2019 Teasing Begins...

New for 2019 ....

Grass, where stuff used to be.

(Witches wheel, cedars, Dinos...)

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Hey now, that was Geauga Lake's business model during the Cedar Fair era.

If I had to guess, this isn’t about a new attraction, but rather making way for future improvements. I’m thinking today we find out that Dinos alive is leaving, and perhaps CCMR is closing next season, or a development of the area where STR was. I don’t think this is anything major, just early prep work for 2020 at best. Which is fine, because I’d much rather they spruce up non-ride areas this off season. (Bathrooms come to mind)

Tony just tweeted "After our announcement at 2, it's a guarantee you will have more questions than answers, and that's the fun of it. Cedar Point continues to evolve each year, and I hope you're just as excited about that as I am!"

Well now I'm thinking it's going to be a school.

I’m thinking of a ride removal announcement. Something no one is expecting. It’s probably going to be very vague and cryptic, but it will be a huge hint.

So essentially we will be getting a ride removal announcement, probably Mine Ride. Similar to how they announced Mantis and Mean Streak's demise.... it produced more questions than answers.

Tilt-a-Whirl said:
So essentially we will be getting a ride removal announcement, probably Mine Ride. Similar to how they announced Mantis and Mean Streak's demise.... it produced more questions than answers.

Exactly.

If it is a ride removal announcement (which I think it is too) I'm personally hoping for Corkscrew over CCMR.

Looking forward to 2pm. :)

They will never remove Corkscrew. Write that down, seal it, and open it in 100 years when Corkscrew is still operating.

Removing CCMR would not be good news. It’s my daughter’s favorite coaster.

So, GCI replacing CCMR, same theme, and three mystery sheds to allow five trains? ;)

He showed us the wrong end of the pencil to be sure, but can we assume that’s a Dixon-Ticonderoga pencil, perhaps even one old enough to have been made in Sandusky?

I’m not on board with a CCMR departure. That’s an Internet wish list item, not a business plan. In fact I think CP may be done retiring coasters for a while.

—Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

The Telegrams posted at the office tell of a strained alliance of the three. Maybe Blackjack is striking out on his own and setting up operations at CCMR and is going to update the mining works. Hence new trains and a layout change.

Cpfoodblog tweeted a link to a motley fool piece about CF that discusses a branding issue in that there is no overall corporate branding like Six Flags to tie all the parks together. It posits many don’t know about all the other parks and that depresses PP sales.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cedar-fair-fighting-back-track-234100861.html

Looking at Tony’s tweet, I realize that the tweets we have seen do not seem to be positive. All they’re saying is that they’re writing their next chapter. That’s usually something they would say to comfort those who are upset about an attraction removal. Especially since we’ll have more questions than answers. I’d honestly be surprised if this announcement IS NOT a removal announcement. My guesses are either Dinos (yet no other CF park made a big deal about removing their dinos), CCMR (hope it’s not true), or WT (my shot in the dark guess). Unfortunately, I’m bracing myself for CCMR, even though a few days ago I didn’t believe the rumors.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

RideMan said

I’m not on board with a CCMR departure. That’s an Internet wish list item, not a business plan. In fact I think CP may be done retiring coasters for a while.

—Dave Althoff, Jr.

I agree-- but if they are tweaking Mine Ride with new trains (which produces a lower height requirement- what I am hoping for) and an altered layout, then they may announce its demise similar to what they did with Mantis.

Last edited by Tilt-a-Whirl,

What company is in the business of modifying existing, 60's-era (or any era) Arrow coasters?

That question is only mostly rhetorical. If the pro-layout modification crowd knows something I don't, I'm all ears.

Brandon

Chance still uses the Morgan track design used to convert Steel Phantom.

Last edited by PKIDelirium,

CoasterKyle1121 said:

Unfortunately, I’m bracing myself for CCMR, even though a few days ago I didn’t believe the rumors.

I'm still bracing myself from my last ride on CCMR, which was years ago. I'm very biased here, as a very tall human, but I won't miss it one bit if it does get removed.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service