CP Dining and Meal Plans 2018

Cpfoodblog just posted the Dining Plans for 2018, doesn’t appear to be on the official CP site yet.

Looks to be a lot of new options especially back in Frontier Town. Don’t remember as many options at Johnny Rockets either. Chick-fil-a is not on the list.

My only gripe: One slice of pizza still does not make a meal.

http://cpfoodblog.com/2018-cedar-point-dining-plans/

It may have been further edited - Chick-fil-a is there now:

Chick-fil-A®
Served with waffle fries
– Chicken Sandwich
– Chicken Nuggets

I assume it will be a pretty big slice. Probably be best to ask before you commit though.

Enjoying the Ohio park on the shores of beautiful Lake Erie since the mid-1970s!

This is my first year with a dining plan. I used it at KI opening weekend and was very happy with it. I don't regret it at all and will get good bang for my buck this year.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I guess it was only a matter of time. The Panda Express meal is now a bowl instead of a plate, which is a bummer.

Brandon

Thabto, KI is more generous with certain portion sizes than CP in general. Two slices of pizza, two entree at Panda etc. We found Wagon Wheel pizza last year decent but any other location was a rather small slice of questionable quality pizza.

IIRC there was some griping on here last year about C&P’s serving 1/3 sandwich instead of a half.

I think we are all exciting about the new food options this year, I just hope they have put a little effort into improving the standards items around the park as well.

djDaemon said:

I guess it was only a matter of time. The Panda Express meal is now a bowl instead of a plate, which is a bummer.

It was a bowl last year. But if you asked for a plate they would put it on a plate.

Debating if I should get it. I usually do but haven’t yet. Would love to enjoy More of the new foods but wondering if it’s worth the cost. The food has definitely improved by leaps and bounds in just a few years time.

First ride; Magnum 1994

I’m kinda sad the Sidewinder fries and the smokehouse pizza aren’t options

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

Round Up looks pretty good. And it definitely looks like I get more with Wagon Wheel Pizza than the Corral.

Still one of my favorites is Shores Only with the Brisket Sandwich and a pretty decent sized side.

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

Bluestreaker said:
It was a bowl last year. But if you asked for a plate they would put it on a plate.

Ah, OK. We skipped last year, so obviously missed the change.

Brandon

From Cedar Point website, includes map.

https://cdn-cloudfront.cfauthx.com/binaries/content/assets/cp-en-us...-guide.jpg

Last edited by Zoug68,

I was going to add it or us this year, but when I got to the window, I was told you can't add the CP-only plan to a platinum pass. I visit KI way less than CP, if at all, and I only really have platinum because of parking and the water park about 90% of the time - so I don't need to use it at other parks.

At $42 more than the CP-Only dining plan, I don't think I would get my money's worth, especially if I got it for all 3 of us. So, I suppose I'll be buying food out of pocket this year.

I had the same issue. Kind of silly considering you can add CP drink plan to platinum.

I don't go to other CF parks enough to justify the $. I did take a look at wonderlands plan and made me jealous... a lot more than burgers/ tenders BBQ and fries there.
http://cpfoodblog.com/2018-canadas-wonderland-dining-plans/

Last edited by Joe E,

Gemini 100- 6/11/01

Joe E, the $30 “CP” drink plan is good chainwide so if you have a Platinum Pass you can use it everywhere. The same was true with the all season souvenir bottles. A KI cup would scan at CP.

What is a “fold over”?

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

It’s usually a flat bread, or pita, or hot pocket style thing that’s filled and folded over. Think bready taco.

It's a fantastic value. Especially this year with so much new food to try, I'll definitely be getting the plan at least one of the days I'm there. :D

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Yesterday, I went to Panda and they were giving out plates for those with the meal plan. It was more than I expected. It also appears they don't offer the bowl option anymore as I didn't see it on the menu board. PE is a good value if you got the meal plan. I used my other meal at Miss Keat's Smokehouse and got Chopped Pork with Mac and Cheese and a corn muffin. So far, I'm pleased with the dining plan. I think it was a good investment.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

My oldest and I tried the brisket at Miss Keats yesterday and overall was pretty good. They were serving the top muscle of the deckle and slicing it with the grain instead of against it so the texture was way off and chewy but could be somewhat mitigated by cutting it into small pieces. Rookie mistake. Very mild smoke flavor and not how I prepare it but probably best for the general population. It was three slices and while not a huge meal certainly adequate and probably a correctly sized portion. The slaw was really good which probably means there was a lot of sugar in it so I will contact them for nutritional information and see if I can get it again.

Later my son got the Wagon Wheel Pizza and was a fairly large slice and a bit bigger than last year. Let’s hope the bean counters don’t come along and downsize.

We ate at off peak times 4 and 8 so absolutly no lines, but overall the park seemed adequately staffed for the crowd. Probably not enough had it been a nice day.

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

Also gave Miss Keats a try Sunday and was satisfied. Had the smoked sausage and it's a fairly large piece. About 10' ;) (hey size matters when it comes to your smoked sausage) and the Mac and Cheese. Not overly filling but enough to keep me full and not get sick when you go ride some more rides.

Glad they're offering the BBQ sauce as an option cause the one thing I didn't like about the free samples was that the brisket was drenched in sauce. I'm a dry rub guy who prefers to dip in sauce.

So far the meal plan options seem much improved over last season. And again if the overhaul of the Frontier dining options are any indication of the direction the food quality is going I'm pretty excited.

Miss Keats definitely won't be the best BBQ you'll have, not even the best on property with Famous Dave's in the Marina, but it's good and an excellent new option for the meal plans.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service