Steel Vengeance

I'm thinking if it was anything major, they would have to shut it down completely. Maybe the problems are with the trains.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Based on a post on Coasterbuzz they ran 2 different trains this weekend, Chess and Digger. So either the issue is not the trains or they are already testing which would be a really good sign.

Rode steel Vengeance again and it was fun. I hope the park develop s maverick’s point of view as to what happened between he and chess, digger, and blackjack.

Tall and fast not so much upside down...

Anybody have a report on weekday wait times for this thing yet? Gonna be there next Monday and Tuesday morning. I'd suspect it would be markedly different compared to the weekend wait times.

Undomesticated equines could not remove me.

I believe I saw a FB post showing a 2-hour wait yesterday.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

We waited a little over an hour on Sunday evening and close to 2 for early entry Monday morning- it would have been maybe a half hour but we were in rain delay.

The amount of weather radars and weather "minute-casts" on surrounding folks' cell phones made the wait both informative and more than a little humorous.

From what I have pieced together it seems like the line may be to longest early in the day for those on the loosing end of the running of the bulls. Lots of reports of half hour waits but those could be attributed to the ride reopening after down time. As with any coaster running one train the line can grow from 1/2 hour to 2 or more very quickly.

Also, the 1-2 hour waits for SV over the last couple of days have to be put in the context of pretty lousy weather and a pretty empty park. Most other rides were probably walk ons.

Saw a post on Twitter claiming RMC was working overnight last night testing multiple trains (not sure if it was two or three). Taking it with a grain of salt, but there was at least a video clip of a train going down the hill in the dark with water dummies. So something was going on it appears. Maybe a sign of hope. Or maybe just fixing what was wrong yesterday in the afternoon to get it up with one train again for today...

-Matt

I have read conflicting reports. Before the accident, did the ride ever run with 3 trains? I thought I read only 2 were being used, can anyone speak to capacity in regards to this-- do we see the ride ever running 3 trains?

It was only running two trains when the bump happened and that was opening day. To my knowledge, it hasn't run with three trains while loaded with guests. I'm not sure about during pre-season testing.

I'm sure they didn't buy three trains with the idea of only running two. The capacity of the ride is only a max of 1200pph with three and probably 800ish with two so that's really not all that much by CP standards.

-Matt

Whatever the issue might be, trust and believe that they’re working every angle as fast as they can to get it all together. This is the park’s nightmare.

In the meantime you Coastermania attendees should brace for a change in schedule that may result in drawing assigned ride times.... if that....

Hope not.

Hell hath no fury like enthusiasts missing out on ERT...

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

MDOmnis said:

Also, the 1-2 hour waits for SV over the last couple of days have to be put in the context of pretty lousy weather and a pretty empty park. Most other rides were probably walk ons.

Great Point... this whole situation just sucks.

Assuming Nice weather and weekday for early June- I expect if i'm at the gate for early entry and sprint back there at 9am, ill have around 30 min wait

9:30am - 1 hr

10am - 2 hr

10:13am - 3 hr (until park close)

Gotta believe they'll have multiple trains by memorial day weekend.

This week there are going to be a bunch of field trips to CP. Typically around 5-6 is when a lot of those school groups leave. That's the best time to get in line from my experience so far.

What do you think Mon/Tues next week will be like (removing weather variables)? It's after science week (field trips) and before Memorial Day so I'm hoping it will be pretty light.

MDOmnis said:
Saw a post on Twitter claiming RMC was working overnight last night testing multiple trains (not sure if it was two or three).

If true that's a great sign. It may mean they are not wanting on construction or parts. It may reduce the chances of a longer delay.

Great Point... this whole situation just sucks.

No; it's 'Cedar' Point

WAKA WAKA

Undomesticated equines could not remove me.

^Jeff, when is that "Vote down" button coming? ;)

Like SV, I'm not stopping there though. :D I'm glad to hear that they were working on SV over night. I was curious how they were going to handle ride re-work, whether they were going to close the ride for certain hours each day, or if they'd handle it after hours. Hoping they get it to desired operation sooner than later.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Yesterday afternoon they were down for the count due to “technical” and they sent everyone home. I’d be quite sure evenings/nights after close are busy at SV. They may even have the crew in.

Got 4 laps today. Wow this thing flies. I honestly don't find it super reridable as I'm prone to getting ejector airtime headaches, but man I'm so thrilled Cedar Point has this coaster. Best in the park for sure.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service