2019 Teasing Begins...

Yeah, I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that CP isn’t getting anything for 2019 and instead will be saving up for 2020. I wouldn’t be surprised if all we saw was some general improvements to CCMR and that’s it. In a way, what CP gets in 2019 is a test to see just how big 2020 will be.

DRE420 said:

...or, there is simply nothing new for 2019.

CPFanboy said:

Yeah, I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that CP isn’t getting anything for 2019...

When was the last time the park did literally no improvements/additions?

Brandon

I mentioned the upgrades to CCMR. That would be an improvement. IMO I just don’t see anything else, and quite honestly I hope we don’t see anything else because that tells you they are saving up to do something massive in 2020 because we know CP is typically known for adding something new every year.

Joke is on us! We’re speculating and being setup for disappointment like the other park in Ohio :)

It's only disappointment if you let it be. :)

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

2020 will not be a disappointment. Mark my words. Lol

Consider them marked.

Yeah, there will definitely be disappointment. There literally always is. A fair number of folks here were disappointed that SV wasn't opening for the 2017 season, a truth that was utterly self-evident from the very beginning of MS' dismantling. It wasn't enough that CP was finally getting an RMC. It was disappointing because they weren't getting it right this minute.

And expecting "something massive" is, in my opinion, the most-surefire way set oneself up for disappointment.

Brandon

Yeah I highly doubt CP will add “nothing” next year but I doubt it will be a big huge announcement last. Probably a new restaurant in place of witches wheel, start of demolition of cedars (possibly start of a 2 year marina revamp) and continued revamp of frontier town if something big is happening with CCMR in 2020.

TwistedWicker77 said:
Joke is on us! We’re speculating and being setup for disappointment like the other park in Ohio :)

And how is that exactly? Nobody here has been so sure about anything as those fellow KI fans were about Son of Beast returning, I know I haven't anyhow. Maybe you will be disappointed, but I won't.

djDaemon said:

When was the last time the park did literally no improvements/additions?

They always make improvements/additions in the off season in some way. I was more referring to a new attraction.

Last edited by DRE420,

Cp is doing something next year. Tony already announced that they will finish the tunnel effects in Maverick. Isn't that enough?

Nope, I want a splashdown that leads to an underground tunnel. 😂 (sarcasm)

A year in which Cedar Point does "nothing," would be a great year for the park to refurbish some of those bathrooms! Here's hoping that 2019 is the year in which we no longer have to wash our hands within the 15 seconds allotted by the 1970's push buttons on the sinks.

Tall and fast not so much upside down...

I would definitely welcome some bathroom enhancements. That 15 seconds of cold water on a cold October day sure is refreshing 😏

DRE420 said:

And how is that exactly? Nobody here has been so sure about anything as those fellow KI fans were about Son of Beast returning, I know I haven't anyhow. Maybe you will be disappointed, but I won't.

Ummm, are you okay?

#1, it was a joke (hence the smiley face at the end) #2, I won’t be disappointed with any upgrades, additions, or attractions for next year. Considering all of the improvements CP has received these past few years, I’m all for leaving these improvement in the hands of Planning and Design.

I’m simply saying that the “clue” about CCMR improvements COULD turn out to be a tease to throw everybody off. Same with the PWE return tease. Like DJ said, there will be disappointment from people no matter what.

Once again, it was a joke. Nothing to get worked up over, boss :)

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

Now when someone has a post on what they would like to see happen the response is "Whole" or "You will be disappointed".

Unless it naturally falls under what you think will happen. Then it must be true!

Fascinating.

TwistedWicker77 said:

Ummm, are you okay?
#1, it was a joke (hence the smiley face at the end)
Once again, it was a joke. Nothing to get worked up over, boss :)

Yep, I'm just fine, thanks for asking.
My apologies if I mistook your comment as serious. You said "Joke is on us" implying that we are expecting something huge for next season, which simply isn't true. Have we speculated? Absolutely. Speculation is far from expectations. The only people that will be disappointed, will be those that expect something, which I haven't seen here on PB. That is my whole point. Those people down at KI expected the return of SOB, and allowed themselves to be letdown.

Last edited by DRE420,

Antique cars though!!

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Jason Mcclure just posted a couple pictures of frontier trail and tony commented that was a weird place to stop. I believe it was the locations of the Fort Sandusky and the shops right after the tunnel under millennium. Any thoughts?

He's probably just talking about the new Trail of the Forsaken scare zone and the Skeleton Key rooms. Part of me really wishes they were talking about blueprints for a GCI queue and station on Frontier Trail, but I highly doubt it.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service