to wear out, it's sad that it is not part of it now.

MrJohnJLewis said:

I really need to get to Seabreeze this summer. I haven't been, but have heard only good things about it.

I hope you're not talking about SeaBreeze in Rochester NY. It has really gone down hill over the past 10 years. Do NOT go!

Really?!? I just started going again 8-ish years ago after not going to SeaBreeze for 15+ years, and I live in Rochester, NY... I love what they’ve done with the park. I think they do a great job.

ROUNDABOUND.

Rugrats2001 said:

Have you been to Forbidden Frontier? It is specifically designed for families with children. Remove a large portion of that demographic and you kind of ruin the attraction.

Families with children who don't need to be pushed around in a stroller or a wagon, sure.

Last edited by PyroKinesis09,

Shane Denmark said:

MrJohnJLewis said:

I really need to get to Seabreeze this summer. I haven't been, but have heard only good things about it.

I hope you're not talking about SeaBreeze in Rochester NY. It has really gone down hill over the past 10 years. Do NOT go!

Really?!? I just started going again 8-ish years ago after not going to SeaBreeze for 15+ years, and I live in Rochester, NY... I love what they’ve done with the park. I think they do a great job.

Also from Rochester, and used to go to SeaBreeze as a kid. But now it's been taken over by people who don't respect the park. Plus they lack any impressive rides. If you were to go to any park in the area, it's Darien Lake. And quite frankly, I don't even go anymore because of how spoiled I am by going on our yearly Cedar Point trip

MrJJL- I wholeheartedly disagree about Darien Lake. That park is so in the crapper. We go to Darien Lake only because passes are dirt cheap. It’s kinda like methadone for my coaster addiction... It’ll hold me over until I can get back to CP or HP or wherever else.

Last edited by Shane Denmark,

ROUNDABOUND.

Darien Lake is so sad. The selling off of the 2nd train a few years ago of Predator, Mind Eraser, Viper and Ride of Steel is a disgrace. The dispatch to dispatch time elapsed for Ride of Steel makes me never want to go back and I only live like 30 miles away.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Those trains were cannibalized for parts...

ROUNDABOUND.

As for the ramp, I honestly think with the height of that bridge, it might be cheaper just to have a wheelchair lift on both ends than building a very long/winding ramp. CP already operates a LOT of those for their coasters, putting the same model in wouldn't be a huge burden as they would share the same parts.

Fun fact - due to ADA regulations coming into effect, I seem to recall that one of those elevators was put on Disaster Transport for its final season.

Last edited by GigaG,

Extra charge Trebuchet to and from the island.

A large "sea" of Nerf balls to "land" into and good times for all...

What could possibly go wrong?

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

I vote for ramps, please no elevator's. the park contract's for the elevator's, I was told that when it took better than 6 weeks to fix the one on Mine Ride in 2018. I invite anyone to join us on a sunny 90 degree day to ride up Corkscrew's elevator.

Awesome.. now we have elevator experts here.

Welcome to the family.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

Forbidden Frontier here we come!

mgou58 said:

(Eating popcorn) I never thought so many people would suddenly become ramp engineers nor did I think so many people would be obsessed with ramps.....

obsessing about ramps is tight.

Rugrats2001 said:

mgou58 said:

It's super easy, barely an inconvenience...

I wonder what Tony Hawk or Steven Hawking would’ve preferred...

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Did they mention or did anybody ask jason or tony about when the sawmill creek resort will reopen or about adding more premium rv sites? I know they announced it before winter chill out on tony's blog just wondering if they elaborated more about it?

PyroKinesis09 said:

XS NightClub said:

https://www.ada.gov/

read away.

Since they have the ability to secure someone without legs into TTD, I’m sure it’s not too much to think they can ‘ride’ one of the Cadillac cars.

Ride, sure, but I thought the whole idea behind the ADA was allowing anyone to do anything. Someone without legs or limited use of their legs can't drive a car, so...

The Americans' with Disabilities Act incorporates a "reasonableness" standard. So, one of the ideas/purposes for enacting the Act was to allow people in our communities with disabilities reasonable access to places throughout our community. And, over the years, it has been determined that adding wheelchair ramps and elevators is a reasonable accommodation for property owners to install to allow access to their businesses by those reliant on a wheelchair. I have not seen the renderings for Forbidden Frontier with the new boat ride, but it's likely Cedar Point is providing wheelchair access at a second entrance, if the Camp Snoopy entrance is elevated w/out lift service.

Tall and fast not so much upside down...

Dutchman said:

Rugrats2001 said:

mgou58 said:

It's super easy, barely an inconvenience...

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service