Steel Vengeance

Why is it so important to have your phone with you?

I mentioned phone because it was the article he was referring to, but for me it's more so my inhaler(metal canister) that I like to have with me. It ain't easy being wheezy.

Cyanide Princess said:

So what you can't have your phone in your pocket, even if it's secured at Universal?

Nope - and the first 2 years they started this (on year 3 now) it was a very sweaty and crazy mess. The lockers were a nightmare and crowded (basically - take 40 minutes to put your stuff in and THEN get in line to wait for metal detectors, and if you forgot something, walk all the way back to open the locker (after waiting 10 minutes in the crowd, take everything out, and then get back in line for a new locker). Did I mention it's the worst?

Bluestreaker said:

Ride/Weather updates while in line. Also updating other non-riders on status. General boredom. ;)

Bluestreaker said:

Pointbuzz! :D

Once you start breeding you will understand.

Yeah, what corpkid said. I'm kind of an introvert- I have a hard time initiating conversations with strangers, though I'll be glad to speak if spoken to first- so I don't always get the benefit of queueversations. Having my phone to diddle with helps pass the time.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

I am an introvert myself (way too much of one). I have bad anxiety with trying to talk to people, I try when people say something to me, I wish I could do better. Definitely nice to be able to check my phone in lines.

On a good note, I finally got to riding SV twice in a day!

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

For 1 train operation (and only 24 available seats on said train), I think the crew is doing an awesome job at keeping the line moving.

From what I have heard and understand, RMC and IOE typically works on their rides at night after the park closes. They are still currently having minor issues with Twisted Timbers at KD, so they are back and forth between Sandusky and Doswell. In terms of 3 train operation, I am hearing it will be at least a couple more weeks. Blackjack doesn't even have all of it's wheels on yet from a minor delay that occurred during initial testing, and the MCBR isn't programmed as a block just yet. Also from what I have heard and understand, for those of us who have had the pleasure of riding SV as of now, once 3 trains happen, the pacing will be trimmed a bit on the MCBR. Not sure how much though.

Once again, these are all things that I have heard. I obviously don't work for either company so I don't know what is true and/or false, so let's take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

Anyone know if SV operates if it's just raining (and how painful it may be)? We've marathoned MF in the rain during the very first Coaster Campout, and that was pretty fun. Our first ride on GK was also in really cold rain, so maybe we can start a terrible tradition of first rides in the rain.

It was operating in a steady but light rain Saturday. First half is a little painful, but nowhere near MF level. For the 2nd half you are in the structure most of the time, and with a-little speed loss it really was a non issue. Would ride again for sure if it was raining and open.

Guessing with the brake issues if it does rain, they will go down to 1 train. (Non issue now obviously )

Last edited by Joe E,

Gemini 100- 6/11/01

TwistedWicker77 said:
For 1 train operation (and only 24 available seats on said train), I think the crew is doing an awesome job at keeping the line moving.

From what I have heard and understand, RMC and IOE typically works on their rides at night after the park closes. They are still currently having minor issues with Twisted Timbers at KD, so they are back and forth between Sandusky and Doswell. In terms of 3 train operation, I am hearing it will be at least a couple more weeks. Blackjack doesn't even have all of it's wheels on yet from a minor delay that occurred during initial testing, and the MCBR isn't programmed as a block just yet. Also from what I have heard and understand, for those of us who have had the pleasure of riding SV as of now, once 3 trains happen, the pacing will be trimmed a bit on the MCBR. Not sure how much though.

Once again, these are all things that I have heard. I obviously don't work for either company so I don't know what is true and/or false, so let's take it with a grain of salt.

They already trim on the midcourse if its going too fast. I’ve experienced already. It is very minimal but it’s there visually.

SV ruins all other rides.

Is there a definitive answer as to whether or not fanny packs are allowed on SV? This is becoming my wife's preferred method of carrying stuff around and it would be good to know beforehand.

No, they're not. I saw guests get kicked off for carrying them onto the ride. Just get a locker for a couple hours or invest in cargo shorts.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

It was sent to Michigan's Adventure.

Last edited by Lash,

Cedar Point GCI said:

Anybody notice that the red light on top of the lift hill isn't flashing? Isn't that highly illegal?

TAER IT DOWN!!11!

:)

Great. Now there’s gonna be a whole different kind of crash.

ROUNDABOUND.

Isn't it a rule that all aircraft have to fly 15 feet above any obstacle?

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Skyhawk06 said:

No, they're not. I saw guests get kicked off for carrying them onto the ride. Just get a locker for a couple hours or invest in cargo shorts.

Thank you!

Cedar Point GCI said:

Anybody notice that the red light on top of the lift hill isn't flashing? Isn't that highly illegal?

You posted this here and on "another forum", and both were greeted with derision. At this point you're going to have to write to Congress or start a Change.org petition to make any progress. I wish you luck in your noble crusade!

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

#redlightsmatter

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service