2019 Teasing Begins...

RCMAC said:

It was a kids-only kind of thing, but fun to watch.

It was more fun to play in. As a wee little tyke, I always looked forward to it when I went there.

Seems like ccmr is closer to going back to 5 trains, Based on the newest teasers, but why? Is that even remotely necessary? Maybe a new style train?

First ride; Magnum 1994

So what about that poster makes people think it's for KI? I don't see it.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Is it the one with the Beast station rendering?

Did anybody mention where these posters/teasers are available at? I think I missed it.

I am not sure where they keep popping up at, but CP Food Blog (via Facebook) seems to keep finding them and posting them as they emerge. Here is the latest I saw from them:

Now, if you look at the bottom of the photo it says 19.69.20.19; 1969 was Mine Ride's first year, so it would seem to be suggesting that the an update to Mine Ride is on the way for 2019. Or it's just a red herring. OR, it could mean that 1969 - 2019 is the life of Mine Ride, and that next year will be its last season with an expansion coming for 2020.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

These are located in the windows of the train crossing gate building right by the Gemini bathrooms....shady hollow area

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

This is getting interesting, although part of me wonders if some CP intern was sent to peruse the forums for ideas to troll the hell out of us.

Am I correcting in assuming the picture above is of Mine Ride before the shed was built around the transfer track?

I am cautiously optimistic that this means CCMR will be getting an update, hopefully with new trains and perhaps updated scenery/theming (yeah yeah I know it's CP).

I am also aware that there is a good sized segment who are in the "TAER IT DOWN!1!" camp who will hate it.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Would love if CCMR received updated/new/comfortable trains. That said, would also like to see it re-tracked or torn out and replaced. It’s 50 years have been a great run. Next.

RMC gonna update this one too?

An update to the ride would go along with recent frontier town upgrades if this area of the park is the focus of a multi year improvement.

First ride; Magnum 1994

A couple things

My prediction for the Mine ride area would be 2019 is the last year for its. They will remove it and replace it with a GCI for the big 150th. Also dinos alive will probably be discontinued so it will probably span to MF island.

Different topic is Cedars. They have started building new employee housing off site and it has been confirmed from inside sources (no, I am not one of THOSE people) that cedars is being removed this off season. That has to start some speculation for will replace. I heard it is for future development so I am assuming perimeter road will be re routed. The road around cedars is kind of awkward as it is since Valravn.

Looks exactly the same to me...

I think the sign makes it very obvious that a Mine Ride refurbishment is in the works. It would make sense to make it a true family attraction with a lower height limit and roomier trains while possibly changing and expanding the layout. I'm not one to believe that a CGI coaster is replacing Mine Ride, I think Mine Ride might be lengthened to take up some room where the dinos are with some theming and special effects. Make it a slower coaster that is more of an adventure for the whole family. If five trains are to run the rails again, it might indicate a longer track.

As for Cedars, I also heard it is being demolished in the off season but it won't be park expansion, rather the land will be used for the Marina (thumbs up if true).

Last edited by Pete,

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I agree. Since valravn went in the idea of using Ceders area for the park kinda died and using it for the Marina is a good idea. That would allow them to really improve another aspect of their park as a whole, after the hotel upgrades and ride improvements.

First ride; Magnum 1994

What are the top priorities for marina improvements?

PyroKinesis09 said:

RMC gonna update this one too?

Not sure RMC would be the best choice for any ride considering operating 5 trains....

Promoter of fog.

About the Marina, I have heard a rumor about significant changes coming to the main pier and the Famous Dave's building with the demolition of Cedars making that possible. Sort of like the new replacing the old. Of course rumors are just like info from the Lemon Chill guy, take what I said with a large grain of salt.

Last edited by Pete,

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

That would be welcome news for the marina if it does happen . It's about the only part of the park that hasn't gotten any love over the last 10 years. A remodel of Bay Harbor and the marina pool would be very welcomed too.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

And more...

Like Pete said, take everything with a grain of salt. A very big one. That said...could some type of return of the Paddlewheel Excursions also be a possibility? The waves could swing in that direction...

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service