2019 Teasing Begins...

djDaemon said:

When was the last time the park did literally no improvements/additions?

It depends on what you consider an improvement.

The most recent I can think of is 10 years ago, in 2009, the park added Christmas lights around trees on the Frontier Trail and called it the "Starlight Experience. That was about it.

Adding those dam dinosaurs on MF island in 2012 was an addition, not so much an improvement. LOL.

I really don’t get why they bothered to relocate those ugly Christmas lights to the main midway. It looks so cheap and random, they aren’t even installed in a professional manner.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

^Bah Humbug! IBEW Union Electricians always get the job done right. They install them where instructed and to code.

CPfan1976 said:

djDaemon said:

When was the last time the park did literally no improvements/additions?

It depends on what you consider an improvement.

The most recent I can think of is 10 years ago, in 2009, the park added Christmas lights around trees on the Frontier Trail and called it the "Starlight Experience. That was about it.

Adding those dam dinosaurs on MF island in 2012 was an addition, not so much an improvement. LOL.

I’m not sure if you’re serious, but the Gemini midway comes to my mind right away. Or the new midway that connects to the Blue Streak area. Or how about the best roller coaster for 2018? Not sure how these have been overlooked.

XS NightClub said:
I really don’t get why they bothered to relocate those ugly Christmas lights to the main midway. It looks so cheap and random, they aren’t even installed in a professional manner.

Agree! Don’t understand why they couldn’t get professional grade lights like what lines Main Street USA.

LightDark18 said:
He's probably just talking about the new Trail of the Forsaken scare zone and the Skeleton Key rooms.

I heard Skeleton Key was not returning to any CF parks this year (I think CP Food Blog posted it on their page, but I’m not sure). Also, Jason was there with Colleen and a bunch of other managers including David Richmond (head of Live E and Haunt). My guess is also that he was talking about Trail of the Forsaken.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

It seems to me that the only years when there is literally nothing new at Cedar Point are years when the company is in the process of (ultimately not; or in the most recent case, ultimately Knott) selling itself off. Given CapEx announcements at other parks I assume FUN is presently not for sale, so we should expect something new at Cedar Point.
It may be a renovated donniker, but they will get something.
(Speaking of which, new donnikers OUTSIDE the checkpoints at both major entrances would be GREAT. Getting rid of the checkpoints entirely would be even greater.)

—Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

^You've taught me so much over the years. And now I've learned even more. I did have to look that up 😉

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

I am 99% certain I have used that term here before, both in its literal sense (as above) and in the figurative sense (for instance referring to Ocean Motion’s previous location).

It’s in common use in the amusement industry particularly among traveling showmen (aka “carnies”)

—Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Delbert, it could have been me. There were actually two Captain Matt's those summers. We were roommates and great friends. Whenever I get the video posted it might refresh your memory if it was me or not. But regardless we all had a great time entertaining guests and it was always an honor would somebody would 'request your boat!.

jimmyburke said:

^Bah Humbug! IBEW Union Electricians always get the job done right. They install them where instructed and to code.

Unless said lights were classified as "show lighting" and thus installed by the Live E technicians. As in this case.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

https://twitter.com/cedarpoint/status/1031654182909030401?s=21

Tomorrow, 2PM

Shows a picture of a pencil. Sounds like the worlds tallest, fastest pencil sharpener!

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

^it will get clogged with pencil shavings on opening day. Lol

Sounds like another journal contest again like they did last year (or maybe it was earlier this year?)

Clearly, the park is going to start selling copies of my book on the peninsula.

I’m okay with this.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

They're repainting Windseeker to look like a giant pencil.

A pencil has what number on it? Number 2

New bathrooms confirmed.

A Cedar Point library to bring in the people during the offseason sounds cool.

http://www.explorehockinghills.com/recreation/pencil-sharpener-museum/

A new addition to the museum.

Sorry for the mess. Signature under construction.

That is clever.

A cedar pencil. With a point. 🤣

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service