2019 Teasing Begins...

Cedar Point also has a new record-breaking roller coaster that may be fun, but was technically never finished (no 3 train operation with 1,200 passenger/hr) and is VERY unreliable still...and it crashed (GP perception) on opening day.

DRE420 said:

^^ I find it hard to believe that what Dollywood is adding would draw more attendance numbers than a record breaking rollercoaster like Steel Vengeance. There are obviously other factors at work here.

For what it's worth, we booked a week-long trip for there next year. That said, we haven't been there since Wild Eagle's first year, so it's not simply next year's addition that is calling us back to the Smokies, but rather the impressive lineup of additions the past few seasons (both thrilling and family-focused) that sealed the deal.

Dollywood has one of the finest blends of extreme thrills and true family rides (a la Firechaser Express), and Wilderness Grove is only going to make it even more appealing.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

All I’m saying is that for essentially the last 20 years all the park has added I record breaking roller coasters, and any family friendly additions are nothing more than what you’d find at the IX Indoor Amusement Park. Dolly is adding something innovative, unique, and the whole family can enjoy it. Honestly, a state of the art indoor or even outdoor play structure would do wonders, and are next to nothing to build. I can tell you that the indoor climate controlled playground going in next year at Dollywood is where you’ll find my kids.

I’ve been saying for years that a playground in Millennium Forces old overflow queue would greatly alleviate parents waiting with small children for the bigger kids to get off the ride.

I think Cedar Point should find someplace to squeeze in one of those multi-level foam ball shootem' up things like the one Six Flags put in a Geauga Lake. That thing was awesome for all ages.

Paisley, what are you talking about? I remember a bit of Geauga lake when I was younger, but I don't remember that..

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

I remember the play structure that was on the old Sea world side. Don’t remember any foam ball Shooting things. I’d like to think I remember quite a lot of that park from 1987-2007

Maverick since '99

When Six Flags re-did the area that used to be The Wave they loaded it with kids rides, many of which eventually made their way to CP’s Planet Snoopy. In that area was also one of those little multi-story buildings that was full of foam balls. The kids could play with and throw em, or put them in air cannons for safe shooting. They could also deposit them in bins that had those conveyor lifts to take the balls to upper platforms where there were more cannons.
It was a kids-only kind of thing, but fun to watch.

Sounds just slightly less contagious than a McDonald’s ball pit.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Did Six Flags pay someone to wash their balls?

Could it be any worse than the “bacteria and filth” filled Thunder Canyon?

Naegleria fowleri id be more concerned about:

https://www.webmd.com/brain/brain-eating-amoeba

The balls wouldn't have been any dirtier than the restraints on any ride. We lived through it.

My grandmother used to say “everyone eats a cup of dirt”.

My grandfather said he ate over a ton of dirt every day.

—Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

I remember eating dirt on purpose. Only once. It was the neighbor kid's idea. I wasn't impressed or grossed out either at the time. Washed it down with iced tea...once was enough...

Okay, latest speculation on the number 137. It may actually be the date 7/31. With announcements at each Cedar Fair park teasing up coming attractions.

7/31, Like 11 days ago?

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

There is another sign up that says "Lakefront Parcels Available" with an aerial picture of the park including the corner that has part of the Marina and Cedars. Pretty strong clue that Cedars is coming down this off season.

It may also be referring to the former Sandcastle site. I just walked by there today and the new campsites only take up the Breakwater area and part of the former parking lot. The land left over is the entire Sandcastle site and the east part of the parking lot. I really see an upscale boutique hotel going on that site for 2020, maybe a Fort Wilderness type place to tie in with the rustic decor of the cabins.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Pete said:

There is another sign up that says "Lakefront Parcels Available" with an aerial picture of the park including the corner that has part of the Marina and Cedars. Pretty strong clue that Cedars is coming down this off season.

It may also be referring to the former Sandcastle site. I just walked by there today and the new campsites only take up the Breakwater area and part of the former parking lot. The land left over is the entire Sandcastle site and the east part of the parking lot. I really see an upscale boutique hotel going on that site for 2020, maybe a Fort Wilderness type place to tie in with the rustic decor of the cabins.

The campsites are getting a front row seat for the nightly fireworks display.

XS NightClub said:

7/31, Like 11 days ago?

Speculation withdrawn, lol

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service