Crazy things you hear while waiting in line...

Check out this gem I found. Either they had no idea about anything roller coaster related or they fully grasp the concept of how much this experience would suck just like life does sometimes.

https://imgur.com/WWx086S

Doesn’t necessarily fit the topic but I didn’t know where else to put it.

Last edited by CoasterCam,

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

Didn't you hear? Steel Vengeance is actually just Mean Streak retro-fitted with the old Mantis trains. Hence the name, Vengeance.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

While in line for Mean Streak (shortly after the Getting the Axe announcement) someone said, "They're getting rid of this ride because it's, like, the oldest ride here and it burned down one time."

While at winter chill out yesterday, my friend's friend made a claim that Steel Vengeance was the same height as Millennium Force. I just kept to myself and laughed at him inside. Lol

I just remembered this, can't believe I forgot to post it right after it happened. Sometime last summer in line for Millennium Force, a guy was puking in one of the trash cans. He was in the next row ahead of us, and I was trying to keep as much distance as I could. It was so disgusting!

That's not even the worst part. The worst part is he didn't get out of line. We lost sight of him in the station and were relieved. We sat down on the train, back seat like we always do, then saw him go through the gate near the front and sit down on the same train. WHAT ARE THE ODDS!? I almost asked the ride ops to unlock the lap bars so I can get out right then. I think I only stayed because otherwise, I would feel guilty for leaving after waiting in that long line (I think it was around 40 minutes). I did not enjoy the ride anyway because I was too busy covering my face praying to whatever god exists out there that he would not puke again. Not like he could anyway... because he had his face in that trash can for a long time and you could HEAR it. Still, I am so glad he didn't puke on that train.

People, I don't care if you feel better after throwing up in line. If you're vomiting, you need to leave!

R.I.P Luminosity ~ 2012-2017 ~ Greatest show in Heaven, Hell or Earth
Steel Vengeance rides: 20

^Did the whole line pause while he puked? Then, did they let him brush past to catch up with his group? Just think, you and others all touched railings that he probably did, Seriously. there is nothing worse than being sprayed by something while riding. you never quite know the origin. Mrs. jimmyburke always has a baggy of those lysol wipes handy.

Once on Skyhawk these dudes were being rowdy while it was in motion, one kid spit while at the crest and on the way down it splat himself in the face. Karma.

I definitely washed my hands afterwards, and I think the ride broke down or something because the line wasn't moving at all.

And good, glad it hit him. Hope he learned his lesson.

Oh, jeez this is old, but I finally heard something stupid enough to be put here. I was once in line for Skyhawk and I heard a couple guys behind me ask if Skyhawk swings all the way around/goes upside down.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

^I've heard that one also, and being the antagonist that I am I usually tell them that they surprise you at times with a full circuit. That is usually followed by my wife glaring at me.

Perhaps they were joking?

I always tease my younger nephews and ask how many times a ride goes upside down. Even If it’s something like Troika that we’ve ridden dozens of times.

A few days ago someone asked me if Skyhawk was a ride for fast laners only

Maybe it should be 😊

Maverick since '99

Wasn't in line, but overheard at the petting zoo...

"Mommy that one turtle is pushing the other turtle"

They were very rhythmic 'pushes'...

That's hilarious

Was that Thursday? He was pushing alright. The kids I saw seemed to know exactly what he was doing.

Those turtles have been at it quite often through the year.

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

I think the reason they asked if Skyhawk was a fastlane only ride is because Screamin' Swings are usually used as upcharge attractions at various parks.

As for the crazy things in line bit, I was actually a part of the craziness. I was in line for Steel Vengeance, and I was playing 'Chopsticks' with a kid who was probably 3 years younger than me. I got my ass handed to me at that game. XD Of course, while we're in the tunnel portion of the queue with the signs detailing the outlaws, we start debating over which of them would win in a fight. I thought it would be Digger due to his prosthetic arm, saying that he could go range or melee, and that the bullets he fired could possibly kill Chess and Blackjack. This is the wild west, where a small cut was a death sentence.

So, yeah. He argued his point in that while Digger would be a threat, but that would be as long as he had ammunition. And of course Chess could probably seduce Blackjack out of the fight, and then when Digger runs out of ammo, Chess could kill him with a well placed swing of the hammer. Yeah, that's possibly one of the more interesting arguments I've had.

I'd rather be sailing

Once in the CP parking lot on the way to the car my kids had a full conversation about whether or not it was physically possible for Pizza The Hut to eat himself to death in the manner implied in Spaceballs. Things have only gotten weirder since.

I have not seen Spaceballs, but I've heard of Pizza the hutt. Maybe it would be possible if he started from the bottom and worked his way up.

I was also talking to the same kid who I argued over SV's outlaws about dreams and also what if the rides were people or something. Yeah, that's based off all the pics of humanized roller coasters on the internet. XD The dream that I was talking about was me going to the park and meeting Tony Clark. We start talking about Steel Vengeance, only for the whole conversation to spiral into an argument. I was fighting with Tony over which coaster and flat ride would win if the rides here were sentient and could fight. So I just reach into my holo-bag and pull out my laptop.

After that I made Tony touch my computer, which warped us into a planet coaster recreation of Cedar Point, which was modded to have the g force be multiplied by 6. We tried to settle this by riding all the coasters and rides on that max g force, and whoever blacked out less/had the least injuries was the winner.

Paisley, this is for you: https://thoughtcatalog.com/lorenzo-jensen-iii/2014/07/25-people-rem...-ever-had/

Seriously, number 16 is the best one, while number two feels like something i'd argue about thanks to sheer curiosity. I've had an argument over number 12 concerning school uniform.

Back to the subject, I also heard people say that Magnum is taller than Top Thrill Dragster.

Last edited by Skyhawk06,

I'd rather be sailing

This is a bit off topic but why do you start some sentences with xd?

Maverick since '99

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service