CP Dining and Meal Plans 2018

Has anyone here had the Specialty Mac & Cheese from CJ's Provisions?

What exactly is offered with that? Is it good?

I'm also interested in trying the foldovers.

Taking my first 2018 visit tomorrow!!!

~chugh43

Don’t get your hopes up. Not all of the food stands were open this past weekend.

chris9ty said:

Don’t get your hopes up. Not all of the food stands were open this past weekend.

I'm not...I have no idea what I even want to eat tomorrow, but I want to know what's available and whether or not what's available with those two items are good.

I make multiple trips to the point each year, so getting an idea will always help.

~chugh43

Check out cpfoodblog for the dining plans info. He verifies it all with CP, keeps the list up to date and has reviews. Have a good trip!

chris9ty said:

Check out cpfoodblog for the dining plans info. He verifies it all with CP, keeps the list up to date and has reviews. Have a good trip!

I have in the past week or so, but haven't seen what the specialty mac and cheese is all about.

~chugh43

The Mac & cheese hut wasn’t open all last week Monday thru Thursday.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

XS NightClub said:

The Mac & cheese hut wasn’t open all last week Monday thru Thursday.

So someone likely had the chance to have it Friday-Sunday...which is why I'm asking....for those who have had it....what's it all about.

~chugh43

Also the Foldover stand wasn't open this past weekend.

XxKJ9xX said:

Also the Foldover stand wasn't open this past weekend.

Okay.....again, just asking about the Mac n Cheese.

I just said I was interested in trying the foldovers.

~chugh43

Skyride Refreshments is the main place to get the Mac n Cheese bowls, it was not open Sunday. I have not seen it open yet this year.

randinator said:

Skyride Refreshments is the main place to get the Mac n Cheese bowls, it was not open Sunday. I have not seen it open yet this year.

CJ Provision's apparently has specialty Mac n Cheese. Wasn't a big fan of the Skyride Refreshments for their Mac n Cheese bowls, although it's been a couple of years since I've had it.

~chugh43

I always enjoy a good dog, and Pink's always fits the bill. Until yesterday. No, it wasn't bad, but it was no different than a Ball Park or Oscar Meyer. No bite, no real texture, definitely not a casing dog as I remember. Even the onion rings were different. They seemed breaded rather than battered.

Just an observation.

I had Pink's last Friday and it was good. The onion rings were battered. Maybe you just went on a bad day. I just hope Buckaroo's opens soon. I don't think it's been open at all yet this year.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Is the beer-and-wine kiosk on frontier trail open? If so, does anyone know the listing of beers it is selling?

Tall and fast not so much upside down...

^

^^

I really enjoy the spicy Chicago Polish dog at Pink's. I just wish it could be a little more hot temperature wise. Just seems warm to cool....rather than nice and hot.

Last edited by darkrider68,

Enjoying the Ohio park on the shores of beautiful Lake Erie since the mid-1970s!

Pinks has not hit the proper holding temperature for food a couple times I’ve been there. And it’s not like it’s a one off, they’re running through the product.

Once was so bad, I took the tray to guest services and a foods manager came and took the temp and had them dump everything they were making at the time. I don’t go back now.

Yep. Unfortunately it's been on the cool side just about every time I've been there.

Enjoying the Ohio park on the shores of beautiful Lake Erie since the mid-1970s!

The danger zone for hot food is under 135, think about that when you’re at pink’s the next time. Also with the other foods that are cooked around it, just because they’re hot dogs or sausages doesn’t mean under temp is safe.

The staff there has been among the worst I’ve encountered at food services for some reason, not sure why but they seem to excel at bad service at that location.

The new locations in frontier town have been superb as far as service and CP food quality, quite a remarkable change for the good.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

That's a good point. I guess I assumed it had been cooked to the safe temperature but cooled down. That may not be the case.

Agree mostly about the new FT food offerings. At passholder preview, MK's brisket was fantastic, as well as the following Sunday. I went there during CoasterMania and it was like dry cheap cold pot roast. I'm hoping that's not an omen of things to come. On the other hand, tried a Chess burger at the Roundup at preview and it had been sitting too long. Pretty lousy. I've been there 2 times since then, and it was fantastic.

Urumqi said:
Is the beer-and-wine kiosk on frontier trail open? If so, does anyone know the listing of beers it is selling?

The Trail Tavern (if that is what you are referring to, not sure) is open but I don't know what is being sold cause I don't drink.

Last edited by ImpulsivePhoenix,

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service