Pete Babic

I always wanted to meet Pete while at the park, but sadly never got the chance. He seemed very knowledgeable on the forums. Condolences to his friends & family.

Pete was a great fun friend, he will be sincerely missed by many.

Very sad to hear. Like others, I never got the chance to meet Pete but he seemed like a great guy. I always enjoyed his presence and fun loving attitude on the boards. He was one of a kind and will definitely be missed. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

R.I.P. Pete

So sad to hear of Pete's passing. My sympathy to his family and friends. His wisdom and knowledge will be missed. I always enjoyed, and usually agreed, with his comments.

So saddened to hear this news... I always enjoyed reading Pete's posts. My sympathies and prayers for everyone who knew and loved him.

Kathy :-)

Wow. Such heartbreaking news to come on and read. I too, had never personally met Pete but always enjoyed his take on topics, discussions and the park. His posts will be missed. Best wishes and warm thoughts to his family at home and here online.

Godspeed Pete.

Terribly sad. :( Always enjoyed Pete's posts here going all the way back to 1999.

-Matt

Anyone know how old Pete was?

ROUNDABOUND.

it’s with a heavy heart that I read this. RIP Pete

I am super sad about this news. I saw Pete and Dave a few days before the park closed. I will miss him a lot. I will have a cold one for you. Fair skies and following seas my friend.

P.S. Dave, give me jingle someday.

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

Very tragic indeed. Pete was a staple in this forum, and I'm sad to hear the news. Rest in Peace, Pete.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Such a loss for everyone. My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Pete was one of the originals and a friend going back nearly 25 years. Just shocked.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Yeah, not sure what to do with this. Is there an obituary or something? I guess I don't want to believe it without something official. Pete considered partying a sport and he loved CP and the islands. I went to his last wedding. Took more than one slightly drunk ride on maXair with that guy.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Well this SUCKS. I have been a friend with Pete since the early days of GTTP. No matter how long it was between us seeing each other it was like we had just talked yesterday.

Also, no matter how you were feeling Pete would always make you laugh by just being Pete.

I will have to hoist one in his honor this evening.

RIP Pete!

It only seems appropriate to pay tribute to him with a photo on his boat, at Cedar Point (opening day, 2007).

Last edited by Jeff,

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Just hate this. Haven't been online in a few days, and this is the first thing I see on Pointbuzz...when I saw his name as the subject of a thread I didn't want to click on it.

Just terrible news.

Promoter of fog.

Jeff said:

Yeah, not sure what to do with this. Is there an obituary or something? I guess I don't want to believe it without something official.

Well I'm on your same boat, Jeff. When I first saw this thread I was digging through the obituaries of several newspapers looking for Pete Babic. I couldn't find anything related to him.

Anyhow, it's quite the shame he's gone, as he was quite the knowledgeable guy. Of all the people on this site I wanted to meet in person, Pete was up there on the list. God bless you Pete, and your family.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

I'm guessing the obituary hasn't been published yet. Sometimes it can take a few days.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I have yet to see an obituary, though I will keep checking. Services this Saturday, December 1st at Behm funeral home, 26 River st., Madison, OH The funeral is at 12:00, service at 1:00.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service