Updates from Winter Chill Out

operative_me said:

Is anyone else relieved that, despite the overwhelming odds against it, Cedar Point has miraculously found a way to rebuild the bridge to Forbidden Frontier?

I still don’t understand why so many people had doubts about them simply building a raised bridge from land to the island. It makes the most sense.

Pointman! Cedar Fair management can do no wrong... Now drink your Kool-aid!

Because people will have to climb a raised bridge, making it a little extra effort to get over to Forbidden Frontier.

Okay Zoug was that sarcasm or the truth, I am thinking sarcasm.

Could we maybe tone down all of the entitlement and accusations of cult membership for things you don't agree with? It doesn't look good on y'all.

Shades said:

I'm well over 40 and I didn't get fired up when I read about the organ on a carousel. Its an organ that plays music. On. A. Merry-Go-Round.

I know I am in the minority here, but I wonder if we didn't know that they removed the recording of an organ with a real organ - would we have noticed?

Certainly there is a nostalgia component to this, but if you've spent time around the real thing, but as others have said, it's like the difference between standing next to a guy playing the piano and a listening to the recording of a piano. It sounds different. I can't speak for others, but I like the idea of observing something made with a high degree of craftsmanship that is maintained and cared for in a way that is uniquely human. There's something fascinating about the mechanical precision.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I really need to get to Seabreeze this summer. I haven't been, but have heard only good things about it.

I hope you're not talking about SeaBreeze in Rochester NY. It has really gone down hill over the past 10 years. Do NOT go!

I'd be interested in reading ADA law, because I'm sure it doesn't state that everything has to be accessible to those with disabilities. For instance, someone in a wheelchair could easily ride a coaster, but they couldn't drive the Classic Cars.

Like, Kings Island added a car ride for last season. How did they make it ADA compliant? I bet they didn't.

https://www.ada.gov/

read away.

Since they have the ability to secure someone without legs into TTD, I’m sure it’s not too much to think they can ‘ride’ one of the Cadillac cars.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

XS NightClub said:

https://www.ada.gov/

read away.

Since they have the ability to secure someone without legs into TTD, I’m sure it’s not too much to think they can ‘ride’ one of the Cadillac cars.

Ride, sure, but I thought the whole idea behind the ADA was allowing anyone to do anything. Someone without legs or limited use of their legs can't drive a car, so...

I’ll follow up with a few answers to questions raised on here as I too was at WCO..

No steel rollercoasters are receiving a repaint this year, (per Tony) however, led lighting was observed on the trains for Millennium Force at the maintenance shop, but the workers could not comment on it.

The new Celebrate 150 stage will be pushed back and made longer left to right, with a lower height overall to connect with the audience more. The floats will stop here each night and a new nighttime show will take place. We saw the rendering of the new stage and it was mind blowing. They are really going all out for the 150th party.

Snake River Expedition will in fact make a complete circuit. The old employee access bridge will be redressed for this attraction with waterfalls and will be the new gateway to Forbidden Frontier.

We saw some of the artist concepts for the animatronics for SRE, a lot of thought and detail going into this. And YES, the corny jokes will make a return but the story will tie into what is happening on the island. Doing both is the best way to get the full experience, but you can do each separately without being lost in the story.

The parade floats are insanely tall, and make the Grand Carnivale look like child’s play. They had to build a new float storage facility just so the new floats would fit.

Tony and Jason emphasized over and over the importance of the guests as the reason why Cedar Point has made it 150 years. Expect nearly everything in the park to recognize this connection in some way.

The new tollbooths are just one part of the entrance. Traffic will no longer cross lanes past the booths. Once you are in a lane you will not leave that lane. Same goes for dedicated access to the water park and resorts. Self scan will come later in the year.

Thats all I got for now. We did get to try the new Mac and Cheese and it was incredible!

Last edited by mgou58,

Ride, sure, but I thought the whole idea behind the ADA was allowing anyone to do anything. Someone without legs or limited use of their legs can't drive a car, so...

ADA was never meant to be all-encompassing, you would never expect every car manufacturer to make every model fully operational for every disability.
This may be of more help to you, “ This guide is not a collection of amusement ride designs. Rather, it provides specifications for elements of amusement rides to create a general level of usability for individuals with disabilities. Emphasis is placed on ensuring that individuals with disabilities are generally able to access the amusement ride and use a variety of elements.” From: https://www.access-board.gov/guidelines-and-standards/recreation-fa...ment-rides

Last edited by XS NightClub,

Regardless of ADA compliance as we discussed in the other thread, “families with strollers/wagons” is a constituent that has to be considered especially for a kid focused attraction. Could the park policy be, “just carry it up and down the stairs”, possible but seems unlikely to me.

‘Sling-Shot’ Stroller catapults on each side of the river.
on-ride video is an upcharge though.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

Cargo Shorts said:

Regardless of ADA compliance as we discussed in the other thread, “families with strollers/wagons” is a constituent that has to be considered especially for a kid focused attraction. Could the park policy be, “just carry it up and down the stairs”, possible but seems unlikely to me.

Can't they just have a ramp that leads to the bridge? I remember talking about this before, but I don't remember where.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

That is certainly a possibility but I believe someone that is familiar with grades indicated it would have to be a very long ramp (on both sides). Unless they want to make everyone duck when going under shorter bridges. 😜

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

The most definable aspect of the band organ vs. the recording will be how loud it is.

Operations has lowered the volume on the recording for years to its (former) level.

The organ has three modes: Off, Very Loud, and Very Very Very Loud.

It is a fascinating mechanical contraption in operation and should add some nostalgic feel to the area of the park.

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

ADA isn't new. And neither are families with strollers and wagons. Presumably the park is addressing both issues (with engineers who do this stuff for a living).

And water is wet.

I mean, it's entirely possible it's the one attraction in the park that strollers, wheelchairs, wagons and more won't be allowed on anymore.

The level of armchair-ing in this thread is astonishing.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service