Steel Vengeance

So I heard they added a collective and cyclic control to the trains. :D
(grab bars)

Was there for Coaster Campout over the weekend with my better half. On Saturday night, Digger was running with no grab bars. Next morning, Chess was running with grab bars and Digger was on transfer track with them installed, as well. RMC was on site overnight and they ran trains for about 90 minutes after the ERT was over (it wasn’t easy getting to sleep with that lift hill noise, or the periodic outbursts from the fortune teller machine in Frontiertown!).

As for the ride, it was my first time on it, and words cannot do it justice. I had (over)indulged in the hype and watched a few too many videos leading up to it, to the point where when we got to the park Saturday, I figured there was no way it could match the expectations. Now, it was also my first RMC, so perhaps part of it was just the newness of that type of design, but it was beyond thrilling. No amount of POV viewing prepared me for the actual ride experience. The intensity was amazing, but unlike something like Raptor or Banshee, which I get off of feeling a bit dizzy and worn out (I still love those rides, though), it was exhilarating. Ended up riding five times that night, with both front and back row rides, and then one front row in the morning.

PS - Coaster Campout was a great time. I highly recommend to anyone looking for a unique park experience.

Hexy27 said:

Was there for Coaster Campout over the weekend with my better half. On Saturday night, Digger was running with no grab bars. Next morning, Chess was running with grab bars and Digger was on transfer track with them installed, as well. RMC was on site overnight and they ran trains for about 90 minutes after the ERT was over (it wasn’t easy getting to sleep with that lift hill noise, or the periodic outbursts from the fortune teller machine in Frontiertown!).

As for the ride, it was my first time on it, and words cannot do it justice. I had (over)indulged in the hype and watched a few too many videos leading up to it, to the point where when we got to the park Saturday, I figured there was no way it could match the expectations. Now, it was also my first RMC, so perhaps part of it was just the newness of that type of design, but it was beyond thrilling. No amount of POV viewing prepared me for the actual ride experience. The intensity was amazing, but unlike something like Raptor or Banshee, which I get off of feeling a bit dizzy and worn out (I still love those rides, though), it was exhilarating. Ended up riding five times that night, with both front and back row rides, and then one front row in the morning.

PS - Coaster Campout was a great time. I highly recommend to anyone looking for a unique park experience.

Do you know if during those test runs, if they were running more than one train?

~chugh43

Not certain. The intervals between trains were several minutes - I’d guesstimate close to 10 minutes on average - but that doesn’t necessarily mean they only had one train on the track. Wasn’t close enough to see anything.

So RMC is welding grab bars to the trains? Why? Did I miss something?

Seems unrelated to what actually needs fixed.

What were wait time throughout the weekend?

They are part of a casing that go around the restraint side bars and are attached with screws.

Wait time on Saturday was posted as 1:45 to 2 hours. Did not ride during the regular time, so unsure of accuracy. Wait time during ERT Sunday morning was already at 2 hours, as well.

The ride went down on Sunday due to restraint sensor issue while first train for day was boarding. Took about 15-20 to fix. It malfunctioned again when I got on next dispatch, and they roped off that row. That was the last I saw of the ride, as we left to head home not long after.

Crew was doing an awesome job of turning over the train Saturday during ERT. A guy I was with in line had them dispatching every 4 minutes, including ride time.

We got in line for SV on Saturday just at the tail end of early entry, and I believe the sign said 2 hours. It actually took an hour and a half, and by that point the line was shorter (with the sign still saying 2 hours), so we decided to go again. This time it would've been only 45 minutes, but we opted to wait for the front. 7 couples times 4 minutes apiece = an extra half hour. But holy cow was it worth it! All rows on the train are good, but the front was amazing.

Are the grab bars like this style seen in row 2?

or like the ones in row 1 in the background of this picture?

I personally would rather see the 2nd option.

~chugh43

2nd option from the photo I saw.

Although I don't use them, I'm not really surprised to see the "grab bars" added. In fact, I was surprised CP didn't ask for them to begin with (or maybe they did) since they appeared on Lightning Rod previously and Twisted Timbers also had them when I visited during KD's second or third weekend of operation.

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the actual problems they're waiting/attempting to fix.

-Matt

^^They’re the ones from the 2nd pic. They’re kinda awkward to use, particularly the inside ones as if you and your riding partner are both using your handles, you’ll be rubbing knuckles.

They are a bit odd. They don't really get in the way or bother me, but you can tell they're an afterthought. Seems like they could build something into the lapbar similar to what Millennium Force or Dragster have. This could double as something to yank up on for the operators rather than the little rubber strap they have on the outside bar currently.

-Matt

I rode it Saturday during early entry. We got to the back of the park to the hold area around 8:30. We ran along with everyone else and ended up waiting only 10 minutes in line. It seemed like the average person can only sprint to the railroad crossing by Gemini lol, so if you can go further, you will have a short wait. We were with someone who did not run and he waited probably 35 minutes.
The ride was incredible, everything I hoped for! I kept waiting for it to be painful and it never was. So smooth and re-rideable. I can't wait to get on again! It made my old favorite, Maverick, a bit of a disappointment afterwards.

I knew it was gonna be an amazing experience. But I'm with you Coco, Maverick and Magnum felt much more tame after riding.

It really speaks to how "Next level" this ride is in pretty much any category you can think of. I spent all weekend trying to find a way to sum it up in a sentence.

All I can come up with is. The ride is hell bent on killing you. Someone also said "It's as if Mav and MF had a baby". That works as well.

In closing a great big Thank You to Cedar Point and RMC! What a masterpiece.

Any overnight updates? Was it a RMC @ Sandusky night or RMC @ Doswell night?

If any riders feels like posting wait times or any details from today; that would be greatly appreciated...

Has the boarding pass procedure been implemented yet besides opening weekend? I assume they'll break it back out for Memorial weekend.

PghCSTRfan said:

If any riders feels like posting wait times or any details from today; that would be greatly appreciated...

Has the boarding pass procedure been implemented yet besides opening weekend? I assume they'll break it back out for Memorial weekend.

Go on reddit, lots of people post their experience every day. RMC was on site all day yesterday.

SV ruins all other rides.

PghCSTRfan said:

Here and got on second dispatch of the day on Chess. Got back in line and a couple of dispatches later Chess went down.....not sure what happened, but Digger has been running all day.

Wait times on app say 1hr 45 min......board says 3 hours, but employee at the front says more like 2 to 2.5 hours. All wrong.......waited 45 min after all that. No boarding passes. Waits are considerably shorter than posted times. The team kills it.

No RMC on site.

^Just searched Reddit for the first AND last time....What a mess.

I'll just wait to see what I need to see on here.

Çp4€và04 said:

I knew it was gonna be an amazing experience. But I'm with you Coco, Maverick and Magnum felt much more tame after riding.

This is something I've thought about a lot. I haven't been yet this year but will be going in a few weeks. I'll be there three days and feel like I should wait on SV for awhile and get some rides in on my favorites first before it ruins them forever.

Yes, this is why they felt the need to bring back the tunnel effects and liven up the old
Guy.
My old favorite coaster seems so tame now, but I still love him.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service