Forbidden Frontier

I know this is not really Forbidden Frontier on Adventure Island related but it's kind of related to walk-around characters and Frontiertown/frontier trail area of the park but I was wonder if anybody knew if the outlaws (SV's mascots) were coming back for 2019?

Of course no one knows, but I would guess no, only because it sounds like this new attraction is going to be home to a consistent all-day cast of characters. Aside from the Peanuts gang I would guess this would tap the limits of available cast members.

Then again, in all our visits last year we never saw the SV outlaws, so I never got a good grasp of what kind of schedule they were on...other than that they were certainly not on ours.

Promoter of fog.

The outlaws came out at 12:00 noon and went out to five. During Brew and Barbeque, they had a part in the blue grass jamboree show and would dance a little. then they would go in for the night. Very rare occasions would be if they came out after six and it rained really hard that day. I feel like they could because my son had a close connection with them and it would make for good interactions.

It would be fun if they were still around. They certainly made an effort to make them part of the Frontier Town story.

Promoter of fog.

If Forbidden Frontier integrates with the Frontiertown story, which I would guess it does based on the name, I'm guessing they'll reference the outlaws in some way.

Tony responded to Jon Rudder's (of WEWS) tweet of some pictures of CP taken from the air. If you open the pictures you can see some of the progress on the island.

Brandon

A couple things I've noticed looking at the pictures:

• The BBQ joint is pretty big.
  • It looks like they moved one of the two DA bridges over near the former StR station, providing ADA access.
  • They managed to save most or all of the trees on the former Cedars' site.

Brandon

Hard to believe Cedars even fit there. That head on / front gate aerial pic is amazing. Wow.

Really cool photos, thanks for posting.

One thing I'm noticing is there isn't any indication of them "straightening" the perimeter road. Not that they said they would, but I know it has been speculated. I don't think they would to it to add space to the park as some have thought, but as a safety thing because those were some pretty sharp blind curves. Well not so blind anymore with Cedars gone.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

djDaemon said:

A couple things I've noticed looking at the pictures:

• The BBQ joint is pretty big.
  • It looks like they moved one of the two DA bridges over near the former StR station, providing ADA access.
  • They managed to save most or all of the trees on the former Cedars' site.

I wonder if the BBQ building will have a duel purpose? BBQ up front and _______ in the rear of building? Looks rather large! but then again that is just a photo....

Ahhhhh C.P. My Happy Place!

Those photos are great!

I hope Jon takes at least one more batch of photos before the park opens, it'd be cool to see the progress in mid to late April, and in conjunction with the information we should have from CP by then it should answer any questions that may be left at that point in time.

Based on construction time I think the major buildings on FFAI are up? But I'm not sure how involved those buildings really are so maybe we could see more pop up in the next couple months. If not then I'm curious to see what they do with the open space that we see in those images.

I'm curious why they left one bridge on the DA side of things if they plan on moving traffic to the STR end. It could very well be a temporary thing, something to keep an eye on the cams to see if the move it. Or as I saw somewhere else maybe they are going to have the exit over there? Althgouh I doubt/hope they don't.

imadj said:

I wonder if the BBQ building will have a duel purpose? BBQ up front and _______ in the rear of building? Looks rather large! but then again that is just a photo....

Parties, of course...

Promoter of fog.

I can't imagine they'd have the exit that far away from the entrance.

Brandon

imadj said

It was announced there would be live music in there. So there will probably be a small stage of some sort.

The press release indicates the live entertainment will be outside:

BackBeatQue’s outdoor dining space will give guests a great place to eat, relax and take in the sights and sounds of the BackBeat Quartet and Cedar Point’s Gemini Midway.

Brandon

I'm happy it's a large venue. If the perch is decent, I'll be spending a fair amount of time there. :)

The park could use another large eating venue with plenty of indoor seating. A new place to cool off, relax, etc.

Promoter of fog.

I think they announced no indoor seating for BackBeatQue. Seemed like a missed opportunity to build-up some WinterFest-capable infrastructure.

It sounds like a Coney BBQ/Crystal Rock Cafe setup inside the building and outside seating (half patio/half exposed) with an added entertainment stage. I hope that the supposed Motown theming delivers, because that would be highly appreciated as a Detroit native.

Thats kind of a shame that there won’t be any indoor seating. Most definitely not a deal breaker though. Just seems like a missed opportunity to get guests out of the hot sun and into some AC.

It's such a big building, though. I guess we'll see. It seems strange to offer only outdoor seating, especially with a brand-new venue.

Weather is a thing, and not everyone enjoys eating outdoors when you've spent the last X amount of hours outdoors.

Promoter of fog.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service