Steel Vengeance Media Day

I work for the labor union that represents most of the locomotive engineers in the United States. I've heard stories. :)

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Now that I am actually consciously able to process thought, I will add that the food we had a chance to dive into was really well done. I think Pete mentioned the brisket, but there is also a new option called "sidewinder fries" that I'm assuming you can get with all sorts of options.

Those were really, really good. Imagine if a steak fry met a curly fry and they had a child.

That's a sidewinder fry.

The stand for them will be located just outside the Palace Theater, if memory serves me correctly. No doubt this is something many of you will be able to sample at the Passholder nights. Take two!

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

And that’s at Sue’s, right? I’ve heard they’re good. And didn’t Roundup get a menu overhaul as well?

I’m pretty sure (and hopeful) that those of us attending the charity event will be treated to the same food and prizes that media day folks did. Those blocks of wood, while not the most original idea, are always fun to get. And this time it’s especially meaningful.
I was also hoping we might get to see/meet LeBron himself. But I hear he’s a pretty busy guy these days.

Yes, I didn't snap a pic, but it looked like each of eateries had gotten a menu refresh.

The Steel Vengeance/Mean Streak blocks are each individually numbered. We left with #'s 805 and 806, respectively. I would certainly think that the charity auction folks will get one, as well as the food.

I can't wait to hear the reactions after tomorrow.

Another passing thought;

The H.O.R.S.E. update to the 3-point challenge looks much better in Frontier Town; they "themed" it about as best one could to blend in with the surroundings. Although I'm still not sure how the game will work, as an actual game of H.O.R.S.E. can take quite awhile.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

I finally got around to writing a detailed element-by-element ride review as well as a full media day photo trip report. This coaster truly is insane and is easily my all-time #1 favorite. Kudos to Cedar Point and RMC for such an epic creation!

http://thrillsawait.weebly.com/trip-reports/element-by-element-revi...ay-delight

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

That was an entertaining read. Really looking forward to tomorrow evening's event.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

What does "Foamers" mean with regards to train enthusiasts?

Someone who is so excited by trains, they foam at the mouth.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

I will be attending tomorrow as well and am really looking forward to the event. I'm not "foamer" excited, but after reading reviews from some of you here I am excited to say the least.

Reading a lot of these reviews, I am even more excited than ever before. I have to admit, I am typically the type of person that doesn't truly enjoy the rest of a roller coaster after the MCBR, because that always means to me that the ride is almost over. But I have heard nothing but great things about the second half of this beast. I am excited for all of it! The atmosphere, the reactions of riders, the theming, and the ride itself. I unfortunately cannot make it to the event tomorrow or even the hoedown, so I am expecting to see a lot of good and honest reviews of this ride from those who are not the media too!

Question; was "Shady Hollow" a part of Frontier Town last season?

Promoter of fog.

Skydiver said:

I'll be there, Anyone know where we'll be allowed to park? Not going to whine about parking in the main lot, just a question.

If you look on your ticket, it says to proceed and park in the Magnum parking lot.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

TwistedWicker77 said:

Reading a lot of these reviews, I am even more excited than ever before. I have to admit, I am typically the type of person that doesn't truly enjoy the rest of a roller coaster after the MCBR, because that always means to me that the ride is almost over. But I have heard nothing but great things about the second half of this beast.

I usually feel this way as well, with Raptor being the biggest exception.. but I think Steel Vengeance will join it.

^ Yes! Thank you. I agree with that. Raptor is an exception for sure.

The weather looks to be clearing up just in time for tonight. Excited beyond words to ride this thing!

I got my photos up for those interested in some more shots from media day!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/invertalon/albums/72157696173790155

Do they have bins on the ride platform? My friend and I will be there next weekend and I was just curious.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

Nope. I can confirm no bins.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Are the lockers open for use, paid or not? Considering getting one at the Hoedown.

"Looks like Grizzly but after it had the operation Wolverine had." -My bother after I told him to look up media day videos. King Dominion was our home park growing up.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service