Steel Vengeance

Aside from the cell phone talk; any updates with regards to 3-train operation?

EDIT: I guess there have been no updates.

The Early Entry change (not opening early on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday) was supposed to last until through July 12th. I'm assuming that now it's been open for Early Entry each day?

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

^Correct. Thats over.

Last edited by haiderodes01,

Ok, get ready for a rant. I cannot be the only one who feels this way. First off, for anyone who wants to label me a "hater", I love Cedar Point. You could even call me a maniac. I have loved every new coaster they've built since I started going (Mantis/Rougarou, ehhh). Anyway, I made my first trip this year Tues, Wed, & Thurs. Had been looking so forward to riding SV and after my trip, I have to say it is one of the 2 worst coasters I've ever been on, the other being Son of Beast at KI. This thing is beyond painful. A lot of people complain about how painful Magnum has gotten with the air time bunny hills and I agree, but this thing makes Magnum feel like puppies sitting on your lap. Does no one else feel the same? I rode 4 times, once in the front seat, twice in the middle and once in the back and it was the same every time. The only thing I could do was grip the handles and try and pull hard to hold myself down over every hill to lessen the blows to my legs but then I was worn out by the end. You shouldn't have to exert that much of an effort on a ride. Horrible experience, and it's a huge surprise for me to say that CP has built a coaster that I will never get on again.

I agree with you about the pain of SV. I rode it multiple times last week in different seats to try to find a more comfortable ride. It didn’t matter where I sat, but the tighter the restraints the better. As I went up the hill I push them down even further and that did help. Those small bunny hills at the end are a killer. I still have bruises!

Different people have different experiences on different rides. Name a ride in the park (or any park) and you will someone who views it as their favorite ride and someone else who views it as their most hated ride. Some people find given rides very comfortable and others do not. Same ride. Just different people with different experiences. One of the reasons they build different types of rides, right?

Agreed, the tighter the restraints, the better. I tried to get the ride operator to push the bar down as hard as he possibly could but his English wasn't great and I don't think he fully understood what I was trying to get across. He did push it down pretty hard but it was still extremely painful.

It’s called,... getting old.

I envision a nice comfortable Buick in your future.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I was at the park on Monday (up from Charlotte, NC) after a family reunion of sorts the day before. We had a group of 15 with us, and all but 4 rode SV. Speaking for myself, from a mid 50's age perspective, the ride is perfect! There isn't anything that I'd change (other than 3 train operation) although the longest I had to wait on Monday was about 50 minutes. I rode it 3 times, including right before the park closed, which was utterly amazing!

The group that I was with, including a slightly younger sister and brother -in- law, my daughter & son, a few nieces and nephews, all loved it and thought it was simply spectacular!

As with most things in life, perception along with beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. :)

Last edited by mijmic616,

XS NightClub said:

It’s called,... getting old.

I envision a nice comfortable Buick in your future.

No, stop. The only reason I drive a Buick at the age of 21 is because my grandma got her keys taken away several years ago, and I happened to be the grandson who needed a car at the time.

Last edited by TheMissingLincc,

# of rainy back row night rides after the park closes on Steel Vengeance: 1

You can't drive a Buick until you have owned a Chevy first, can you?

I don't know. I didn't question it at the time. But I've not yet been smitten with the wrath of God for such an egregious offense as going out of order with my car ownership... So I might be in the clear.

# of rainy back row night rides after the park closes on Steel Vengeance: 1

GoBucks89 said:

Different people have different experiences on different rides. Name a ride in the park (or any park) and you will someone who views it as their favorite ride and someone else who views it as their most hated ride. Some people find given rides very comfortable and others do not. Same ride. Just different people with different experiences. One of the reasons they build different types of rides, right?

This.

I have yet to have a comfortable ride on anything using Millennium Flyer trains, based on the precise location of where the restraint sits for me, specifically. Steel Vengeance is a bit better, at least until those bunny hills at the end. Being thrown forward into the restraints is definitely uncomfortable.

Maverick since '99

Very much agreed. The same can be said for Arrow loopers. I think I'm in the very small minority of people that enjoys the jerkiness of them (at least for the most part). I think the transitions, or lack thereof, are really silly, and mostly just make me laugh as I'm going through the course. I don't think anyone likes Magnum for the smooth rides it gives. It's the crazy airtime hills that are painful to some, but very enjoyable to others. Just depends what you're looking for in a coaster. I completely agree that SV is significantly more intense, but to me that makes it amazing.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Cedar Point has plenty of "comfortable" rides if you don't like Steel Vengeance. It was not designed to be that kind of ride. And I'm happy it's there. The smooth B & M's and Millennium Force are great but to me they get kind of dull after a while.

Sometimes you need a ride that lets you know you've ridden it other then a bug splattered on your glasses.

To being an "us" for once - instead of a "them"

I have experienced the thigh pain described on occasion on the ride (about 1 out of 4 rides). I think it happens when the restraint is not down far enough. If I start experiencing the discomfort, I put my hand over top of the bar and tuck my fingers under the restraint and against my thighs. It seems to help solve the problem. The 3 or 4 great rides easily makes up for the one less comfortable ride.

Sorry to break up the ongoing discussion but as we are visiting the park in 2 weeks, are there any news about 3 train operations? I read somewhere that they might not be ready until Halloweekends, which seems to be very late for all the testing they have done in the last few weeks....

I guess I must be in the right size/proportion category to avoid issues. I'm 61 and have zero issues with SV. There is one trasnition in the second half of the ride that can slam your right side in the right hand seat but other than that...no issues.

I can certainly see where the restraint system could certainly cause problems for some, particular in the thigh or lower leg area.

Would I want to marathon SV? Probably not. But 4 or 5 rides in a day works for me.

Side note, I'm in the camp that 3 train operation (if it happens this year) won't happen until daily operations stop or for Halloweekends.

Brace yourself with the grab bars! It’s the only way I can enjoy the experience. Push against them as if your pushing yourself into the seat because there’s no restraints. The ending is impossibly tight, ejecting, relentless. Brace for it!

^^^Tried that, did not work. Maybe it's the restraints. I'm a big guy and maybe the bars hit me differently than some other people. I don't know. Oh well, if I don't ride it, that's just one less person to stand in line behind for those of you who love it. Have fun!

As much as I love Steel Vengeance, it sometimes does get painful because the lap bar locks down another level while the ride is in motion. Does this ever happen to any of you guys?

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service