What was new when you first visited CP?

Sooooo, I know I was at Cedar Point with my family probably some time in the late 80s...but I don't really remember much about that...so I'll use my first actual solid memory.

Went to CP on a school trip back in 94, which was when Raptor was new. I feel pretty confident in saying that was my first coaster with inversions also.

Probably the Blue Streak- it was 1970, but I don't remember if anything was new that year (and I'm too lazy to look it up).

Well, let’s see. It was probably 1955 and I was a baby. So I’m going with “nothing”.

1989- Magnum

1972 - I was five. I remember believing that the Giant Wheel was the biggest thing in the world...

I remember thinking they'd never build a taller coaster than the Gemini when I rode it its first year.

Then when I rode the Magnum I remember commenting that they'd really never be able to build a taller coaster.

Perspective is a powerful tool...

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

2016 - Valravn

2003 - TTD

1969 - Cedar Creek Mine Ride. I was too little to ride but my grandmother (born 1893!) and dad rode it.

Just say no to trims

1985, Avalanche Run. I was 4 so I don't really remember much, but I do remember the Frontier Lift.

2003 is the first time we made the trek from NC and TTD was the latest and greatest new attraction. I got to ride it once while we were there due to the constant breakdowns, waited in line about 3 hours, but man was it worth it.

^a ride like no other.

(And fyi, OTS restrains make Ka about as terrifying as pipe scream)

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I can't remember, because I was to young. Maybe my grandparents might of got me on the "Train". I became a Passholder 1986, and "Avalanche Run" was my 1st Ride. When they turned it to 1990 Disaster Transport; I did not like it .

How about another question...What was new at the park the year you were born?

I was born in 2001, so VertiGo was new.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

It was the Demon Drop.

New for 1981: Ocean Motion, and ‘Living Planet’ in IMAX at the Cedar Point Cinema!

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

^ Well same for me then. Saved me the trouble of trying to find out what was new at CP in 81.

Same here, born 1981!

I'll jump on that 1981 train as well.

What was new back in 1967 when I was 1? Probably only thing I rode was the train that year. I have been to the park every season since then!

Frontier Town was new for 1967, as was Cedar Downs and the original Shoot The Rapids. :)

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service