Steel Vengeance

I got started late, but I was able to lose 10 lbs over the last 3-4 weeks after starting a better exercise habit, along with better eating (much like what Zoug68 said), and not only am I feeling better, but I am ready to enjoy the Point in 2 weekends without too much issue.

Happy to hear about 2 trains, but I bet wait time will be just as long now that fast pass will probably come back.

MDOmnis said:

Does anyone know what the countdown on the monitor in the station starts at and when it starts?

This morning the countdown started at 85 and this was with two train op. They did a great job hitting that interval. The countdown started counting about when the gates opened to let guests into the train.

Last edited by HeyIsntThatRob?,

Someone is complaining over on coasterbuzz that the MCBR is slowing the train down quite a lot for the second half of the ride, anyone know if this is actually true?

I can confirm that I have read people online say it's trimming the ride. I'm pretty sure it's more about trimming overspeed than it is about trying to slow down the ride.

Maverick since '99

To me, 85 seconds of station time still seems too long compared to other big rides at CP which are mostly a minute or less. They should be able to knock that back to around 50-60 seconds and then figure out the proper dispatch point (where the previous train is on the course) from there to keep the spacing evened out. There's no need to wait until the previous one hits the brake run (this isn't Six Flags). Unless of course it's still taking a year and a day for the train to make it in from the first brake to the station in which case maybe they're doing as well as they can now and they either need to fix that movement into the station or get the third train on so they're not always waiting on a train to be there for them to load for so long.

The time it takes to load a train shouldn't change much whether there is one train, two trains, or three trains. That's why that countdown timer starting at different numbers when the train parks confuses me. What should change between one vs. two vs. three trains is the time the station is empty, not the time it takes to actually load it.

-Matt

CP Maverick said:

I can confirm that I have read people online say it's trimming the ride. I'm pretty sure it's more about trimming overspeed than it is about trying to slow down the ride.

My thoughts as well, but said disgruntled person seemed to think it was affected more than that. Though, seeing your response over there, you already know that. Also, this guy seems to not actually have experienced it, and is just speculating based upon the video, which is a bit ridiculous considering he is claiming that you are no longer getting any airtime coming off the brake run whatsoever.

Fast Lane Plus for SV resumes tomorrow.
https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/steel-vengeance-update---june-1

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

RIP any GP time gain in line. I would think ti would be running today for GP too? Should have of went if so, could have took advantage of what maybe hour waits?

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

I was hoping to see 3 trains before FL+ came back.

Maverick since '99

ImpulsivePhoenix said:
RIP any GP time gain in line. I would think ti would be running today for GP too? Should have of went if so, could have took advantage of what maybe hour waits?

For awhile earlier this afternoon waits were under 30 minutes. Once the sun came out wait times have gone way up.

I wonder how many FL users will be allowed per train? I'll probably just use my early entry time to ride SV. After that, I'll just ride everything else and hope most FL users spend their time in line for SV. Maybe Valravn will have the 15 minute maximum wait that it's worth.

CP Maverick said:

I was hoping to see 3 trains before FL+ came back.

Most definitely. The ratio that they had on opening day killed the general public line. I wished that they should be fully operational before re-instituting Fast Lane +, but I'm sure they have monetary considerations that need to be made.

-Miker-

Getting 2 rides in one hour during early entry might be possible though I am iffy about that. It would take getting pretty much on that first or second train, getting right back in line and the wait might just be 45 minutes before the GP comes. It very well could still be longer than that already after riding it first time though.

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

I will seriously be happy with 1 or 2 rides per day. I just wish they had a single rider line since each train only holds 24 people.

For those of you worried about the trimming in the midcourse, it is indeed slowing down a tad. But it honestly doesn't take much from the ride. The last half is just as fun as it was before.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

82 seconds does seem a little long to me too. However, maybe the crew can’t dispatch the ride until the one in front of it finishes the course for now.

Wicked Twister’s interval is 60 seconds. If the WT crew can dispatch that train in 60 seconds, SV crew can do it in the same amount of time IMO.

As long as the other train isn’t stopped on the brakes they aren’t losing capacity. The countdown timer might be reflecting that fact.

For you experts on here that know way more than I do, will the whole story ever come out regarding what exactly went wrong and why its taking so long to get 3 trains running? And if so, will it be months or years? I am just very curious...oh and a stock holder.

No. Never. Unitholders are not entitled to that information, just like you're not entitled to know what's new for next year.

(*Unless it was something incredibly minor, but that does not seem to be the case. Also, people may have claims for injuries from the collision so it would be insanely irresponsible from a legal standpoint.)

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service