2019 Teasing Begins...

Thank you Jimmy! Yeah, I have so many stories from working that ride. It was by far the two best summers of my life. I'm always happy to answer questions or talk about the ride and my experiences there. Eventually, I'll get around to putting up a video of one of my trips on YouTube. I have them on VHS and need to get them converted to digital.

Captain Matt said:

Eventually, I'll get around to putting up a video of one of my trips on YouTube. I have them on VHS..

Google it kids.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

As I recall, Paddlewheel was also rumored for removal in 2010 when Shoot the Rapids was built. The new bridge for Shoot the Rapids was made to be high enough that Paddlewheel continued to operate.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

jimmyburke said:

As for CCMR, there is little doubt that it is need of something to re-energize it. Too often I hear young riders expressing how slow and boring it is. Not to mention the complaints from riders of all ages how it hurts them. It is an agonizingly slow loader, even with the efficient crews with Jake & Jacob. It is quite evident it will get something per those posters about 5 trains & 1969 2019. I look forward to what it evolves into.

I'm trying to imagine any scenario in which it makes sense to invest in CCMR, and nothing makes even a little bit of sense.

• Five Train Operation - Assuming modern safety protocols would even allow for this without constant stacking, how often is this much capacity worth the investment?
  • Enhanced Theme Elements - Would something so relatively minor have meaningful ROI?
  • Modified Layout - Ignoring for a moment that the OEM no longer exists, and that the fabrication process is, to my knowledge, a "lost art," it makes no sense to invest so heavily in such a limited way. Why spend that kind of money while being under severe limitations in what can be done? Even very minor modifications to the track/layout would be costly enough to make a clean slate product far more desirable.

Given the hints, which mostly seem focused on restoring "mining operations" to their former glory, it seems more likely that the ride will close after next season, and new mine-themed coaster will take its place. Something like Mystery Mine would seem like a good fit for both the park's needs and the hints so far.

Brandon

Red Garter Rob... what do you mean Google it? There is a Captain Matt video for Paddlewheel up there but that was my roommate, not me. Is that what you're referring to?

My guess is Red Garter Rob means to google the term 'VHS' because that's becoming a term you rarely hear anymore...

... unless you're Rideman ;)

Ahhh gotcha that makes sense. I'm extra slow today. LOL

djDaemon said:
[

Given the hints, which mostly seem focused on restoring "mining operations" to their former glory, it seems more likely that the ride will close after next season, and new mine-themed coaster will take its place. Something like Mystery Mine would seem like a good fit for both the park's needs and the hints so far.

PLEASE don't wish for one of those! Mystery Mine is awful.

^Awfully fun and well-themed. :)

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

^Out of the 72 coasters I rode on the same trip I rode that, it ranked #71 making it only slightly better than Wildcat at Lake Compounce. I don't care how cool the theming is, it's too jerky and the shoulder harnesses suck. My top 6 coasters are no family coasters, but they don't screw up my neck like that horrible ride did. If you have the slightest neck or back issues, or even THINK you might, avoid Mystery Mine. I would rather ride the worst Vekoma SLC.

Last edited by Zoug68,

^Hopefully a new and IMPROVED Mystery Mine-like ride with no neck jerking and head bashing. I would love something with theming.

Enjoying the Ohio park on the shores of beautiful Lake Erie since the mid-1970s!

If Mine Ride is really on its way out, I hope it is replaced by intermediate coaster, such as Firechaser Express at Dollywood. Cedar Point has enough thrill coasters for the time being. I think their line-up of family or intermediate coasters is weak Let's face it, it is really former thrill coasters that have become intermediate coasters...Blue Streak, Corkscrew, Iron Dragon and maybe even Gemini to a degree (when compared to thrill coasters of today). Mine Ride was probably built as a family coaster, but its time has come. It's 50 years old, a boring layout by today's standards, and that spot needs a refresher.

Zoug68 said:
PLEASE don't wish for one of those! Mystery Mine is awful.

Note that I said "something like" MM. The only reason I use MM as an example is because of the reference to 5 trains. There are very few coaster types that support 5 train operation, Gerstlauer Euro-Figthers being one of them.

All that said, yours is only one opinion. Besides, whatever shortcomings MM may have aren't necessarily going to be true of other Euro-Fighter coasters.

Brandon

Just slap down another B&M coaster and call it a day.

djDaemon said:

Something like Mystery Mine would seem like a good fit for both the park's needs and the hints so far.

YES! Mystery Mine is an excellent choice. I would love if CP brought something like it to the fold. Why the hate Zoug?

Last edited by DRE420,

Canada's Wonderland today, Kings Island tomorrow...Cedar Point can't be too far behind.

Promoter of fog.

Any info on what time that kings island announcment will be and if its in the park? The only reason I ask is that I'll be at Kings Island tomorrow.

2 PM

The announcement will take place in the Festhaus if you're there.

"Something old becomes something new"...

An old ride is returning to the lineup, but which one?

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Antique cars. I don't think Kings Island is getting anything major...would have been big clues by now.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service