2019 Teasing Begins...

I read that as a KI tease, not a CP tease.

Brandon

Here is a link to the poster, sorry I shrunk it down because it is so long but it goes to CP Food Blog's FB page.

https://bit.ly/2OvXiRg

Pretty peculiar if you ask me. It seemingly has references that would point to Cedar Point, but people who know better say it shows The Beast station at KI.

I really have no idea what to make of it.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

There is enough there to infer a SOB revival: the crate, Outpost 5 etc. but that just seems insanely fantastical to me.

Interesting that all of these signs are speculated to be teasing for other parks. While I certainly do not expect anything new in 2019 for Cedar Point, I’m curious to know if they’ve been this aggressive about inter-park hints before?

One thing that I think might be referencing CP is the top part of the poster. No one seems to be talking about what the “6919 site” might mean. Did some research and found that CCMR opened In 69. Could this be referencing CCMR being removed in 2019 to make way for 2020? Cedar Creek Mine Ride 1969-2019?

Happy 50th birthday, Mine Ride! Here's your birthday candle!

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

"6919 site" is a big clue that the Mine Ride site is being redeveloped for 2019. Number 5 is alive I think references Mine Ride train number 5 that has not been used in years. Mine Ride originally ran 5 trains, the picture of the object with the "5" on it sure looks a lot like the numbers used on the Mine Ride trains. So does "formulating a plan to bring number 5 back into service" mean a redo and enhancement of Mine Ride or does "track is no longer in use and has been permanently abandoned" mean that the ride is history?

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

CPFanboy said:

One thing that I think might be referencing CP is the top part of the poster. No one seems to be talking about what the “6919 site” might mean. Did some research and found that CCMR opened In 69. Could this be referencing CCMR being removed in 2019 to make way for 2020? Cedar Creek Mine Ride 1969-2019?

Read this on another website, but people have said that if you flip it over to 6169, you could say it is 6-16-09, which allegedly was the last day Son of Beast was open. Wikipedia confirms that for what it's worth.

It seems to me this is referencing KI, whether it leads to something or is simply fluff we will have to wait to see.

Last edited by operative_me,

-Craig

Or if you squint your eyes enough 6169 could be interpreted as GIGA. 😆

Hasn’t there already been a teaser posted at CP that more than likely references CW’s dive coaster for next season.

New blog post from Tony regarding the removal of witches wheel.

Last edited by DRE420,

Bummer...... :(

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

But what could possibly fit on such a small footprint, a new flat ride I'd assume. Why now though? Why not a few years back when the Gemini midway was redone?

#RIPWitchesWheel

I predict for 2019 some new landscaping and possibly a game. They always are able to staff the games.

Last edited by operative_me,

-Craig

DRE420 said:

But what could possibly fit on such a small footprint, a new flat ride I'd assume. Why now though? Why not a few years back when the Gemini midway was redone?

I would venture to guess maintenance costs going up. Valleyfair's was removed two seasons ago too I believe.

With the removal of Witches' Wheel, I think it is much more likely that Mine Ride won't be touched in 2019, or at the very least, it won't be removed. The chances of that 2020 GCI just went up.

Can someone put all the Cedar Creek Mining Company posters that have been seen in one place/link, please? I believe there's been four so far, correct me if I'm wrong?

I'm going to guess skyhawk moves to the witches wheel spot. Mine ride and snake river falls get removed. The museum is getting a remodel from what I understand. Then a giant woodie and possible something else like a log flume will go into that massive piece of land.

I don’t think Skyhawk could work in that location. The swings could get dangerously close to Gemini.

I'm bummed about WW, I will miss it very much. Two rides last week will probably be my last.

The Kings Island teaser is exciting, I think.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service