Best food in the park?

I noticed that most of the menus have calories now next to the food choices. That is a welcome addition that makes it easier not to overeat at the park.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

As long as they keep the calorie counts off the menu at Surf Lounge I'm okay with it.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

XS NightClub said:
As long as they keep the calorie counts off the menu at Surf Lounge I'm okay with it.

I am sure Pete would agree with this as he drank his weight worth on Saturday

One good thing about that is it automatically makes you want to eat much less on Sunday.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I got the all season dining plan for the first time this year and it has given me a chance to try out a bunch of options in the park this year. My favorites are Miss Keats Smokehouse, Pinks, Panda Express, Chick-Fil-A, Frontier Foldovers, Hot Potato, and Buckaroo's Burritos. I feel the best value options are Panda, Miss Keats, Frontier Foldovers, Pinks and Buckaroo's Burritos. All of those will fill you up with a meal plan meal. At Frontier Foldovers, I wasn't even able to finish my meal because it was so filling! Those foldovers are huge! But they sure are good!

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

The Foldovers are insanely filling. Miss Keats has gotten better now that they offer buns for their meats. I wish CJs Provisions was open more, I think I enjoyed it's mac n cheese more than Sky Ride Refreshments. I have caught it open only on one weekday (I would hope it would be open on weekends at least). Chickie's and Pete's is still my favorite, love the crab fries and cheesesteak or wings.

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

First year of the all season dining for us as well. We did the platinum pass version and we've liked almost everything so far. I do wish it also included one daily snack item for the price point. Our best overall item was the Muskoka craft burger at wonderland, worst was LaRosas pizza at Kings Island. We'll be at Dominion and Carowinds in 2 weeks to try out some of theirs. Harmony Hall is great so I'm looking forward to that.

At CP, my wife and I were there 7 days this season, we both did 2 meals 6 of the 7. Everything has been fair to very good. The foldovers, as others mentioned, are the best size value. Bet they get smaller next year if they survive. I liked the buffalo mac n cheese under the skyride a lot. Of course Chick Fil A is good, we did that twice. I liked the CP shores bbq more than miss keats, but both are fine. The chickie and petes was also not bad, same for pinks. The perch sandwhich by gatekeeper was very good this year when i had it. My favorite is the buckaroos burrito, however. I know it didn't open until like 2nd week of june but i really hope they keep it next year. I also hope that something from melt goes on the plan but we'll see. Didn't do johnny rockets or coasters this year.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

So with the additions of Hugo's and that new barbecue place in the back, what's your favorite place to eat at? I'm really impressed with Hugo's. The only thing I'm upset over is they took the freestyles out of there. I hope they consider bringing those back in the future.

Maybe I just got the wrong thing, but Hugo's didn't really wow me. Could be because I'm a tad fussy about my pizza sauce and Hugo's recipe is a tad sweet for my taste.

Back BeatBQ, on the other hand, I liked so much I ate there twice- once for the brisket (DELICIOUS), and once for the perch (not bad, but my helping was a little cold :C ). The corn on the cob is fantastic. The downside though is that it seems to have taken all the best stuff from Miss Keat's- what was by far my favorite eatery last year lost a lot of its best offerings (but gained ribs, so yay!)

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

I've gotten Hugo's pizza twice now since pizza seems to be one of the few things in the park the nephew will eat. It has been two vastly different products. Once it was like a pre-formed frozen wedge had been tossed into the oven, and the other was an actual hand-stretched personal pizza. Either way was better than the pizza served further up the midway, but nothing I'd write home about.

Define fussy. We can our own pizza sauce. We also like our cheese fully melted with a bit of color. Both times you could still make out the individual pieces cheese like it hadn't gotten enough heat on top.

My current food ranking for dining plan options:
1. Chick Fil A sandwhich and fries
2. Rotisserie Chicken w/mac n cheese from babckbeat or Crystal Rock
3. Crispy Chicken Frontier Foldover from Gristmill
4. Buckaroos Burrito (chicken)
5. Themed burger from Roundup
6. Buffalo Chicken Mac n Cheese under Skyride (barely ever open)
7. Johnny Rockets bacon cheeseburger
8. Panda Express
9. Miss Keats smoked wings
10. Perch Sandwhich at Lakeside (declining quality in last 2 years IMO)

Hugos we've only had once but im going to try once more. First visit wasn't good. Chicken parm sandwich for me. Party of 6 of us all had various items and no one enjoyed theirs. Two had items that weren't warm in the center.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

^ Food temperature is my main gripe about Backbeat and Hugo’s. I had a specialty pizza from there a few days ago. They made it “fresh” and it still wasn’t super hot in the middle. Makes me wonder if I can ask for them to put the entree back in the oven for a few seconds.

Last edited by haiderodes01,

Honestly, if I have to say best food, I also really like the fresh cut fries. Put some salt and vinegar on there or some cheese, and it's pretty good.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Love the fries still. I never get the mini corn dog and fresh cut fries dining plan option but my wife and i do the platinum deal once a trip. No chili, just cheese!

Haiderodes01- unless you get someone who doesn’t know what they’re doing, the answer is no. Once food crosses the counter and especially if you’ve had it in your hands, they are forbidden to reheat it. At best they’d give you a new one.

^ I get that, I mean put it back in the oven again BEFORE handing it to me. I’m gonna ask next time I eat at Hugo’s.

Last edited by haiderodes01,

Yesterday, I went over into CPS for lunch. I tried out Crystal Rock Cafe. I got the pulled pork with mac and cheese. It was great! I wish they had something like that in the regular park. They could easily do that at Backbeat. The servings were huge and I was stuffed after eating it and I had no desire to even get a second meal yesterday.

Brian

I could be mistaken, but I thought for sure Backbeat does have pulled pork and mac & cheese. And I would assume both places would have food from the same kitchen.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

BackBeat does indeed have Mac and Cheese and Pulled Pork. (two separate items)

Last edited by diggerg56,

I know BBQ has pulled pork and mac and cheese but the ones a CRC were way different. The pork at CRC was more saucy while the pork at BBQ was just plain without any sauce. I haven't been to BBQ since opening day, so that may have changed since then.

Brian

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service