Steel Vengeance

Omg looking at that picture on twitter, is it even POSSIBLE to put your arms up without hitting a beam and losing your arms?!

Last edited by ValravnCP,

R.I.P Luminosity ~ 2012-2017 ~ Greatest show in Heaven, Hell or Earth
Steel Vengeance rides: 20

If you do loose an arm, think the ops will stop the trains and go look for it or make you wait until the end of the day?

Assuredly they did an envelope test, but I'm really anxious to see those inter-structure head-choppers.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

They would probably stop the ride and go look for them. Wouldn't want anyone slithering up the fences to get their arms back

R.I.P Luminosity ~ 2012-2017 ~ Greatest show in Heaven, Hell or Earth
Steel Vengeance rides: 20

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1634411929929254&...3424599786

RMC Apparel now available online.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Honestly I really like the merch they're putting out. Simple, elegant designs. Might have to get a hat.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Sounds like a winner!

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/the-first-steel-vengeance-ride

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Says a lot that Steel Vengeance has dethroned Millennium Force for Tony! Gonna be interesting to see if this lives up to the hype for people, since “best coaster in the world” is the highest of expectations. Inevitably there will be people that prefer other coasters (heck I bet some will still prefer Maverick or MF). Not much longer til we’ll find out.
From my eyes this looks like the perfect roller coaster on paper, but sometimes what’s on paper doesn’t always translate to reality. We’ll see.

Last edited by JCoaster25,

Ride host only lapbar placement. Damn.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

It's like that on a lot (if not all) RMCs.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

how come? So if I fasten my seatbelt and pull down my own lap bar I'm probably going to be that one asshole that slows it down for everyone then?

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Let’s compare that to Dollywood where they insist you lower you own lap bar. No help whatsoever. And like I’ve said, those restraints are stiff and if you're of any size at all it’s difficult. So ops stand on the platform, dispatch takes twice as long, trains stack for days and it’s an overall poor choice.

So CP can come around and put me in safely all day long and that’ll be fine as long as crucial dispatch time is maintained. They’re smart to do it this way and they’re gonna need to keep it speedy with the impact this ride is going to have.

And if you’ve never experienced the extreme negative forces of an RMC ride, trust me when I say that you’ll be grateful to have that restraint as close to you as possible.

I do have a bit of size on my thighs and midsection, but my worries are mostly about the seatbelt. Are the restraints heavy in any way or just overbearing? They look like it whenever I look at a picture of an RMC train, like either my legs are going to get crushed or something. They just look so overbearing...

Last edited by Skyhawk06,

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

I understand your concern, but remember seatbelts can be any length as long as they have room to contract. And they can vary from seat to seat. Let’s assume the park will follow recommended manufacturer guidelines but still, seatbelts vary from ride to ride, park to park.
The restraints aren’t heavy, but they sure don’t budge. And they’re tight on the body. I’m big through the middle and once it gets low enough to go I find it pushes on my diaphragm and makes it difficult to breathe. Especially on a dynamic ride.
Two weeks from tonight and I’m on the last stretch of working to make myself as slim as possible before. I’ll make it ok, I just want to be as comfortable as possible.

XS NightClub said:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1634411929929254&...3424599786

RMC Apparel now available online.

$34 dollars for a t-shirt with shipping...yikes.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

I have seen at least one person that can’t fit on Goliath at SFGAM almost every time while waiting in line. It seems that people with a bigger midsection had issues because the lap bar couldn’t be pushed down enough.

Does anyone know if there will be a height restriction on SV (6'6) like some other rides at cedar point. I am exactly 6'6 have been measured multiple times for Dragster, Wicked Twister. Nothing a good slouch can't fix while in the station but I didn't know if anyone has seen this on any other RMC coasters they have been on. Have asked Tony through twitter multiple times no response though.

Skyhawk06 said:

They look like it whenever I look at a picture of an RMC train, like either my legs are going to get crushed or something. They just look so overbearing...

They're not the best, but they're not terrible. The bars don't fall down on you like say Magnum or a GCI Millennium Flyer train - they pretty much remain in the place you put them. They are a bit difficult to move both up and down, although it seemed like they might have improved this a bit on Twisted Timbers vs. Lightning Rod. The lapbars themselves are pretty similar to Millennium Force or Dragster in how they feel and the material they're made from. The shin guards are made from similar material and are fairly comfortable at least for me (6'2" and a bit chunky). The one problem that seems easily fixed is the positioning of the seatbelt buckle which is right in the middle of your lap so in can be in a bad spot between your man bits and the lapbar. The buckle should probably be positioned more to one side or the other. The reason they are going to insist on doing the lapbars for you is likely that the seatbelts are very difficult to see or physically check once the bar is down. The lapbar literally hides them.

I'm interested to see how the operations will shake out on this ride because I've yet to be impressed with how they seem to go on other RMCs (first hand experience with Lightning Rod and Twisted Timbers, and YouTube videos of some others like Wicked Cyclone). I'm crossing my fingers that there won't be bottlenecks with the ride itself (slow parking of trains, releasing of lapbars, etc) and that CP will put at least four staff minimum on the train so it's just six seats each to deal with. Having the no loose article policy should help. Enforcement of trying the test seat will also be a big key.

Last edited by MDOmnis,

-Matt

The video is here!

Last edited by Perpetual Obsession,

Well... there go the concerns over second half pacing. WOW. Very pleasantly surprised. This looks like a nonstop beast. Can't wait!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service