Steel Vengeance

I have no recollection of the tunnel effects in the past. I was there in August of 2007 when I first rode Maverick. Were the effects gone by then? My next visit wasn't until 2013.

XS NightClub said:
Yes, this is why they felt the need to bring back the tunnel effects and liven up the old
Guy.
My old favorite coaster seems so tame now, but I still love him.

Glad you mentioned this. Rode SV 4 times today. Maverick has always been my favorite coaster in the world, but after riding SV not only is SV my number one.....it feels like it knocks Maverick past number 2 for me. It seems so tame in comparison. Maverick may have dropped to 3 or even 4.......since SV can do everything maverick does but in a more intense way and more of it......outside of the launch.

Odd. During the preview days, I immediately rode Maverick after exiting SV and felt like Maverick was still much more intense.

Maverick since '99

⬆️😳

I don’t know what to say... I mean it’s not like CP has had the chance to trim SV to death yet. Not sure how you would get a bum ride on it.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Having ridden SV at the preview events and also more recently I must say the ride is starting to break in and it’s running noticeably faster since the preview events. That could be why people’s initial rankings aren’t as high as they are now.

Still on one train dispatch and lines only 45 minutes reality? Must be posting high times to keep guests away, while also doing a good job keeping things moving. Wonder how fast they can be when 2 train operation returns.

im sure its a bit faster with 2, but the fast lane can really slow down the stand-by line, (like a lot)

Id like to see how the line can handle 3 trains (even w/ fast lane plus plus).

I thought they removed it from fast lane?

They did, but it's assumed that if/when they get back to multiple train operation, Fast Lane will return.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

The reason the lines are so short is they post the sign to be 3 hours. I get in line every time and i see a ton of people walk in and leave. I can tell a ton of people are catching onto it, and more will until they fix the issue. It would be awesome if they kept fastlane closed until next year but obviously they would get so much hate for that. I think they need to make the fastlane limit half of what it currently is. I will come in july and the dragster fast lane line is over an hour long. Less sold keeps the stand by lines shorter too. I do think it is a good system though because im sure Cedar Point’s demand for it keeps them investing back in the park.

SV ruins all other rides.

damarksta said:

Having ridden SV at the preview events and also more recently I must say the ride is starting to break in and it’s running noticeably faster since the preview events. That could be why people’s initial rankings aren’t as high as they are now.

Good to know. That's part of the reason I wouldn't give it a "ranking" or "rating" after my first ride. I'll be there Tuesday to form a better opinion of the ride.

Maverick since '99

This video shows some changes to the break work. The trains are coming to a complete stop earlier than before.

Cargo Shorts said:
This video shows some changes to the break work. The trains are coming to a complete stop earlier than before.

This must have happened last night. There is a massive difference in when the train stops today. Unfortunately dispatch times are about 20 seconds longer because of the brakes......it adds up when in line, but should be close to 2 trains running. Line are longer and moving slower today than yesterday.

I would think that when they run with 1 train they could program it to run with the brakes more open. Hopefully they are just testing the new program with 1 train and down the road they can revert to the more open version during 1 train ops.

Or better yet they are about to throw the 2nd and 3rd train on and don't have to worry about it!

Gemini 100- 6/11/01

It definitely looks like there's been a change. I also saw a picture on twitter of some brakes sitting outside the ride area. Not sure if they were the new ones or the ones that were replaced, but they looked like regular friction brakes, not magnetic.

Although the video shows there's definitely been a change in the behavior, it's hard to tell if it's an improvement or just a change. With only one train running, there really shouldn't be a need to bring a train to a complete stop on the first set of brakes since the block ahead is clear. With three trains running, it would definitely sometimes be necessary to completely stop one there. It may be that they've changed something in programming now to have it stop there even though the block ahead is clear as sort of a test to see how things go. To me, it seems like the train has always slowed down quite quickly, but it's stopping it that last little bit from a crawl that seems to be the issue. The bump did not occur way back where this video is talking about. It occurred at the back edge of the station. The train is by no means hauling ass there. It's more or less being pushed forward by the drive tires.

Although it's been a shame to see it happen, the whole saga is interesting. I'd love to know more of what went wrong and what the thought process is on fixing it.

-Matt

New breaks finally arriving should give it a fighting chance for multi trains opps this weekend. Im sure the loss in FL+ revenue is driving management crazy. Especially knowing they would sell them out this weekend,.

^I'm almost shedding a tear for their loss....boo fricking hoo.

I sure hope there are no new breaks. Any added or unintended breaks would require a complete structural inspection.

Oh, I wouldn’t worry about that just yet. The only thing we might notice is a grab at the MCBR, but that will happen if it’s necessary to bring the train down to normal, regular operating speed for the second half. And that will only happen when and if the ride is quite warm, is full of passengers, and (while it’s hard to believe) is hauling even faster than usual. Like I’ve said, the nice thing about RMC is that they operate as conceived and designed.
And having a train stop either here, or further back is less impacting than we think. Well, ok, we will notice a thirty second delay in dispatch or a longer stack. But a sure thing is that a train load of typical daily riders stunned by what they just experienced won’t care.

Driving in last week I was bummed about only one train and no fastlane. But go figure I met some really amazing people and exchanged numbers with a few of them. Harder to meet people and have nice conversations when you aren't stuck with them for a couple hours. So all in all it was abit nostalgic and a breath of fresh air.

Turning a negative into a positive.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service