No cell phones... at all

Zoug68 said:

If you're too cheap to rent a locker, either don't ride or leave your phone in the car.

Or secure it in a zippered pocket, which is perfectly reasonable and effective in 99% of circumstances. Obviously SV is an exception, due to the ferocity of the ride and of course CP's policy, but I would bet that in almost every case of a phone becoming a projectile, it was due to riders not securing their phone.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

^Mine flew out of my zipper pocket on The Voyage due to me becoming distracted by the ride op which led me to forget to re-zip my pocket up and it ended up flying between the faces of the 2 kids sitting behind me. All I did was unzip it to check the time real quick and next thing you know, it nearly smashed someone in the face who was sitting behind me.

I don’t think SV has unzipped any pockets and launched the phone inside... My buddy and I rode 8x at CoasterMania with our phones zipped in a cargo pocket each time, and the zipper didn’t even come a little undone. So a zipped pocket is effective 100% of the time that it’s used.

ROUNDABOUND.

^One tiny little distraction and you're causing someone to need reconstructive surgery on their face. But, then, I guess having your phone on a ride is more important.

If your zipper pocket isn’t zipped it’s not a zipper pocket at that point. That’s like saying the zipper on your pants doesn’t keep your junk from falling out because you didn’t zip it.

And my point was that SV isn’t an exception to the effectiveness of a properly used zipper pocket. It doesn’t have themed hands that unzip pockets. Personally, I think it’s unfortunate that a few dumbasses ruin this for everyone. But that’s the way of the world today. A few bad apples spoil the whole damn bunch. But if CP says no phones in line, then no phones in line.

ROUNDABOUND.

Zoug68 said:

^Mine flew out of my zipper pocket ... due to me...

...not securing your loose article.

I'm responsible with my phone. Before I'm even next to board, my loose articles are secured and they stay that way until I disembark.

But, then, I guess knowing exactly what time it is before you get on a ride is more important to you than securing your loose articles.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Yeah, it wasn’t the zipper pocket’s fault, it was your own fault. If you start making rules for every “what if” then amusement parks will just cease to exist alltogether.

“Sorry, Steel Vengeance is closed because the earth’s magnetic poles might flip today. Sorry for the inconvenience.”

Last edited by CPVet,

My Wrangler Jean cargo shorts, with velcro cargo pockets, holds a phone and keys just fine on SV, I have about 15 rides in this season, and haven't had one single issue. It's all on the rider and their responsibility, or lack thereof.

CPVet said:

If you start making rules for every “what if” then amusement parks will just cease to exist alltogether.

*with everyone in the room, harmoniously* "then amusement parks will just cease to exist."

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

djDaemon said:

I'm responsible with my phone.

You're my hero!

I won’t call myself responsible with my phone, I’ll call myself paranoid. Even in a zippered pocket, I find myself putting my hand on it (or my wallet/keys) for the duration of the ride just so I can be sure it’s there and doesn’t move.

Last edited by e x i t english,

e x i t english said:

... I find myself putting my hand on it (or my wallet/keys) for the duration of the ride ...

Wait a minute....you don't put your hands up when you ride?

When I want to know the time, I don't take my phone out, I look at my watch. It's on my wrist. It stays on my wrist, even when I put my hands up.

^Thats how I text message and make phone calls now too.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

e x i t english said:

...I’ll call myself paranoid.

This is actually a much better description. I probably look like a lunatic when I'm getting ready to board, about to dispatch, riding, and even when disembarking, because I will pat myself down numerous times to be sure everything is where it should be. "Spectacles, testicles, wallet, and watch."

Brandon

^ Ha! I do the same self-pat-down too when leaving the house and again in the parking lot before I enter my destination. And of course before I ride. It’s just good practice.

^^^^ I never did understand putting your hands up on a coaster. I remember the first time I saw it done was in advertisements for the new Screaming Eagle at SFSL . I’ll occasionally go hands up just to fit in but it adds nothing to the ride.

Losing keys is my biggest fear. I keep a set clipped to my belt, and another locked in the car. If I should lose my keys, at least security (or a rock) can get me access to my spare set and I can drive home.

I used to do the keys clipped to the belt thing, until somehow Banshee at KI managed to eat the keys, while leaving the carabiner attached to my belt loop. I still can't figure out how that happened, but since then, keys have also gone into a zippered pocket on rides.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Can you imagine being in line for the first year of Gemini 40 years ago finding out that in the future people who have never met in person will be debating the fairness of not being allowed to bring a phone on the new roller coaster.

Zoug68 said:
^One tiny little distraction and you're causing someone to need reconstructive surgery on their face. But, then, I guess driving a car is more important.

I fixed that for you...

Point being, a tiny little distraction can have huge consequences anywhere. And yes I know a cell phone is a huge distraction in a car, too.

ROUNDABOUND.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service