All Season Fast Lane for $849

JUST ANNOUNCED: All-Season Fast Lane! Get a Fast Lane Plus wristband each and every day during the 2019 season for only 5 payments of $120, after an initial payment of $249. All-Season Fast Lane is for 2019 Passholders only. On sale starting April 23 at Noon!

https://twitter.com/cedarpoint/status/1116691195642679297

Brandon

whew! Enjoy it for those who have the scratch. I wouldn’t mind having it but with a pass it isn’t worth it mostly.

First ride; Magnum 1994

WOW. I was curious if this would ever come to CP, and if so, what the price point would be. I think they got it right though. I wouldn't expect they sell many of these, but the option is there if you really want it. So for basically $1200 you can get a fully loaded Platinum Pass and all season FL+. Red carpet not included.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I'll wait in line, I go to the park enough that I don't need to dish out the cash for something like this. If it's too crowded for rides, there's plenty other things to do and there's always next time.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Let's argue about this.

I was wondering how long it would take for them to do this, and I guess they just needed to find the right price point.

Like everything else, value is in the eye of the beholder. I can see this being very tempting for a season pass holder.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Sounds like a good deal for the price.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

At $850, it "pays for itself" in about 7 visits assuming around $120 for the average PP-discounted FLP price. So strictly from that perspective I could see it being priced a touch too low. I mean, you figure a 3-day visit in June, a HW weekend visit, and a couple days here and there and you've already gotten your money's worth.

On the other hand, I can't see too many people justifying an additional $850 on top of their pass, regardless of how it breaks down per visit.

Brandon

I envision certain people buying it - the ones that practically live in the park for 3/4 of the operating days and somehow afford to buy Fastlane quite often, but then complain they have no money to fix their car, go to the doctor, buy soap, etc.

It's not for me, but I think they got the price point high enough that it won't greatly affect the number of people using Fastlane (at least I hope so).

-Matt

Great, more slow lines for the majority.

We'll see, but I doubt it. To Matt's point above, the price point seems high enough that it's unlikely to have any net effect on standby lines. Had it been priced below, say, $700, then I'd be concerned.

If the price next year is substantially higher, we'll have our answer.

Brandon

MDOmnis said:
... buy soap, etc.

I’m dead 😂😂😂

Just echoing that the price "feels" right; it's enough to be tempting to some, and certainly a perk a percentage (that I would assume to be small) will bite at.

Think of it this way;

This seems to be targeted at pass holders. Which is curious, because I (as a long-time passholder) have always thought of Fast Lane as something geared more towards that family who only gets to visit once a year, and wants to make the most of it since they don't have the ability to frequent the park.

The cognitive freedom of being a passholder is the freedom to not feel the need to "do it all". Didn't get on Maverick last time? Who cares? We'll make sure to do it next time...or the next...

So I don't know. As a passholder, I see no value in this whatsoever...but that's just me.

Then again, it would "pay for itself" eventually...assuming you are that rare bird that is both a passholder and a Fast Lane consumer. But maybe that's not as rare as I think?

Promoter of fog.

If you are a season pass holder, you should never need a FL. Like KevinJ says, if the line happens to be long that day, ride it another time. Early entry is when I usually get the rides out of the way that will have the long lines.

I disagree. My family are passholders, and in most years we make at least one long visit to the park (4 or 5 nights). And we find value in getting FLP passes since doing so provides great flexibility when navigating the park in a way that makes the visit enjoyable both for our kids (2 and 6 this summer) and us thrill-seeking parents.

Even when the park is not busy, let's say, a 20-minute wait on Maverick as a benchmark, having FLP allows one of us to quickly get a lap in while being separated for only about 10 or 15 minutes when it would otherwise have taken 30 or so once you account for walking to and from the ride. So FLP gives the Wife and/or I the ability to ride the big rides while minimizing the time spent apart from the family.

Obviously this strategy holds less value once we're all able to ride together, but we're still a ways off from that.

Brandon

I would never pay for this. I mean if you have a pass and come frequently, if the lines are too long pick something else to do. When I was a passholder sometimes I would arrive and it would be too busy, so typically I would spend the day at the waterpark instead, or ride some of the less popular rides that are still enjoyable.

I have never dreamed of spending the money to buy a single day fast pass at Cedar Point, let alone a full season one, as I have ridden all of the coasters sooooo many times, the cost is just not justifiable.

Maybe if i was going to a new park and only had one day to get everything in, or be very disappointed would I consider a Fast Pass, otherwise, no thanks.

GigaG said:
Great, more slow lines for the majority.

They have put a sales cap of 500 for this year. That shouldn’t impact lines too much.

haiderodes01, the sales cap for all fast lanes is 500 per day? That's interesting. Do you know what it was in year's past?

Tall and fast not so much upside down...

No, all season fast lane has a sales cap of 500 people

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

It is tempting, but $2,600 for 3 is a little out of my range. I do echo that it is priced correctly though.

I would not do it for $499 which I know is what some other CF fair parks. As referenced before, I know 100% there will be some who are there most days and this offering here will make sure especically this one person can maintain their count of riding SV the most times.

Most I'd be possibly willing to do is perhaps spend $65 (lowest price day and should be low attendance also) to allow myself to marathon SV as for obvious reasons is the only coaster there I have yet to been able to done so.

Last edited by ImpulsivePhoenix,

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service