$3 soda = criminal

The food trucks seem very popular at the park and I love my local food truck scene in Buffalo NY. For me, though, I enjoy the dining plan and have been happy enough with the options at the park in the last 2 seasons. If I lived closer, however, Id probably get tired of it and change it up with the food trucks.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Saying that seeing food trucks on the midway reminds you of a county fair seems a bit preposterous in my own opinion considering placement and such. Especially when we have looked at far worse eyesores FOR YEARS such as the big ugly box by the lake (Disaster Transport), or the big red ugly building by the bay (Cedars), or the big aquatic stadium that hadn’t served its purpose for years (Extreme Sports Stadium). The point I’m trying to make here is: There have been many other worse things we have seen at beautiful Cedar Point. With time, the problems have all been resolved. I personally think the food department is going through it’s transition period, and right now it’s not the prettiest. But I strongly believe it will be eventually.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

I’ll join in on the tacky look of the food trucks. I really don’t like them down the main midway. Looks bad and makes things congested. I guess that makes me preposterous.

As for the big box known as disaster transport, at least it was a roller coaster. That belongs in an amusement park more so than a bunch of trailers with propane tanks strapped to them.

Well, as crazy as it may sound, consider me as one who thinks there are more to amusement parks than roller coasters. Especially when these trailers with propane tanks serve out better food than the ones provided at the park currently.

There are a great many things at CP that are extremely annoying. People smoking outside designated areas. Line jumping. Pre-teens and young teens swearing left and right around my kids. The restrooms. Kids walking 6 people wide dribbling basketballs non-stop. I could go on, but you get the idea.

A handful of food trucks and trailers along the midway with food incomparable to most offerings by the park does not even come close to making that list for me. In fact, I embrace all the unique smells as I walk down the midway!

Let's remember, at least as far as I know, there weren't many (or any?) food trucks from outside vendors during the regular season. They only seem to be there for HW where staffing is more of an issue. I, for one, think it's a brilliant solution to a known problem that improves the customer experience during a difficult time of year from a staffing standpoint.

Last edited by MaverickLaunch,

Well said Maverick.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

The food trucks don't bother me. I like the smell and as far as tacky it's an amusement park, not an art museum. Food trucks can't possibly be taking away from the ambiance of the hoop shots and guess your weight games. It would be different if they were parking them along the beach or something but they aren't. Most of them look nicer than the Lemon Chill carts.

The food trucks are a nice addition to offer C.P. customers. The hot fresh food comes with a price not much worse the CP's own fair. Lest we not forget the owners of the food truck do not get on the midway / areas around the park for free.

Ahhhhh C.P. My Happy Place!

I would like to give a HUGE thumbs up to the food trucks for Halloweekends. I only went to the park the last weekend of the year for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I had a couple different kinds of wraps, a Korean BBQ bowl, a giant panini sandwich, chicken and waffles, funnel cake and deep fried oreos, and pulled pork sandwich over the course of the weekend. I don't have a dining plan, and decided to have food from as many of the food trucks as I could. Everything was fast and delicious.

I know the park would surely rather keep that business than have a food truck get it, but if the option is there, I'm almost invariably going with the food trucks. Yeah I spent alot of money on food and ate (comparably) like a king since I was treating myself, but the food trucks all had delicious offerings and I think it's an excellent solution to a recurring problem during Halloweekends. I don't they detracted from the attractiveness or atmosphere of the park at all and provide many tasty options that aren't normally available.

MaverickLaunch said:

A handful of food trucks and trailers along the midway with food incomparable to most offerings by the park does not even come close to making that list for me. In fact, I embrace all the unique smells as I walk down the midway!

So would you say being able to clearly smell the food on offer makes it more likely that you'll stop at a truck for a... Maverick Lunch? :D

...I'll see myself out.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Just gonna leave this here.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service