2019 Teasing Begins...

Would not be at all surprised to see a Planet Snoopy expansion and that's it. Maybe a flat also like a Mondial Top Scan, but likely just Planet Snoopy IMO.

Last edited by Grobble,

Not to turn this into a “wishful” tread, but I would love to see a nice spectator flat come soon. Top Spins are my favorite to watch because you never know which program is being ran. It’s alwags fun to watch everybody’s reaction.

Dvo said:

Shawn Meyer said:

Hmm....I know Raptor is 137 feet tall. Can't think of anything else that uses that number besides Raptor.

Isn't your favorite ride 137 feet tall, Rougadude?

The height is 145 feet tall and has a drop of 137 feet. ;)

Communications plan? Maybe they’re trying to build a communication plan that conveys to their audience why they’re doing what they’re doing regarding the cell phone policy, to avoid losing their audience?

Or community planting project: Cedar Point will plant one tree in Sandusky for every cell phone that dies on SV. The goal, zero ;)

Last edited by SRE123,

Would love to see Magnum's track and cars updated for 2019. Would be great for the 30th anniversary.

Other than that, I see CP focusing mostly on throwback images and videos and what not playing throughout the park maybe. More of a nostalgic "look how far we've come theme." Maybe updates to the kid's area, and maybe removal of dinosaurs for a small ride.

2020 I'm predicting removal or moving of the Wicked Twister and building a 500-foot roller coaster along the shore and where the stadium used to be.

Cedar Point if you're reading these forums, please don't get rid of Rougarou. Please just update it like I mentioned in the thread, "If you could change a ride layout".

My biggest wish for 2019 is for a properly operating (three trains, midcourse set up as a block, better/faster train movement behind the station, etc) Steel Vengeance. Probably not something they need to worry about in their communication plan, but it would certainly be nice.

I'd expect continued improvements to food, hopefully some changes to Live E after this year, and if there's a ride, it will probably be of the large flat or family variety. What i think would really be great as far as a next coaster is something along the lines of Firechaser Express with a low height requirement, but enough of a theme/thrill that it isn't totally lame for parents to ride with their kids. A working log flume with a low height requirement would be cool too and cater to the same demographic.

-Matt

^^ Why would they get rid of Rougarou?

^ because it’s the worst ride in the park.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

nick4bty said:
Would love to see Magnum's track and cars updated for 2019.

I’m going to pretend I didn’t read this.

XS NightClub said:
^ because it’s the worst ride in the park.

Corkscrew would like to have a word with you...

As for 2019, I could see the removal of the dorms over by the new stunt show/former Luminosity area and the addition of some flat rides or even a family coaster followed by a kick-butt Gravity Group woodie for 2020.

kylepark said:

nick4bty said:
Would love to see Magnum's track and cars updated for 2019.

I’m going to pretend I didn’t read this.

Lol. The ride is still among the best in the park but it's rough as could be nowadays.

I love Rougarou. Can't understand the hatred that some have for it. As long as I keep my head forward I get no headbanging or maybe 1 or 2 small instances. The first half before the mid course is really fun. Second half has always been blah, but it's fun overall. I like it more than Dominator or Bizarro, not as much as Hydra (only 4 floorless I've ridden).

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

For 2019:
1. Effects back in Magnum tunnels
2. Maybe a new flat ride or Kiddie Kingdom refurbishment?

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

A couple of ideas have been floating around my head recently for 2019 and 2020 projects.

1. Give Magnum the Steel Dragon 2000 treatment. Get two seat-across B&M trains, new effects in the tunnels, and general upkeep. As long as the trains can still deliver Magnum's legendary airtime while decreasing roughness, I'd be happy with them.

2. Remove Snake River Falls, Dinosaurs Alive, and Shoot the Rapids leftovers for a ground-up GCI.

3. This came to me in a dream, and it's pretty unrealistic, but dreams all try to tell us something. Remove Corkscrew and Power Tower, build a Zumanjaro-like drop tower on TTD, and build a ground-up B&M flyer over the midway. I don't really like the idea, but it's an interesting alternative.

4. Ship Wicked Twister to CGA, move Giant Wheel again (not sure where), and build a 500-foot-tall skycoaster. I originally thought that they would use the land from Aquatics stadium as well, but I think Fire & Ice might be a good long-term investment for the park's entertainment line-up.

I think it's time for Cedar Point to steal some shtick from the Magic Kingdom and introduce a weekly fireworks show that has perimeter effects.

Something like this... every red dot is a launching barge.

It would be incredible.

Oooooo! Before I read your post I saw the red dots and thought this would be great for water taxis. Of course not that many stops. I'm thinking Marina, Lighthouse Point, former Sandcastle site (whatever they're building there), Breakers/CPS, parking lot by Gate Keeper and maybe tie them in with one that goes to Castaway Bay and Sports Force.

Last edited by SRE123,

That sounds awesome. I would like to see a flying coaster in 2020. They could put it in frontier town, and theme it to a flying machine built by professor Delbert and add more to the SV storyline. Basically he elected you to help him test out a new flying machine.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Since this has turned into another wish list thread...

• Remove Corkscrew and replace with a custom Gerstlauer Infinity coaster. With a vertical lift hill you can save space and fit it in, include new corkscrews over the midway for people who'll b*tch about nostalgia and give it one of those amazing lighting packages. (this is currently my number 1 dream for the park)
  • Add 2-3 new modern flats, the last 3 added to CW would be amazing to have throughout the park. Maybe even on the land currently occupied by Corkscrew if a replacement coaster is out of the question.
  • Expand Planet Snoopy with a small Gravity Group family woodie like Oscar's Wacky Taxi that just opened this year, but designed for 2 trains. Keep the height restriction low, 40-42" with adult for example.
  • New "classic" log flume to replace Snake River Falls.

Any of these options would make me a happy camper if they happen between 2019-2021.

Looking forward to see what the park has up their sleeve for 2019.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service