Pete Babic

Last evening, Pete suffered an unexpected major stroke. He passed away this evening. One of his greatest passions was Cedar Point. It was there that I met him and soon considered him to be one of the greatest friends I ever had. I will miss him dearly.

https://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Account/ViewProfile/141

Last edited by djumina,

Oh my goodness! I’m so sorry.
Pete was a knowledgeable guy around here, for sure, and yes, he was very passionate about the park.
Once again, my condolences to all who knew him.

Last edited by RCMAC,

To Pete's friends & loved ones, my condolences to you all. I never met Pete but I imagine I passed right by him a few times around Cedar Point. He seemed to be well liked & respected by many here on PointBuzz Forum. It seemed like every time he posted a comment there would be replies such as "I agree with you Pete". I will miss his presence here.

Here's to you Pete! Happy Sailing

Very sad to hear, wishing nothing but happy memories for his friends and family...

It is Very sad to hear. I met him at surf lounge last year. Was a great guy to meet and have a couple drinks talking to. With a positive passion for the park and enthusiast community.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Pete the guy who would rather be on his boat with a drink on the rocks than me in the drink with his boat on the rocks?!? Wow. Very sorry to hear that.

Last edited by Shane Denmark,

ROUNDABOUND.

Oh no! Pete was a great guy and fun to hang around with around the marina and surf lounge. He was very well respected here in the PointBuzz community. He was just married this summer.

i was honored to l know him and enjoyed hearing him share his knowledge and passion for Cedar Point.

RIP Pete .

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

I am so sad to hear this news. I never met Pete, but he seemed like a great guy. He always knew what he was talking about and knew his stuff. I would've liked to have had a drink with him at Surf Lounge one day. Next year, I will go to Surf Lounge to have a drink in his memory.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I'm with Thabto on that. I would have loved to meet Pete, and perhaps maybe chat with him for a little bit too. He always seemed knowledgeable on here and I bet he was one of the first people to get into the gates during the summer seasons. God bless his family and newly married wife. I bet that has to be devastating for her.

This is so very sad. Rest in peace sir.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Unbelievable! Thoughts, prayers, and memories go out to Pete, his family, and friends. His passion for Cedar Point will always continue on.

Such sad news. A huge loss to the community. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Last edited by kylepark,

Very sorry to hear this.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

So sad, Pete was truly one of a kind. He will be missed.

I'm very saddened to hear of Pete's passing. I never met him in person, but his enjoyable presence on this board made it seem like we all knew him. May he rest in peace.

Shocked to see this post. Always enjoyed Pete's comments and common sense approach to the discussions. God bless him and his family.

Terribly sad news.

Terrible to hear. Seemed like a genuinely nice, fun loving kind of guy from what I've seen of him around here.

Very sorry to hear this. I hoped to meet him at the Surf Lounge someday. Sometimes I would ask if he was around and the bartenders would speak highly of him. My condolences to his family.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

It's always odd when someone from an online community that you have never actually met in person passes away, especially someone as established and regular as Pete was on here. My thoughts go out to his family and friends, and I know he will be very missed here. Whatever you believe in for an afterlife, no doubt Pete is on a boat having a drink and enjoying a coaster.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service