Steel Vengeance

Skyhawk if you are on this site long enough it will build up yer sarcasm detector.

Just give it time ;)

Oh, thanks. Yeah, I'm very new to forum use still. Besides, it's harder to read sarcasm in text then when someone's saying it out loud to your face.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

XS NightClub said:

In all honesty, I think they should just cancel SV media and preview days. Instead they should just have another GK media day, it was that amazing that just having the chance to relive that moment in time will fix all life’s wrongs and make everyone in attendance whole.

Is there *really* a need to mock people for enjoying an event?

And the "whole" thing is getting really old and tired.

I think you are missing the sacasim. The joke was that some people complain about the released pov footage.

argues just for clicks

Oh, yeah. You're right, I'm missing the sarcasm. This one guy on instagram pretty much devotes his time to complaining about SV's pacing.

I'd rather be sailing

Winkie faces usually are a good indicator. I think it’s needless to say that all of us are incredibly impressed by the POV footage so far. Can’t wait!!!

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Thanks for the advice. I just want to know where the best seat on an RMC is, so anyone with RMC experience, now would be a good time to tell me. I would say it's the back..?

I'd rather be sailing

Does that imply that all RMC’s are the same?

Without a ride on this particular coaster, I feel like the back will be where it’s at for Steel Vengeance. Like on a lot of coasters, I think people will consider the front seat to be the prime real estate, and I can see that. The view around and straight ahead will be memorable if not spectacular. But some of those drops, especially the first, from the back? That’s what I’m looking forward to.

I was told that the seats for the First Train(s) will be assigned by lottery or drawing. I don’t know if then the seats will be assigned or if we’ll choose in order. But I do know that if my name is drawn first I’ll surprise everyone by saying “The back, please.”

Skyhawk, it is like going to see 5 different doctors. You will get 5 different diagnoses. Ultimately a more important question will be which train is the best.

Where do you generally like to ride coasters? Start there and then ride them all.

Personally, my first ride will probably be in the middle and then I will try closer to the front and back and see what I like. I also don’t like getting in a rut and try to ride a different seat every time.

So will it be a different seat each train, like blackjack is best in the back and digger is the best in the front, while chess' best spot is in the middle. I like to ride coasters in the back because of the higher g's you get there.

I'd rather be sailing

I beleive the differences in trains are more pronounced on woodies so being a hybrid it may not be huge, but it surely will be there. The woodie I am most familiar with is The Boss and differences in trains are very apparent.

^Out of curiosity, which Boss trains are best, middle, and worst (it has 3 IIRC)? I might go there in the future and that'd be some nice knowledge to have.

Some steel coasters have train variation too. On Nitro at SFGAdv, one of the trains (Train C if I remember correctly) was infamous for rattling at one point, while the infamously bad Manhattan Express in Las Vegas apparently is a much better ride if you happen to get on a train that has just finished servicing.

Last edited by GigaG,

I’m a fan of Digger :)

Last edited by CoasterKyle1121,

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Haven’t been on The Boss since 2014 but I prefered the green train somewhere towards the middle, the other they ran was red. (I think, I am extremely color blind) They have 3 trains but rarely ran all three. A lot has probably changed since then and they are in the process of removing the helix right now. I remember always thinking half way through that helix I want this to be over NOW!. Lol. I never experienced jackhammering as strong as MS but it was certainly rough. I think 3 rides in one day was the most punishment I could suffer.

I plan on going back in June but the grandparents will want to spend their time at the waterpark with the boys so will have to wait until it warms up enough. Hope to get at least on solid day on the dry side. Will report back.

I mean, blue streak has an awesome ride in the back along with a lot of the other coasters at Cedar Point.

I'd rather be sailing

Nope. Not worth it. Go ride Corkscrew instead.

Meh........

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Man, that thing is HAULING. And it'll only continue to get faster as it warms up more, wow.

Perpetual Obsession said:

Man, that thing is HAULING. And it'll only continue to get faster as it warms up more, wow.

Exactly what I was thinking! If it's fast now, imagine what it'll be like when it's warm, with people on it!

RMC streak or bust!

Hopefully they don't add trims ;)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service