Steel Vengeance

That looks like a CoasterMania Video Contest winner

ROUNDABOUND.

If I didn't already make one and submit it, I would totally do something like that. However, there's a little bit in my video that has more comedic relevance now than when I made it back in March. I just hope my video makes it to the final 3.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

So, apparently, SV needs Storm Chaser trains. We were able to put our own lap bars down and the seat belts were still accessible to the ride ops. The only issue today was ride ops having to do up seat belts and putting the lap bars down for empty seats... Several times I rode there might have been 6 riders. It's kind of ironic how Cedar Point is having to run 1 train but desperately needing 2 or 3 and KK was running 2 trains when they SHOULD have been running one. Lol

unintentionally hysterical...

At the park and can confirm that the new brakes are installed. So that's something. ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I saw that last night. Some progress is being made...

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Slowly. When I was there two weeks ago mechanics were having to push trains to the end of the brake run every so often. I read a report on Twitter from someone describing the same situation occurring this weekend, even with the new brakes. Seems like an odd thing to not have figured out by now.

I would think it would be solved by now if they didn't do single train operation every day and could just solely focus on getting it repaired.

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

Hey, slow progress is better than no progress. You're right, Impulsive. Focus on getting it repaired, then try to focus on programming the ride to run 3 trains. Or would it run 2 and only do 3 when the line is really long?

I'd rather be sailing

Right, but if they took the ride down until they were ready for multi train operation, way too many people would need to be made whole.

I just want to know would it run two trains for normal operation and three for when it got hairy...

Have you guys played planet coaster? Steel Vengeance is in it, and if you don't modify the MCBR, you can't run three trains.

I'd rather be sailing

Someone being disappointed doesn't mean they need to be made "Whole".

Good lord the cynicism.

Skyhawk06 said:

I just want to know would it run two trains for normal operation and three for when it got hairy...

Have you guys played planet coaster? Steel Vengeance is in it, and if you don't modify the MCBR, you can't run three trains.

Because Planet Coaster is an accurate representation of an amusement park?

Maverick since '99

When is last chance to get in line at night? (for 8pm park close)

Okay, I get it CP Maverick. PlanCo isn't an accurate representation of a real life theme park.

To answer your question PghCSTRfan, the lines cut off at the park's closing time so they can clear out the lines and shut off the rides. So if the park closes at 8 pm, the lines cut off at 8 pm. Also what does PghCSTR stand for?

I'd rather be sailing

Kennywood shuts down the phantom line like an hour before the park closes. thats why i ask

Cedar Point basically allows enough time for a customer to walk in the gate 5 minutes before close, and still get in line for any major ride.

Maverick since '99

Are you sure about that? The walk from the front gate to Maverick or Steel Vengeance would, or certainly could be more than 5-10 minutes. 15-20 in my case.

When I worked at the park a police officer would get in line promptly at 10p and no one was allowed in behind him. This was for the big, star attraction, Blue Streak! They did the same for Jumbo Jet and Corkscrew, if I recall correctly.
And the reason I remember this is that on our off nights we’d hang out and try to jump ahead of the cop to get in line for the very last train. I guess some coaster-tool habits haven’t changed.

I didn't specify front gate for a reason. If you walk in the park 5 min before close, you should be able to get in line by 5 min after close. That's usually when I see them shut down lines. (give or take a few minutes)

Maverick since '99

Oh, so what you really meant to say was the closest gate to each major attraction? If not then I’m still not getting it. How do you know about this rule?

What it is is that the ride lines shut off a little past closing time to let stragglers in and to avoid arguments about the exact time. It’s a little courtesy they don’t have to do. I just doubt anyone is timing walks from a gate and setting closing time accordingly.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service